June 04, 2024, 07:08:15 PM

Author Topic: Friendlies....Interesting score for that matter  (Read 2526 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Friendlies....Interesting score for that matter
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »
I was just browsing the Internet for score, highlight etc, and i realized that Canada and some other non-World Cup teams are playing quite a few friendlies. In addition, there were some big upsets in a couple friendlies. Check it out below!!

Ireland  3 - 0  Sweden
35' D Duff    1 - 0   
47' R Keane  2 - 0   
70' L Miller    3 - 0   

France  1 - 2  Slovakia
60'      0 - 1  S Nemeth
73' S Wiltord  1 - 1   
80'     1 - 2  J Valachovic
80'     J Valachovic (pen miss)

Italy  4 - 1  Germany
5'      A Gilardino  1 - 0   
7'            L Toni  2 - 0   
39'    D De Rossi  3 - 0   
57'   A Del Piero  4 - 0   
82'          4 - 1  R Huth

This was the most interesting. This is canada second friendly. They have another one coming up as well. They seem to be doing good. I am jealous that they playing more consecutives games than us :-\ I mean i know we have a couple more coming up, but i am just saying

Austria  0 - 2  Canada
65'   0 - 1  J Brennan
71'   0 - 2  J Brennan

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Friendlies....Interesting score for that matter
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 12:45:55 AM »
This was the most interesting. This is canada second friendly. They have another one coming up as well. They seem to be doing good. I am jealous that they playing more consecutives games than us :-\ I mean i know we have a couple more coming up, but i am just saying

Austria  0 - 2  Canada
65'   0 - 1  J Brennan
71'   0 - 2  J Brennan

Kingman

Dem probably jealous we more dat we in de world cup and not dem.  If yuh had to make a choice....which one yuh would tek?  More consecutive warm up matches or a WC Finals (or even a Hex) appearance?  Yuh rather have Yallop ( a coach who rebuildin and usin anybody at he disposal to try out fuh de national team) or Beenhakker (we all know his philosophy with regards to preparation for the WC) as Head Coach?

Are you perhaps suggesting that were Canada to play T&T today, they would more than likely beat T&T because they playin "more consecutive warm up matches"?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:48:29 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:02:30 AM »
 I made a good Observation with these friendlies...Out of the four CONCACAF teams going germany....Three win and is only Costa Rica that lose and not by much...Mexico dominate Ghana....We dominated Iceland up to a point and I don't know about the other two games but USA win...The real tests for T&T is yet to come with Peru and Czech Republic on the cards...Hopefully and if the players play to their ability we could get good results.....Go T&T

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 08:41:33 AM »

Austria  0 - 2  Canada
65'   0 - 1  J Brennan
71'   0 - 2  J Brennan

Kingman

Dem probably jealous we more dat we in de world cup and not dem.  If yuh had to make a choice....which one yuh would tek?  More consecutive warm up matches or a WC Finals (or even a Hex) appearance?  Yuh rather have Yallop ( a coach who rebuildin and usin anybody at he disposal to try out fuh de national team) or Beenhakker (we all know his philosophy with regards to preparation for the WC) as Head Coach?

Are you perhaps suggesting that were Canada to play T&T today, they would more than likely beat T&T because they playin "more consecutive warm up matches"?

Stop, read and understand. I am not suggesting none of the above. I am personally jealous that Canada, a team that is not in the World Cup, doing well/playing more consecutives friendlies than us at present (even though i believe that we will trounce them). This is not an attack on Leo's strategy and preparation.That is just my opinion. I do not have a problem with our World Cup preparations. I know i did not say that in my post. I just wish we could play more games consecutively and get the "big bal"l moving smoothly although i know that it is not realistic to have all our players at once at this present point in time.

Kingman
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 08:43:39 AM by kingman »

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:16:50 AM »
It was a good week for Concacaf. Everyone but Costa Rica won their games away from home. Even Costa Rica didn't do badly since that was their B team for the most part.

