June 04, 2024, 04:19:07 AM

Author Topic: It has served us well, this myth of Christ....let's discuss  (Read 14506 times)

truetrini

Re: It has served us well, this myth of Christ....let's discuss
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 04:57:03 AM »
So Bakes what is nonsense about my post saying that Constantine ordere a Council of Bishops to determine what Books deserved to be Gospel and what was not to be?  And what is nonsense about my post claiming that he called a council to settle the divinity of Jesus?

steups carry way yuh bamsee nah.

Like de time yuh was "Soaking" in de sun had a deletrious effect on yuh brain ir wha?

And yuh making some seriously blasphemous claims that jesus asn't God when he was walking de earth as a man.

Way fella yuh lorse yuh facking mind or what/

and why are my comments on religion counter productive?

a man ask ah question on de forum and I answered.

Like you is Jesus or God or whatever yuh claim  he is or what?  Yuh know what is in my heart and yuh know my thoughts?

hahaha yuh argument that he was man and not God while he walked the earth is revolutionary thinking for a Christian and I challenge you tuh provide proof that supports yuh argument!

I thought yuh God was all powerful and all knowing and with Him all things..like in ALL things were possible.

I guess according to your logic that too is ah lie?

steups i sorry yuh eh teaching theology or Sunday school to people chirren.  Then plenty woulda see from early what ah bullshit theory this whole christian ting is.

Thanks

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 06:01:10 AM »
Let me put things in perspective ...

In the wee hours of the morning, man carrying on about Jesus, Nagin, Religion and the finer points of debate ....

And what was I doing?

In a warm toasty bed, snuggled up to the woman I love while outside, snow flakes gently drifted to the ground, covering it with the beauty that goes straight to the heart.  Sigh.

Life is Good   :beermug:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:05:53 AM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 06:20:08 AM »
and I playing "Night Watchman"
steuuuuuuups
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:00:39 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »
So Bakes what is nonsense about my post saying that Constantine ordere a Council of Bishops to determine what Books deserved to be Gospel and what was not to be?  And what is nonsense about my post claiming that he called a council to settle the divinity of Jesus?

What's nonsensical about it is that Constantine made no such order as to the determination of the books of the Bible...yes he convened the Council of Nicea with the purpose of settling the question of Christ's divinity which threatened a schism in his new empire.  To say that he "ordered" them to settle the dispute is to attribute some undue pressure to arrive at a consensus than history actually suggests.

Like de time yuh was "Soaking" in de sun had a deletrious effect on yuh brain ir wha?

Leh we doh even go there....seeing that you can't even get the spelling of "deletrious" right.

And yuh making some seriously blasphemous claims that jesus asn't God when he was walking de earth as a man.

Lol...imagine an avowed atheist telling me about blasphemous statements.  Anyways, show me anywhere in Christian theology that says that Christ was a God and not a man as he walked the earth.  Unless yuh claiming that it's possible to be both God and man, mortal and immortal at the same time.

For the same reason you agree that West Coast's comments are counter-productive...before the question is asked you dun make up yuh mind about yuh answer, yuh tune doh change and to top it off yuh coming with some silly-ass Mickey Mouse arguments.

Like you is Jesus or God or whatever yuh claim  he is or what?  Yuh know what is in my heart and yuh know my thoughts?

yeah well...I ask de question and di'n really need your answer, already knew what your answer was going to be.  And true tuh form yuh didn't dissapoint, as indicated by yuh opening statement that the thread was shit.  Since is shit who forcing yuh tuh engage in it?  Is shit yuh like so or what?

hahaha yuh argument that he was man and not God while he walked the earth is revolutionary thinking for a Christian and I challenge you tuh provide proof that supports yuh argument!

I provided all de proof in my original response...there's absolutely nothing revolutionary about my statements.  Try going tuh church sometimes yuh might actually learn something about what yuh talking about.  Forget church in fact...read de Bible, all references to him are that he was a man, none say he was a God...as YOU yuhself say.  So what de ass proof yuh asking for again? lol.  Yuh ent see you on some bad weed.  You come big and bold saying Christ was not no god...I say Christ was a man while on earth not no God.  You come asking me to prove my statements.  Whey kinda proof yuh want really?  That de bible say he became a "God" after he stop walking de earth or that he was ah man while on earth?

