June 11, 2024, 09:31:53 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea Vs. Barca (from the guardian)  (Read 9015 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Chelsea Vs. Barca (from the guardian)
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »
Pointman, yuh surprise meh dey. I never see a Man U fan back Arsenal or Chelsea. Anyhow, we winnng 3-1 tomorrow and den Mourinho will go and cry like a lil bitch and make some excuses

Is ah EPL thing...doh feel ah like Chelsea at all. >:(

This football thing real serious. We really have a religious attachment to teams, leagues,players etc. I love Barcelona and hate Chelsea even more than Real Madrid. I hate the EPL but want Arsenal to beat Real. I want Liverpool to lose to Benfica.Reasons why I hate EPL:
1. The Ball spends too much time in the air
2. Less emphasis on intelligent attacking tactical setups and more emphasis on Direct attacking.
3. Too many aimless voom kick clearances out of defense.
4. There is an obvious gulf in quality between the top 4-6 teams and the rest.

This is why I hate the EPL. The league is still a good league and I won't for one minute claim that its not a world class league.

I just hate Chelsea. Barcelona is my religion and I believe Chelsea is evil. Good will previal over evil and the Catalans will emerge victorious.

Barca , Barca, Barca !

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
Pointman, yuh surprise meh dey. I never see a Man U fan back Arsenal or Chelsea. Anyhow, we winnng 3-1 tomorrow and den Mourinho will go and cry like a lil bitch and make some excuses

This football thing real serious. We really have a religious attachment to teams, leagues,players etc. I love Barcelona and hate Chelsea even more than Real Madrid. I hate the EPL but want Arsenal to beat Real. I want Liverpool to lose to Benfica.Reasons why I hate EPL:
2. Less emphasis on intelligent attacking tactical setups and more emphasis on Direct attacking.

This is why I hate the EPL. The league is still a good league and I won't for one minute claim that its not a world class league.

I just hate Chelsea. Barcelona is my religion and I believe Chelsea is evil. Good will previal over evil and the Catalans will emerge victorious.

Barca , Barca, Barca !

whatever!!   dat's my comeback. EPL FOREVER. Your reason #4 is the very reason I HATE LaLIGA or laglee or whatever it name. To me, only two teams in dat league worth watching.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2006, 12:02:27 PM »
Relegation contenders Mallorca recently beat Real Madrid 2-1.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »
I just realise that ESPN 2 not bring any champions league games. That is some real shit.

Setanta Sports(ch 615) on Directv showing  it live at 2:30 pm(est), ah jus order it over de phone, is only about ah $12.00 ah month. Yuh could order it and cancel after de game. However, it does show plenty football from Scotland, so yuh might want tuh keep it.  
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 12:17:12 PM »
Your reason #4 is the very reason I HATE LaLIGA or laglee or whatever it name. To me, only two teams in dat league worth watching.

Come now... don't be ridiculous...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 12:29:25 PM »

whatever!!   dat's my comeback. EPL FOREVER. Your reason #4 is the very reason I HATE LaLIGA or laglee or whatever it name. To me, only two teams in dat league worth watching.

padna from yuh last statement, yuh just show how uneducated you are about la liga, and yuh ignorance shining brudda.....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 12:30:46 PM »

Barca , Barca, Barca !

Ever heard of Villareal boss ?? You can catch them in a few hours . Let me mention a few facts since you are not a fan of La Liga.
Villareal beat Barcelona( spanish champions )  last season 3-0 ( the only team to beat the champions by that margin last year ) the return was a draw 3-3. This year they have met once with barca winning 2-0 ...both goals were own goals.
They are unbeaten in europe this season  ( villareal )....and are marshaled by the world's best midfielder ( just my opinion ) Riquelme who was voted most artistic player in spain last year. He also led the league in asists for the second season....and that is hard when fellas like Folan score one in 4 !
The spansh league has the world's number one player junior and senior ....I did not say that......and they both play for the same team.... if you decry the spanish league and pefer the lawn tennis syle of the english then these stats wont matter to you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 01:10:05 PM »
ESPN brining the game taped at 11:30pm tonight.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 01:41:18 PM »

padna from yuh last statement, yuh just show how uneducated you are about la liga, and yuh ignorance shining brudda.....

>:( I don't give a damn about La Liga >:( >:(

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 01:44:02 PM »

Barca , Barca, Barca !

Ever heard of Villareal boss ?? You can catch them in a few hours . Let me mention a few facts since you are not a fan of La Liga.
Villareal beat Barcelona( spanish champions )  last season 3-0 ( the only team to beat the champions by that margin last year ) the return was a draw 3-3. This year they have met once with barca winning 2-0 ...both goals were own goals.
They are unbeaten in europe this season  ( villareal )....and are marshaled by the world's best midfielder ( just my opinion ) Riquelme who was voted most artistic player in spain last year. He also led the league in asists for the second season....and that is hard when fellas like Folan score one in 4 !
The spansh league has the world's number one player junior and senior ....I did not say that......and they both play for the same team.... if you decry the spanish league and pefer the lawn tennis syle of the english then these stats wont matter to you.

Jai thanks for the comments and stats, but I really don't enjoy watching La Liga...that's just me. I'll watch the EPL all day long before La Liga.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 02:04:48 PM »
Study Juve looking like dey bowing out down 1-0 to Werder Bremen down 4-2 on agg.

Rangers up 1-0 up 3-2 on agg. Dog on d bench
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:07:48 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I not seeing the Barca game on the ESPN2 Schedule tomorrow!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 02:15:39 PM »
PPLive is real flickin headache sometimes. Sopcast is de baddest. Quick uploading and decent quality.
anybody have anything (PPLive/sopcast) working, or a live audio link?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 02:19:21 PM »
Live audio is on UEFA.com
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »
Live audio is on UEFA.com

de socre is nil-nil at de half...messi came orf injured....ronnie on ah different planet when it come to skill...barca have de majority of de posession but de final ball killin dem....but iz ah real good game so far.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 02:44:13 PM »
I seeing the match on PPstream ESPN, clear as flickin daylight...

