May 23, 2024, 07:50:51 AM

Author Topic: Japan friendly set for August.  (Read 6019 times)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Japan friendly set for August.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 08:34:51 AM »
i think this game going to be:

japan B vs. T & T B

too close to the start of the euro seasons.

Andre that is correct, I feel the same way........It will give both countries the oppurtunity to groom their youngers players. This is a positive for both teams. The Peru example while understandable is not comparable to this situation as WE  was preparing for WORLD CUP, which is why we were disapponited. This is not the same situation.....I hope i COULD view this game !! :beermug:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 08:50:12 AM »

I would HOPE the likes of Shaka, Dog, Spann (hopefully he fully recovered and they know him already in Japan), Avery, Whitley, Cyd, Yorke, can make the trip.  You can then throw in man like Sealey, Josh Johnson (if he eh get sign), Rahim, Nigel Henry etc to de mix.
Hard luck I didn't read that one properly.
But I don't think Dog will be there.

Shaka, Sealey and Avery in MLS
Wednesday, August 9
New England Revolution   vs. Kansas City Wizards
Houston Dynamo   vs. Los Angeles Galaxy
Avery now getting some playing time after serious bench so I don't think he should come.
Shaka can't just leave if he start with them by then.
Maybe Sealy would come..but no certainty.

Yorke in Sydney which infinitely closer to Japan dan anywhere we other players playin
Sun 6, 5:00 PM   Perth Glory FC (Pre-Season)
Sun 27, 5:00 PM   Central Coast Mariners FC (opening game)
I guess he might make it if they don't have other games.

Spann eh hook up wit nobody yet
Pending trials etc.  If nothing happening then it would be good for him

Henry in Belgium, Norway or Sweden or one a dem places so and dem season done start long time.
Others are local based like Wolfe & Atiba Charles
ok

And YES.  Wise should be in that mix too.  Why?  You think he shouldn't?
If the coach see him in the plans then take him. (pending MLS trials)

Spann, Whitley, Wolfe, Atiba, Henry, Cyd Gray, Rahim, J Johnson, Wise
If they get Dwight they lucky and that would be enough for their marketing.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 07:39:19 PM »
Osim to take Japan post next week
(CNN)

Friday, July 14, 2006 Posted: 1326 GMT (2126 HKT)

Osim will replace Zico, who stepped down after the World Cup.TOKYO, Japan -- Former Yugoslavia soccer coach Ivica Osim will be appointed as Japan's national coach on July 21, according to the Kyodo news agency.

The 65-year-old, who currently coaches J-League club JEF United Chiba, had been widely tipped for the national position after Zico's decision to step down.

The Brazilian decided to leave after Japan's disappointing performance at the World Cup.

"Today, we decided the signing will be on July 21," Japan Football Association President Saburo Kawabuchi told Kyodo.

Japan are scheduled to play their first match under Osim on August 9, against Trinidad & Tobago at National Stadium in Tokyo.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
Palos how u mean, T&T have to think about we self........We have to start building for the future. 80% of the Japanese sqaud does play outside Japan.............So there big guns aint gonna be there either. Why would I bring men who gonna be retiring in less than 1  year, you have to make hard decisions not be sentimental..........

Trust me the we eh go recognize too much of the Japaneese squad either !!

jsut my shilling

i read an article that japan had only 6 of their world cup squad playing outside of japan and they wouldn't be expected to attend the friendly. they also have a cup final between two japanese teams that will absorb some more players. probably half of their germany squad could play.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »
Okay 80% was a stretch, but they still aint gonna have there A japanese team

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 09:10:26 PM »
Okay 80% was a stretch, but they still aint gonna have there A japanese team

They have their Asian cup starting up against Yemen about a week later - the 16th I think

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2006, 12:45:13 PM »
Osim to take Japan post next week
(CNN)

Friday, July 14, 2006 Posted: 1326 GMT (2126 HKT)

Osim will replace Zico, who stepped down after the World Cup.TOKYO, Japan -- Former Yugoslavia soccer coach Ivica Osim will be appointed as Japan's national coach on July 21, according to the Kyodo news agency.

The 65-year-old, who currently coaches J-League club JEF United Chiba, had been widely tipped for the national position after Zico's decision to step down.

The Brazilian decided to leave after Japan's disappointing performance at the World Cup.

"Today, we decided the signing will be on July 21," Japan Football Association President Saburo Kawabuchi told Kyodo.

Japan are scheduled to play their first match under Osim on August 9, against Trinidad & Tobago at National Stadium in Tokyo.

I think we need to organise a Warrior Nation Get Together & Viewing for this game T&T vs Japan on Wednesday 9th August for the London based Soca Warriors Supporters. So we need to get the exact details of game time and coverage from Japan so we could organise a viewing!

Can anyone help with more details?!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:54:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>