Madness

I thought yuh God was all powerful and all knowing and with Him all things..like in ALL things were possible.

Of course all things are possible...including the ability to transform himself into a man and back to God after death.  Where's the lie?  If the concepts too grand fuh yuh understanding then simply excuse yuhself nah man...slink off silently tuh de side or something.

steups i sorry yuh eh teaching theology or Sunday school to people chirren.  Then plenty woulda see from early what ah bullshit theory this whole christian ting is.

Thanks

You eh making no kinda sense and yuh intractable with yuh irrationality...juss now yuh getting relegated over in de corner.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 11:21:48 AM »

In the wee hours of the morning, man carrying on about Jesus, Nagin, Religion and the finer points of debate ....

And what was I doing?

In a warm toasty bed, snuggled up to the woman I love while outside, snow flakes gently drifted to the ground, covering it with the beauty that goes straight to the heart.  Sigh.

Hell of a ting eh...when ah man get he back rub after a long period of frustration he does come de next day glowing in the cheeks and spouting haiku  ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 11:26:36 AM »
Hell of a ting eh...when ah man get he back rub after a long period of frustration he does come de next day glowing in the cheeks and spouting haiku  ;)
after 22 chirren he mus be have a 34 volume compendium den :rotfl: :devil: :angel: :-[
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »

And what was I doing?

tell me about it .. . 86,400 seconds is a long time oui.

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »

What's nonsensical about it is that Constantine made no such order as to the determination of the books of the Bible...yes he convened the Council of Nicea with the purpose of settling the question of Christ's divinity which threatened a schism in his new empire.  To say that he "ordered" them to settle the dispute is to attribute some undue pressure to arrive at a consensus than history actually suggests.

Leh we doh even go there....seeing that you can't even get the spelling of "deletrious" right.

Lol...imagine an avowed atheist telling me about blasphemous statements.  Anyways, show me anywhere in Christian theology that says that Christ was a God and not a man as he walked the earth.  Unless yuh claiming that it's possible to be both God and man, mortal and immortal at the same time.

For the same reason you agree that West Coast's comments are counter-productive...before the question is asked you dun make up yuh mind about yuh answer, yuh tune doh change and to top it off yuh coming with some silly-ass Mickey Mouse arguments.

yeah well...I ask de question and di'n really need your answer, already knew what your answer was going to be.  And true tuh form yuh didn't dissapoint, as indicated by yuh opening statement that the thread was shit.  Since is shit who forcing yuh tuh engage in it?  Is shit yuh like so or what?

I provided all de proof in my original response...there's absolutely nothing revolutionary about my statements.  Try going tuh church sometimes yuh might actually learn something about what yuh talking about.  Forget church in fact...read de Bible, all references to him are that he was a man, none say he was a God...as YOU yuhself say.  So what de ass proof yuh asking for again? lol.  Yuh ent see you on some bad weed.  You come big and bold saying Christ was not no god...I say Christ was a man while on earth not no God.  You come asking me to prove my statements.  Whey kinda proof yuh want really?  That de bible say he became a "God" after he stop walking de earth or that he was ah man while on earth?

Madness

Of course all things are possible...including the ability to transform himself into a man and back to God after death.  Where's the lie?  If the concepts too grand fuh yuh understanding then simply excuse yuhself nah man...slink off silently tuh de side or something.

Thanks

You eh making no kinda sense and yuh intractable with yuh irrationality...juss now yuh getting relegated over in de corner.

I prefer yuh spank me rather than put me in de corner...;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

lmao....nah, I good.  However ah know of one Ronaldinho fan that might be willing tuh take yuh up on yuh offer  :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »

lmao....nah, I good.  However ah know of one Ronaldinho fan that might be willing tuh take yuh up on yuh offer  :rotfl:

lol

easy fella, yuh draw meh into this discussion, I did avoid it bad, bad , bad..like ah case ah herpes, but it was too compelling when ah see bredas looking fuh clarification and allyuh confucing de man with fables.

dais all.

