June 05, 2024, 12:41:50 PM

Author Topic: Who woulda thought that T&T would be the only.......  (Read 3959 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who woulda thought that T&T would be the only.......
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:11:41 PM »
1. CONCACAF team to not concede a goal in the first "round" of matches........

2. CONCACAF team to get a result against European opposition in the first "round" of matches.......

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who woulda thought that T&T would be the only.......
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »
nice  :beermug:

add to that we are the only World Cup debutants to get a result so far

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
what de warriors accomplish that no other concacaf did.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:14:49 PM »
we didn't concede any goals.this in itself is amazing seein de other concacaf teams conceded a total of 8 goals from their first 3 games.so we're second in de list with 1 point.arena what yuh sayin.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »
yeah ah rel proud ah de boyz buh like alya men gehin to overconfident

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »
yeah ah rel proud ah de boyz buh like alya men gehin to overconfident

no one gettin' over-confident....after all it's just one game.....

......just sayin' "who woulda thought ?"......I for sure wouldn't have thought it.....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The warriors have a long way to go.....
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:21:40 PM »
Despite all the euphoria...at some point we have to realize that we still have a long road to travel and a 0-0 draw against Sweden will be long forgotten if we don't build on it. It is a great result given the expectations and the circumstances.

We should definitely be excited. But all the hype gettin' a lil' too much. After all, we still have 2 tough opponents to play and they will now take us extremely seriously. We still need to do the business...the world cup is not just 1 game. Doh get caught up in all the nice things people saying, cause many of them cannot wait to disrespect us if we fall at the next hurdle.

The vibes nice...we must celebrate every game this WC like each one is a final. That is the joy of being a small nation at the big dance. But we eh reach yet..we talking bout we reach and we are a big side...not yet my fellow Warriors...still 2 big games to go. We will only make history depending on how we navigate those waters.....Keep the faith..but remain humble and we can do anything...

God bless T&T

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The warriors have a long way to go.....
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »
I totally agree with you. Yes it was good rather excellent. Now those other teams will paly us hard and I know that Leo would know this and work on the boys to expect this. Somehow I feel he already know that.  :angel:

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 04:09:45 PM »

2. CONCACAF team to get a result against European opposition in the first "round" of matches.......

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

What stupidness are you talking about?  USA earned 3 points in their first game!  Oh wait.... they conceded 3 goals!!  :rotfl:
Go Arena! Beenhakker!
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The warriors have a long way to go.....
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »
Despite all the euphoria...at some point we have to realize that we still have a long road to travel and a 0-0 draw against Sweden will be long forgotten if we don't build on it. It is a great result given the expectations and the circumstances.

We should definitely be excited. But all the hype gettin' a lil' too much. After all, we still have 2 tough opponents to play and they will now take us extremely seriously. We still need to do the business...the world cup is not just 1 game. Doh get caught up in all the nice things people saying, cause many of them cannot wait to disrespect us if we fall at the next hurdle.

The vibes nice...we must celebrate every game this WC like each one is a final. That is the joy of being a small nation at the big dance. But we eh reach yet..we talking bout we reach and we are a big side...not yet my fellow Warriors...still 2 big games to go. We will only make history depending on how we navigate those waters.....Keep the faith..but remain humble and we can do anything...

God bless T&T

I agree, but I dont know who in der right mind genuinely think we a big side, or we reach world level!!?   ???  The way I see it is, enjoy every moment of it, because it doesnt happen to countries like ours that often. Be realistic, but win loose or draw, we had our fun. Chat de ole talk about winning the world cup as much as you like. Why?? because all football fans dream and hope. It what makes this sport special. You could loose today, but by tonight you looking forward to de next match. Dats why football is so addictive.
So have as much fun as yuh want TnT, we deserve this lil 15 min of fame. Hopefully it will get even better.

Onward to Nuremberg and bring on England!  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 04:28:33 PM »
Yeah the mere fact that we celebrate this match so much is testament that we know we're not a big side.....A big side would not celebrate a 0-0 draw with Sweden.

We just takin' every positive that there is, and baskin' in it for as long as we could.....

where we got carried away is on the US-Italy thread....that was a lil arrogant and bitter.....

anyway, onto the next game......
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:31:44 PM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »
Yeah the mere fact that we celebrate this match so much is testament that we know we're not a big side.....A big side would not celebrate a 0-0 draw with Sweden.

We just takin' every positive that there is, and baskin' in it for as long as we could.....

where we got carried away is on the US-Italy thread....that was a lil arrogant and bitter.....

anyway, onto the next game......

good reality check !

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »
Aye guys  i was at  work today and they call a meeting for all de employees (500) it was about de storm coming to jacksonville and before it ended the Mangaing director call my name and said "edmund i would  like to congratulate the soca warriors from Trinidad and tobago on their tie with  sweden they showed alot of heart and they showed a true example of unity" .Man i was proud as hell ;D

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 05:41:51 PM »
Aye guys  i was at  work today and they call a meeting for all de employees (500) it was about de storm coming to jacksonville and before it ended the Mangaing director call my name and said "edmund i would  like to congratulate the soca warriors from Trinidad and tobago on their tie with  sweden they showed alot of heart and they showed a true example of unity" .Man i was proud as hell ;D

In my town police towed a car away for illegal parking..they settled for a soca warriors jersey as an end to the matter !

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 09:32:23 PM »
Aye guys  i was at  work today and they call a meeting for all de employees (500) it was about de storm coming to jacksonville and before it ended the Mangaing director call my name and said "edmund i would  like to congratulate the soca warriors from Trinidad and tobago on their tie with  sweden they showed alot of heart and they showed a true example of unity" .Man i was proud as hell ;D

You should be worried cause come Thursday when you try to duck work your boss know what going!
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 10:15:30 PM »

3. First team CONCACAF or otherwise to get a man sent off.

Més que un club.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 10:51:14 PM »

3. First team CONCACAF or otherwise to get a man sent off.

people being positive u come with #3...

3. We drew our first WC game in Europe while the USA are 0-8 in WC play in Europe.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 10:53:25 PM by real madness »

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 05:05:54 AM »
well done boys

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 07:02:38 AM »
And after the first rounds done we wil be the ONLY team  in the entire history of the World Cup to never have lost a World Cup game !!!

Even Brazil cah say that...lol
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 07:19:46 AM »
AHHAHA BESS!!

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 07:56:21 AM »
i did, i know anything is possible once we play with heart

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 08:06:45 AM »
i did, i know anything is possible once we play with heart

And we all know we boys have the heart of a pride of lions. So England and they 3 lil kittens will have to back in a corner cuz de alpha male of the pride just roared and showed his dominance.

1]; } ?>