Messi went off with an injury and Larsson came on for him.

Chelsea is defending with all 11 men and have not created anything worthwhile going forward. Barca have the majority of the ball but finding space difficult to come by...

To view the game: Make sure you have PPstream or PPlive downloaded

Go to Asiaplate.com and click on Guandong, Shanghai TV or ESPN and game on...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Champions cup Mar 7-8
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 03:13:09 PM »
Anyone paying attention Junentus just equalized v Bremen, Bremen scored early in 13'. All games are even now: Barca - Chelsea 0-0 , Vil- RGR 1-1

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 03:15:21 PM »

Chelsea is defending with all 11 men and have not created anything worthwhile going forward. Barca have the majority of the ball but finding space difficult to come by...

No luck TS; When I click on the  "play" link, the  player launches, but is only pure Chinese and no video :-)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »

No luck TS; When I click on the  "play" link, the  player launches, but is only pure Chinese and no video :-)

like ah was sayin..... ronnie on ah different planet 1-0 barca

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »

like ah was sayin..... ronnie on ah different planet 1-0 barca
;D ;D

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 03:49:22 PM »
SPOiLER ALERT**** SCORE BELOW***********SPOILER ALERT

Barca deserve to win... Chelski was damn near invisible on the pitch. Lampard who??? Me ent even flickin see him or the wet curl Drogba...

They had no game plan and lacked the necessary class to hurt Barca... Mourinho is great at defensive organistaion and building a cohesive team ethic but all of his teams have lacked the flair necessary to entertain and win games at the same time...

All ah need now is for Newcastle to play above themselves and give dem a FA Cup cutass, and Spurs to poison them on Sat in the EPL and things will get reaaaaaaaaaaaaal interesting...

To download the match: go to FBTZ.com and register (FREE) on the forum and go to full matches. Note: you will need to have a bit torrent to view the match... Laters
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 04:15:43 PM by truthseeker »

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »
Terry was offside on that play also

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 05:53:35 PM »

You know bout football boss

Villareal beat Barcelona( spanish champions )  last season 3-0 ( the only team to beat the champions by that margin last year ) the return was a draw 3-3. This year they have met once with barca winning 2-0 ...both goals were own goals.
They are unbeaten in europe this season  ( villareal )....and are marshaled by the world's best midfielder ( just my opinion ) Riquelme who was voted most artistic player in spain last year. He also led the league in asists for the second season....and that is hard when fellas like Folan score one in 4 !

Amen breddarman!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:55:55 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
SPOiLER ALERT**** SCORE BELOW***********SPOILER ALERT

Barca deserve to win... Chelski was damn near invisible on the pitch. Lampard who??? Me ent even flickin see him or the wet curl Drogba...

They had no game plan and lacked the necessary class to hurt Barca... Mourinho is great at defensive organistaion and building a cohesive team ethic but all of his teams have lacked the flair necessary to entertain and win games at the same time...

All ah need now is for Newcastle to play above themselves and give dem a FA Cup cutass, and Spurs to poison them on Sat in the EPL and things will get reaaaaaaaaaaaaal interesting...

To download the match: go to FBTZ.com and register (FREE) on the forum and go to full matches. Note: you will need to have a bit torrent to view the match... Laters

yeah de only time I remember seein Lampard on de pitch is when he take de penalty and by then de game was over....ah waitin to hear from men like FATZ and dem who say Lampard was better dan Ronnie :applause:  :applause: :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »

That is not an accurate description of the EPL....at least not anymore. The EPL is quite competitive, entertaining and the football has become alot more attractive since the greater influx of internationals. I watch both the EPL and the Spanish league every weekend, and the continuing argument over which one is better is useless.........

First off the football press in the English speaking world is dominated by Brits....and thus EPL players will more than likely be household names, than players in other leagues (unless you're huge).....hence the reason we are more familiar with mid-table teams in England than we are with mid-table teams in Spain....it is also human tendency to be more entertained by or affiliated with things and people you can identify with.......and because of the dominating football press, it is way easier to identify with say Charlton or Fulham, than with Espanyol or Athletic Bilbao......the majority of us are not in the position to comment on the relative quality of the two.........the majority on this board can't name 7 players from a la liga team other than BARCA, REAL, VALENCIA, DEPO OR VILLAREAL, without researching, but will be quick to talk about how the quality of the league and it's teams........Our preferences are all a matter of taste, based on exposure.....not necessarily quality.

Someone argued on a previous thread that Madrid would not be 2nd in the EPL.....You can counter that and say that Chelsea would not be 1st in La Liga....In my opinion, it comes down to style of play and different matchups. Teams adapt to different conditions and varying opposition.......Any differences in absolute quality between the two leagues is very marginal in my opinion....they are both premier world leagues with world class players, coaches, staff, facilities and passionate fans.......and our tastes are merely based on which team we like, which players we identify with and what style football entertains us most........

GO MADRID  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:22:01 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 07:14:35 PM »
i agree with everything u say xcept d go madrid ;D i am a barca  fan i want arsenal to win so hopefully we will get them and drop bout 4 in deh tail ah fed up beating madrid
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 08:41:32 PM »

A small comp of the game today....
Barca victory
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 06:32:35 AM by skins »

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006, 06:33:17 AM »
skins aka video clips   THANKS
wha Mourinho doin day   you read de NEW rules  :devil:
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=12325.msg118386#msg118386

Thanks there....... I remove it myself before it was too late  ;D

1]; } ?>