I go stay away from religious arguments on this board.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
smart man. like he anticipate hitchens and dawkins in that last paragraph  ;)
==

Childish superstition: Einstein's letter makes view of religion relatively clear

Scientist's reply to sell for up to £8,000, and stoke debate over his beliefs

James Randerson, science correspondent, Guardian

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." So said Albert Einstein, and his famous aphorism has been the source of endless debate between believers and non-believers wanting to claim the greatest scientist of the 20th century as their own.

A little known letter written by him, however, may help to settle the argument - or at least provoke further controversy about his views.

Due to be auctioned this week in London after being in a private collection for more than 50 years, the document leaves no doubt that the theoretical physicist was no supporter of religious beliefs, which he regarded as "childish superstitions".

Einstein penned the letter on January 3 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt. The letter went on public sale a year later and has remained in private hands ever since.

In the letter, he states: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

Einstein, who was Jewish and who declined an offer to be the state of Israel's second president, also rejected the idea that the Jews are God's favoured people.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

The letter will go on sale at Bloomsbury Auctions in Mayfair on Thursday and is expected to fetch up to £8,000. The handwritten piece, in German, is not listed in the source material of the most authoritative academic text on the subject, Max Jammer's book Einstein and Religion.

One of the country's leading experts on the scientist, John Brooke of Oxford University, admitted he had not heard of it.

Einstein is best known for his theories of relativity and for the famous E=mc2 equation that describes the equivalence of mass and energy, but his thoughts on religion have long attracted conjecture.

His parents were not religious but he attended a Catholic primary school and at the same time received private tuition in Judaism. This prompted what he later called, his "religious paradise of youth", during which he observed religious rules such as not eating pork. This did not last long though and by 12 he was questioning the truth of many biblical stories.

"The consequence was a positively fanatic [orgy of] freethinking coupled with the impression that youth is being deceived by the state through lies; it was a crushing impression," he later wrote.

In his later years he referred to a "cosmic religious feeling" that permeated and sustained his scientific work. In 1954, a year before his death, he spoke of wishing to "experience the universe as a single cosmic whole". He was also fond of using religious flourishes, in 1926 declaring that "He [God] does not throw dice" when referring to randomness thrown up by quantum theory.

His position on God has been widely misrepresented by people on both sides of the atheism/religion divide but he always resisted easy stereotyping on the subject.

"Like other great scientists he does not fit the boxes in which popular polemicists like to pigeonhole him," said Brooke. "It is clear for example that he had respect for the religious values enshrined within Judaic and Christian traditions ... but what he understood by religion was something far more subtle than what is usually meant by the word in popular discussion."

Despite his categorical rejection of conventional religion, Brooke said that Einstein became angry when his views were appropriated by evangelists for atheism. He was offended by their lack of humility and once wrote. "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
smart man. like he anticipate hitchens and dawkins in that last paragraph  ;)
==

In his later years he referred to a "cosmic religious feeling" that permeated and sustained his scientific work. In 1954, a year before his death, he spoke of wishing to "experience the universe as a single cosmic whole". He was also fond of using religious flourishes, in 1926 declaring that "He [God] does not throw dice" when referring to randomness thrown up by quantum theory.

Despite his categorical rejection of conventional religion, Brooke said that Einstein became angry when his views were appropriated by evangelists for atheism. He was offended by their lack of humility and once wrote. "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."

yeah

the difference between Einstein and Hitchens has to do with how they perceived their position in the universe.

Einstein wished to "experience the universe as a single cosmic whole".

Hitchens believes that there is no other reasoning higher than is own.

The former was humble (even in his views on religion).  The latter is an arrogant know it all.  (heh heh ...he reminds me of some ppl who does post on this site ...lol  :D)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:19:11 AM by pecan »

1]; } ?>