I really hope all the Concacaf sides can put in good performances in Germany, it's about time people start to respect the teams coming out from here.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »
Canada not shaprening a team they building. Their approach would be to fileld as many players as possible to get a look at what they have. We cannot afford to be experementing.

We also don't want to peak to early. That is why Czech is so late. Beenie have us scheduled to play better teams every time we hit the field.

Personally I would have like to see more games before our next friendly cause I don't think some of the newer players have had a chance to get a good run. A loss might be counter productive though. Big up to Beenie. I have faith in the man.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »
It was a good week for Concacaf. Everyone but Costa Rica won their games away from home. Even Costa Rica didn't do badly since that was their B team for the most part.

I really hope all the Concacaf sides can put in good performances in Germany, it's about time people start to respect the teams coming out from here.

Oh trust me my friend, they respect us. You saw what USA did to the "great portugal" last world cup? You see how Mexico could run with the likes of Brazil? Trust me my friend, they respect us alright.

Kingman

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:31:47 AM »
Canada not shaprening a team they building. Their approach would be to fileld as many players as possible to get a look at what they have. We cannot afford to be experementing.

We also don't want to peak to early. That is why Czech is so late. Beenie have us scheduled to play better teams every time we hit the field.

Personally I would have like to see more games before our next friendly cause I don't think some of the newer players have had a chance to get a good run. A loss might be counter productive though. Big up to Beenie. I have faith in the man.

I understand and share your sentiments.  :beermug:

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 12:46:13 PM »
Oh trust me my friend, they respect us. You saw what USA did to the "great portugal" last world cup? You see how Mexico could run with the likes of Brazil? Trust me my friend, they respect us alright.

Kingman
Outside of the big two, I don't think people respect the rest of the sides really. I'm hoping both Costa Rica and us can prove a point that we deserve 3.5 places.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 12:54:28 PM »

Kingman
Outside of the big two, I don't think people respect the rest of the sides really. I'm hoping both Costa Rica and us can prove a point that we deserve 3.5 places.

Boss Costa Rica already prove themselves at the WC level since 1990. is we who have to prove we self. If we get hard cuff nuff people will say yuh see dem, meaning CONCACAF eh deserve.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 01:10:03 PM »
Just watching the scores and making old talk.

Early warning signs Look out for Italy. Dem real hit Holland some cuff and now Germany. 7 goals in two games from Italy that is unheard of

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
Just watching the scores and making old talk.

Early warning signs Look out for Italy. Dem real hit Holland some cuff and now Germany. 7 goals in two games from Italy that is unheard of
I read it as more saying Germany have serious problems, they haven't been looking good in any of their recent games. Defense is really suspect.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 02:53:55 PM »
I think both of allyuh right..I mean, big world cup prospect like germany gettin so much?  anyway, si dem we goin an bouce up in teh 2nd rouds, so better fete fuh we (more rum for we)...and as for Italy, all the  6 and ting they want to be rated in the world in fifa rankings, them yankees better look out for mauling.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 02:56:24 PM »
the freindly results between de group b teams just showed that T&T are looking more nad more level with their opposers
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 03:46:08 PM »
D question is not that our startin 11 can't match-up with any top 10 team on our day - because we can ... but rather if one man get injured, we doh have d kinda quality at the back-up (sub) position that the other top world teams do... this is what can hurt us... if we stay healthy GOD Willing, who knows how far we could reach come june.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 03:49:44 PM »
DRED.

watch meh here now.

Dat same team we used last Tuesday will go very far.

as far as seconds and again as far through the second rounds as they push for.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 06:11:52 PM »
.and as for Italy, all the  6 and ting they want to be rated in the world in fifa rankings, them yankees better look out for mauling.
I will be backing the States for that game. As much as I like Italy, its only in our interest for all the Concacaf teams to do well (unless they're playing us  ;D)

1]; } ?>