June 15, 2024, 05:05:05 PM

Author Topic: US v Jamaica sells out in 90 min  (Read 9208 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US v Jamaica sells out in 90 min
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
Nah Point Man Yuh have tuh support yuh fellow caribbean peeps

He say he does normally support them, buh he still doh find dey so hot right now.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

MickeyRat

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 04:24:38 PM »

He say he does normally support them, buh he still doh find dey so hot right now.

The point is, Jamaica is playing football and we are not.....

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2006, 04:28:55 PM »
I think this game would end in a draw...0:0 or 1:1, if it's the latter, JA scoring first. So by the time we play our next friendly..USA would have already played 8 or 9 games? wow!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006, 04:30:14 PM »
yeah but played 8 or 9 games wit mainly players who eh goin the world cup...but still good for the development of fringe players tho
Back in Trini...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »

The point is, Jamaica is playing football and we are not.....

And?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »
yeah but played 8 or 9 games wit mainly players who eh goin the world cup...but still good for the development of fringe players tho
A few of them fringe player would not be around for the next worldcup
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinidadam

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »
i don't usually back d yanks but ah feel some cutarse maybe comming j.a.'s way, sorry ta say, they doh really have they **it together right now and well the u.s. been kickin' some ball of recently. if j.a. happen to pull off something special it will be a nice lil kick start to their early wcq preparation but, it ent happenin'.
3-0 yanks (hard luck) :beermug:

takin ah ride on d wagon  ;)

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 07:11:17 PM »
d game should end up ah tie
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 09:46:52 PM »
I don't want to see either of these teams win another football match in life so I guess I'm hoping for a draw too

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2006, 08:01:13 AM »
I am backing Jamaica and Germany to beat the USA.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 08:08:33 AM »
USA beating Germany benefits CONCACAF, and thus T&T, more than Germany beating USA.

If you're a fan of German football, I understand supporting them.

But if you prefer to see Germany beat USA simply because you do not like the USA, then it might help if you look at the big Picture and understand how the good performance of fellow CONCACAF teams benefits us, T&T, in the long run.

I eh lookin for no flack, just my humble opinion.  ;)
Toujour Pret!

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2006, 08:09:23 AM »
FYI, that stadium can only accomadate 10,000 people ... 7,000 seated and 3,000 standing ... not a lot of tickets to sell for a game like that.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2006, 08:28:34 AM »
USA beating Germany benefits CONCACAF, and thus T&T, more than Germany beating USA.

But if you prefer to see Germany beat USA simply because you do not like the USA, then it might help if you look at the big Picture and understand how the good performance of fellow CONCACAF teams benefits us, T&T, in the long run.

I understand your points, but i have been supporting German football since i could kick a football so i have to go with them.

I have also lived in Germany, but i will not support them if they are playing T&T in de second rounds.

USA is ah good side but they ain't nuttin special.

Right now dey getting very confident and i want dem to get a cutarse to bring dem back down to earth.

If they beat Germany it will benefit CONCACAF but not T&T, because they will be even more confident when dey play us in the future.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 08:29:16 AM »

Full agreement!

I think based on current form it will be 1-0 or 2-1 to USA vs JA.

Come World Cup I would like to see both the Germans as host & the USA as CONCACAF representatives to advance from their group to the 2nd round. I would also like to see the other 3 World Cup CONCACAF teams which are us T&T, Mexico & Costa Rica advance from their respective groups as well.
As I am living in England that means ideally I would like to see both T&T & England advance from Group B.

The only time I want to see a CONCACAF team lose is when they play us T&T otherwise I am backing them 100% in their World Cup games. If all CONCACAF teams do well and a couple of us get to the quarters, semis, or final that will mean we will have a strong case for 4 spots & should at least retain our 3 1/2 spots that helped to get T&T thru to our 1st ever World Cup appearance!  :chilling:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:33:06 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006, 08:34:04 AM »
I hate the US...but rationally speaking Jamaica in for some level cut ass...and I'm positive they could run with Germany too....

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 08:38:30 AM »

I understand your points, but i have been supporting German football since i could kick a football so i have to go with them.

I have also lived in Germany, but i will not support them if they are playing T&T in de second rounds.

USA is ah good side but they ain't nuttin special.

Right now dey getting very confident and i want dem to get a cutarse to bring dem back down to earth.

If they beat Germany it will benefit CONCACAF but not T&T, because they will be even more confident when dey play us in the future.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

CONCACAF get 3 1/2 spots. Some say that 1/2 spot was Jack's doing. Trini was the beneficiary of that 1/2 spot this time around.

But in order to justify and keep all 3 1/2 spots, CONCACAF, as a whole, has to demonstrate that it is a force to be reckoned with. A USA victory over good opposition does that. And as they climb in rankings, it only sets the stage for T&T to benefit more when we eventually can beat them. It credits us more to beat a 6th ranked USA than a 12th ranked USA. That is why I say USA beating Germany benefits CONCACAF, and thus, T&T.

But I understand your reason for supporting Germany. ( I lived in Germany too - was there when they won in 90).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:40:13 AM by slates »
Toujour Pret!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 10:50:54 AM »
Jamaica in for a sound beating.
Still backing them though.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 04:57:15 PM »
I predict a 2:1 win for the USA as Jamaica always puts up a good fight versus the states. That said, I'm hoping they prove me wrong and upset, will always support my caribbean brothers before anyone else.

1]; } ?>