June 17, 2024, 11:32:07 AM

Author Topic: 'Bend It Like Bishnu'  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'Bend It Like Bishnu'
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
This is a POSITIVE thread for the encoragement of our East Indian community to introduce their kids to playing in the football field.  We all should not look the other way and initially think of this as another race clash, but understand and look at the bright future if we had 100% representation of trini's playing the beautiful game. We only promoting positivity and encouragement to have the entire nation playing football after our first journey to the world cup.  I'm an afro trini and its sad to see the great football indian friends i grow up with discourage to play football because of their fathers only introducing them to cricket and also the blatant stereotypes that they cant play football.  This is 2006, so when the players come back from the WC and while the football fever is still high ill like to the see the encouragement of the enitre nation to come together, equal as one and prepare the best of TnT for 2010 South Africa.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: 'Bend It Like Bishnu'
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 07:22:32 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

binshu ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 07:58:19 PM »
True I .

But when the Indian national football team move up  on FIFA rankings from 117. It might take a while to get a good indian footballer selected..

Interesting enough they launch ther 2010 and 2014 qualifying campaign already.

http://www.the-aiff.com
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:59:52 PM by Rymizx »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »
well ah hope that happen soon, cause dem chinee and korean making mass on dey field already...

allyuh hurrry up  :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »
ah love this thread..ahahah trinis allyuh is de greatest :beermug: :beermug: dais for meh boy bish..who undsicoveerd in debe..or wait even sanjuan
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>