June 15, 2024, 08:42:32 PM

Author Topic: Transer Gossip&other  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Transer Gossip&other
« on: July 30, 2006, 02:38:26 AM »
Real Madrid are set to make a cash-plus-player bid for Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes. (People)

Reyes has told Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he wants to quit the club to join Madrid. (News of the World)

A clause in Ashley Cole's Arsenal contract means he will cost Chelsea £30m - but any other club will only have to pay £16m. (News of the World)

Sol Campbell has contacted Newcastle United to say he is keen to move to St James' Park. (Various) Manchester United are hoping to seal a £4m deal for Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna. (Various)

Bolton are close to agreeing a deal to sign Jonathan Woodgate on loan from Real Madrid. (People)

Manchester United are plotting a £27m move for Athletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres. (People)

Sunderland are considering a loan move for Manchester City's Ben Thatcher and also wants former Newcastle defender Robbie Elliott. (People)

Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos is on the verge of joining Fenerbahce. (Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham could step up their interest in Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing. (Independent on Sunday)

Portsmouth chairman Alexandre Gaydamak is in Turkey trying to complete a move deal for Fenerbahce striker Nicolas Anelka. (Observer)

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce is targeting £2m-rated Reading defender Ibrahim Sonko. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP
Frank Lampard thinks ex-England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson should have included Jermaine Defoe in his World Cup squad. (News of the World)

Cristiano Ronaldo has been given personal security by Manchester United ahead of his return to training next week. (People)

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis will offer the vacant manager's job at Villa Park to Martin O'Neill. (Sunday Times)

Sven-Goran Eriksson has ruled himself out of the running to be Villa's next boss. (Sunday Express)

Leeds chairman Ken Bates has demanded £24m compensation from his old club Chelsea for teenages Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo following the duo's move to Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Mirror)

FUNNIES

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson took his players to see Govan - the part of Glasgow he grew up in - on their way to Parkhead for last week's friendly, and warned them he would be testing them with questions about the area later. (Sunday Times)

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Transer Gossip&other
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 05:14:23 AM »
www.soccer365.com

Reyes: I want to return to Spain

Arsenal forward Jose Antonio Reyes has confirmed he would be interested in a return to Spanish club football.

The reported target of Real Madrid joined Arsenal from Sevilla in January 2004 but claims he has yet to settle in London. According to reports, Madrid are keen on both Reyes and team-mate Cesc Fabregas, and Reyes said: "I have always said I want to return to Spain. I have nothing against Arsenal, completely the opposite. It is a great club and they have helped me so much.

"The fans have given me so much support since I joined. But they know I have not adapted to life in England. I have not got used to the language or the weather. If Real Madrid want me then that is marvellous. I have always said what a huge club it is and it would be an honour to play for them. Let's see what happens."

Lampard: We should have carried Defoe

Frank Lampard believes Sven-Goran Eriksson made a mistake in not taking Jermain Defoe to the World Cup.

The Swede attracted considerable flak before his final tournament as England manager for only selecting four strikers, and Lampard said: "Questions had been asked about why we didn't have five strikers in the squad when two of our forwards went into the tournament trying to recover fitness.

"Personally, I'd have included Jermain as well. I played with him at West Ham and he is a natural goalscorer. In terms of the line-ups for each match, I don't think they would have been affected. I'd have preferred some insurance though, and it would have given us more options. In that respect I would have taken Defoe

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:24:20 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 11:00:03 PM »
WELL I FIGURE I BE THE BOBBY MCMAHON AND SPEAK ON THESE RUMORS N SUCH

Real Madrid are set to make a cash-plus-player bid for Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes. (People) A real possibility as he was caught in the past on a radio show talking about going to madrid....now more than ever with madrid seeming to be linked with everyone he prolly figures by getting his name in some tabloids with them he would finalyl put presure on arsene to sell him for prolly one of madrid many strikers or possibly for baptista.

Reyes has told Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he wants to quit the club to join Madrid. (News of the World) SEE ABOVE

A clause in Ashley Cole's Arsenal contract means he will cost Chelsea £30m - but any other club will only have to pay £16m. (News of the World) i believe this was a clause put n when he signed the last contract after being linked with chelsea and a  smart move by arsenal ...talk about  a way to get some extra cash

Sol Campbell has contacted Newcastle United to say he is keen to move to St James' Park. Well he figures this will be a team that is stable enough and still in europe so he can finish off his career on a ok note with a decent club(Various) Manchester United are hoping to seal a £4m deal for Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna. (Various) dont really believe this with carrick coming either tomorow or tuesday for a large fee .....besides senna was a unsung star in the spain squad why would villareal sell  so cheap

