June 04, 2024, 12:52:24 PM

Author Topic: France should start Saha with Henry  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
France should start Saha with Henry
« on: July 03, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
At the end of the club season, Saha was playing well with Man U. when he came on vs Brazil, he look sharp. but now that game has gone into such a defensive style of soccer, its a shame to see players, especially good strikers that can make the game exciting, are sitting on the bench.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: France should start Saha with Henry
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »
no i think trezeguet should get the playing time. trezeguet next to henry is more of a dangerous combo than henry and saha. doh get me wrong saha is a good player,  but i think trezeguet deserves better.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:51:05 PM »
Henry is most effective when playing as a lone striker
and it also gives a good rythm to the French attack when playing the 4-5-1
2 strrikers up front for France and they bound to lose...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »
i cannot believe what I hearing here. France was trying two strikers all along and playing ordinary. They move to  a single forward up front and starting to look like potential world champs. The are getting used to the system, developing great chemistry and most importantly, winning...and winning with style no less. And some people want to disturb that and mess up the balance of the team so they could see a player they like off the bench. France may well change their tactics to suit the opposition..but if it ain't broke....

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »
ok coach cool henry and saha start up front cool but who gives way 4 him ...... maka, veira or zidane well guess u now see y they start with a 4-5-1 formation . if u controll the midfield u control the game. buts its interesting the amount of teams that used the 4-5-1 formation
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 08:54:23 PM »
ok coach cool henry and saha start up front cool but who gives way 4 him ...... maka, veira or zidane well guess u now see y they start with a 4-5-1 formation . if u controll the midfield u control the game. buts its interesting the amount of teams that used the 4-5-1 formation

including T&T

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »
i think saha might be a good idea as he can come back into the midfield and hold up the ball or go forward...spread some passes etc...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »
Saha with Henry? No way fadda! If another striker have to play, is David Trezeguet (see Togo game). Right now the problem with starting two stikers is the loss of a midfielder. France cyar afford to do that except if they chasing the game. However, Malouda is a weak link, Dhorasso should start in front of he
Ketch footballitis

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 09:45:57 PM »
i think saha might be a good idea as he can come back into the midfield and hold up the ball or go forward...spread some passes etc...

Yes, you understand this game, also he is a player that is in form, remember Ruud had lost his starting position to Saha coming to the end of the Premier season.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 07:14:39 AM »
i cannot believe what I hearing here. France was trying two strikers all along and playing ordinary. They move to  a single forward up front and starting to look like potential world champs. The are getting used to the system, developing great chemistry and most importantly, winning...and winning with style no less. And some people want to disturb that and mess up the balance of the team so they could see a player they like off the bench. France may well change their tactics to suit the opposition..but if it ain't broke....

;D Ent!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 09:32:42 AM »
Saha with Henry? No way fadda! If another striker have to play, is David Trezeguet (see Togo game). Right now the problem with starting two stikers is the loss of a midfielder. France cyar afford to do that except if they chasing the game. However, Malouda is a weak link, Dhorasso should start in front of he

I agree malouda is the weak link, but i dont care i want them to lose i want portugal to win it all, cause my team gone home i want everyone to cry too.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 09:54:18 AM »
But Henry like to drift off down the left..if he a lone striker its gonna be kidna empty in there..for arsenal he play with someone there..like v.persie or adebayor..and how many goal does he get for arsenal ??? ??? alot .

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 12:22:32 PM »

Yes, you understand this game, also he is a player that is in form, remember Ruud had lost his starting position to Saha coming to the end of the Premier season.

right....coach...the simplest rule in football. you do not change a winning team. Only way Saha playing is if France seriously needs to change tactics to suit the opponent. Saha could definitely provide some extra skill and speed up front. He is a great player and very versatile. But France is playing well and they are at the semi final stage of the WC...the time for experimentation is probably past. Domenech will probably not risk upsetting the chemistry and balance of  a squad that is growing from strength to strength. That is not to say that France would not be stronger with Saha in the lineup...the issue is whether you would take that risk at this point. It would have been better to try it in the group stages...instead, they brought back Trezeguet against Togo...who knows.. Saha may yet get his chance to prove his worth. Peace

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 12:37:08 PM »
But Henry like to drift off down the left..if he a lone striker its gonna be kidna empty in there..for arsenal he play with someone there..like v.persie or adebayor..and how many goal does he get for arsenal ??? ??? alot .
bredda
i can see u dont know too much baout football
u talking bout empty space ?
daz when Viera,Ribery,Zidane come into play!
is V.Persie a striker? no
is Adeybayour a striker ? no

Is Saha a striker? Yes
Does Henry cope good alongside strikers? no
When last you see Arsenal play wit two men upfront??

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

right....coach...the simplest rule in football. you do not change a winning team. Only way Saha playing is if France seriously needs to change tactics to suit the opponent. Saha could definitely provide some extra skill and speed up front. He is a great player and very versatile. But France is playing well and they are at the semi final stage of the WC...the time for experimentation is probably past. Domenech will probably not risk upsetting the chemistry and balance of  a squad that is growing from strength to strength. That is not to say that France would not be stronger with Saha in the lineup...the issue is whether you would take that risk at this point. It would have been better to try it in the group stages...instead, they brought back Trezeguet against Togo...who knows.. Saha may yet get his chance to prove his worth. Peace

Saha has also got ruuds place because of a bit of a fall out between ruud and sir alex..but he deserved the spot

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 04:07:29 PM »
Right now.....Saha is #4 on de France Striker depth chart behind

Henry
Trezeguet
Wilturd

But be that as it may.....you play players according to the situation.   Which is why against Brazil Trezeguet stayed on the bench and de Turd and then Saha came on.

But hey....nothing wrong with statin yuh opinion.  It might happen.  I doubt it, but yuh never know.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 03:15:16 PM »
Well after today he eh goh be making any more appearences for France this world cup.
He got his second yellow so he misses the final, then de locho gave way the ball twice that started two Protugese counter attacks...
In short, he real purge today!

well yes

1]; } ?>