Bolton are close to agreeing a deal to sign Jonathan Woodgate on loan from Real Madrid. (People) I expect this capello isnt one to deal with payers who are frequently injured so he may send him back ot england and observe him

Manchester United are plotting a £27m move for Athletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres. (People) two words TOO CHEAP.....besides he already said he is gona stay at ateltico...if you evetr wana find a player with real loyalties this is one

Sunderland are considering a loan move for Manchester City's Ben Thatcher and also wants former Newcastle defender Robbie Elliott. (People) Nial Quinn is loojing to shore up the defence that allowed many goals last season on the course to relegation ....but look for city to be tough with thatcher whereas elliot could make the moce

Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos is on the verge of joining Fenerbahce. (Sunday Mirror) This move is 50/50 sadly it oculd happen ut carlos should stay cuz capello does like him...one  of the first players signed to madrid by capello in his first riegn

Tottenham could step up their interest in Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing. (Independent on Sunday) They will make a big bid cause the NEED a left winger and its top of th e list on thier transder requirements

Portsmouth chairman Alexandre Gaydamak is in Turkey trying to complete a move deal for Fenerbahce striker Nicolas Anelka. (Observer) this man could be the diference between a relgation dog fight and a mid table finish  with a posible intertoto berth

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce is targeting £2m-rated Reading defender Ibrahim Sonko. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP
Frank Lampard thinks ex-England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson should have included Jermaine Defoe in his World Cup squad. (News of the World)He did state this and apparently he isnt the only one....it seems the guys like theo walcott but surely didnt see him as even a challeneger for the world cup young player award much less a england sucess at this young age

Cristiano Ronaldo has been given personal security by Manchester United ahead of his return to training next week. (People) wouldnt be surprisd...good player but im sure he is scared a bit after banners were made with threats to him...lets see if he can win the crowd over with some fancy skill n solid performances

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis will offer the vacant manager's job at Villa Park to Martin O'Neill. (Sunday Times) which o neil will decline as he is still nto ready to get back into football....besides which ellis is selling the club and it could be a case of teh new owner choosing the manager and starting afresh...whatever sven says dont rule this job out for him

Sven-Goran Eriksson has ruled himself out of the running to be Villa's next boss. (Sunday Express)

Leeds chairman Ken Bates has demanded £24m compensation from his old club Chelsea for teenages Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo following the duo's move to Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Mirror)

FUNNIES
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson took his players to see Govan - the part of Glasgow he grew up in - on their way to Parkhead for last week's friendly, and warned them he would be testing them with questions about the area later. (Sunday Times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 12:42:27 AM »
Reyes hits out at quit reports
By Tom Adams -  Created on 30 Jul 2006

Sky Sports

Arsenal star Jose Antonio Reyes has moved to distance himself from reports that he is keen to join Real Madrid, insisting he is looking forward to the future at The Emirates Stadium.

Quotes purportedly stemming from Reyes himself appeared in the Spanish media on Sunday claiming the 22-year-old was still unsettled in London and that a move back to his home country with Real would be a tempting prospect.

However, speaking from the Premiership side's pre-season training camp in Austria, Reyes has now insisted he has no desire to leave The Gunners and that he is not responsible for the erroneous quotes.

"I don't know where these words have come from," Reyes told the club's official website.

"But what I would like to say is that I am very happy at Arsenal.

"At the moment we are all training hard in preparation for the new season and I am excited about not only playing at Emirates Stadium but also helping Arsenal to challenge for honours."

Reyes has often had to deflect suggestions that he is keen on a move to the Bernabeu, most notably in February 2005 when he was caught in a radio hoax admitting he wanted to join Los Merengues.

However, with Robert Pires having left North London, Arsene Wenger may rely on Reyes to patrol The Gunners' left-wing in the coming campaign and would be loath to lose the club's record signing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:51:34 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:21:48 AM »
Sky sports
Gunners move for Ghana ace
By Graeme Bailey -  Created on 31 Jul 2006
Arsenal have taken Ghana World Cup star Shilla Illiasu on trial.

The 23-year-old featured in all four of The Black Stars' games at the finals in Germany - starting the last three of them.

The central defender shone in Germany and his performances caught the attention of Arsene Wenger and his scouts.

Illiasu's club Kumasi Asante Kotoko have confirmed that Illiasu is on his way to London to link-up with The Gunners.

Arsenal have excellent contacts in Africa and now they have agreed a deal with Kotoko - which sees Illiasu arriving for a trial spell.

The highly-rated stopper will get the chance over the next few days to try and convince Wenger that he is worthy of a move to The Premiership.

Reports from Africa suggest Kotoko would allow Illiasu to leave for around $1 million (£500,000).

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:06:53 AM »
Kotoko has alot of talant throughout and their youth system is promising also  a very, very strong fan base as well.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

1]; } ?>