June 16, 2024, 10:50:11 AM

Author Topic: Whats the purpose for keeping Hinds and Samuels in the Team?  (Read 1652 times)

TrinInfinite

Whats the purpose for keeping Hinds and Samuels in the Team?
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:11:55 PM »
Hinds score a lil 61 in a simulation match and samuels shit down heself right thru, i believe the fans deserve a explanation as to why they still on the team?

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the purpose for keeping Hinds and Samuels in the Team?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »
Probably for variety in the bowling attack. Plus they might be have a poor run of form ...... but these 2 men could real bat

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14:19 PM »
I think they had to be selected in the squad for the ICC Champions trophy because they were the only other players match fit, because they played in the DLF cup.

With regard to are they in the squad on merit then that is another question. I really believe Samuels bowling in ODI cricket merits a squad place at least. Over the last year he has been one of our most economical bowlers. His batting has really dissapointed, but in this team we could bat him at 8.

In Hinds case he is probably our only other 6 hitter that could bat at the number 7 spot apart from Dwayne Smith. So if Dwayne Smith gets injured or dropped then Hinds will have to fill his slot. If Dwayne Smith is at 7 i personally would like to see Chanders drop down to 5 and Hinds open. I don't want to see Hinds anywhere in the batting order apart from opening or at 7. He is a decent utility player in a small squad of 15 because he can play a number of roles.

I understand you would probably want Ganga and Mohammed in the squad, but we have won a lot of ODIs without these guys in the team. I think Samuels and Hinds should get one last chance in the ICC Champions Trophy. If they both fail then by all means bring in Ganga and Mohammed for the World Cup.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:27:08 PM »
I think they had to be selected in the squad for the ICC Champions trophy because they were the only other players match fit, because they played in the DLF cup.

With regard to are they in the squad on merit then that is another question. I really believe Samuels bowling in ODI cricket merits a squad place at least. Over the last year he has been one of our most economical bowlers. His batting has really dissapointed, but in this team we could bat him at 8.

In Hinds case he is probably our only other 6 hitter that could bat at the number 7 spot apart from Dwayne Smith. So if Dwayne Smith gets injured or dropped then Hinds will have to fill his slot. If Dwayne Smith is at 7 i personally would like to see Chanders drop down to 5 and Hinds open. I don't want to see Hinds anywhere in the batting order apart from opening or at 7. He is a decent utility player in a small squad of 15 because he can play a number of roles.

I understand you would probably want Ganga and Mohammed in the squad, but we have won a lot of ODIs without these guys in the team. I think Samuels and Hinds should get one last chance in the ICC Champions Trophy. If they both fail then by all means bring in Ganga and Mohammed for the World Cup.

a closer look at our ODI record and our present ICC one day ranking would suggest otherwise...

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »

a closer look at our ODI record and our present ICC one day ranking would suggest otherwise...

Well going back over the last two/three years we have beaten England in England, beaten India in India, won the ICC Champions Trophy (beating South Africa, Pakistan and England), beaten India in the West Indies, knocked India out of the DLF cup. Over the last year we have actually moved up a place in the ICC ODI ranking and are closing the gap on 3rd place with every month that goes by. We have beaten India home and away and they are ranked joint 3rd.

We were beaten by New Zealand and Pakistan when Lara decided that he needed to party not play cricket, but apart from those series we have won a lot of ODI games over the last 2/3 years.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 04:27:27 PM »

Well going back over the last two/three years we have beaten England in England, beaten India in India, won the ICC Champions Trophy (beating South Africa, Pakistan and England), beaten India in the West Indies, knocked India out of the DLF cup. Over the last year we have actually moved up a place in the ICC ODI ranking and are closing the gap on 3rd place with every month that goes by. We have beaten India home and away and they are ranked joint 3rd.

We were beaten by New Zealand and Pakistan when Lara decided that he needed to party not play cricket, but apart from those series we have won a lot of ODI games over the last 2/3 years.

We are still at 7th right now and while we have had a fair share of good results against better-ranked opponents you can still see we struggle for consistency and continuity -- we tend to lose games where we have bowled well and restricted the opposition but somehow fail spectacularly with the bat -- i think ganga in the team adds a lot more solidity to the lineup but thats just my opinion

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »
in all honesty, for me it would kelly and mohummed who should be in there place...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:44:59 PM »
Yuh was ah big Samuels man before he knee injury.  Finally, yuh realize he cyah handle de seaming conditions in England or decent spin.  Pure pace he comfortable with that.  Notice he does hardly get hit.  But anything requiring footwork, concentration and patience at de highest level of de game...he is boo.  He is de typical modern Jamaican batsman.  Lawrence Rowe, Jeffrey Dujon and dem must be shaking their heads.  He never cross dat hurdle.  Loads of talent... oh yes...no doubt...but he cyah seem to cross the threshold of greatness.  He expiration date reach.  In terms of what was expected from this young man and by not fulfilling his promise, he is a bust. 
Mohammed is a liability in de field.  Powell should be we 12th man.  His fielding alone will save runs like crazy. If Hinds was not a bowler, he would not be there.  Kelly and Mohammed should work hard on their batting to overcome and force the hand of dem dotish selectors.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:32:20 PM by Savannah boy »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 04:43:59 PM »
Yuh was ah big Samuels man before he knee injury. Finally, yuh realize he cyah handle de seaming conditions in England or decent spin. Pure pace he comfortable with that. Notice he does hardly get hit. But anything requiring footwork, concentration and patience at de highest level of de game...he is boo. He is de typical modern Jamaican batsman. Lawrence Rowe, Jeffrey Dujon and dem must be shaking their heads. He never cross dat hurdle. Loads of talent... oh yes...no doubt...but he cyah seem to cross the threshold of greatness. He expiration date reach. In terms of what was expected from this young man and by not fulfilling his promise, he is a bust.
Mohammed is a liability in de field. Powell should be we 12th man. His fielding alone will save runs like crazy. If Hinds was not a bowler, he would not be there. Kelly and Mohammed should work hard on their batting to overcome and force the hand of dem dotish selectors.

very good comments bredda, i saw the potential samuels had but now it has faded, he is a true shithound, which i have been regretting for a lil while now, i was very happy to see him picked for the aussie tour and score in the practise match, from there it was downhill, i am vex with samuels for lettin himself fall like this and not capitalizing, his mental ability is not there, mohummed from what i have seen against india fielded very well and played very well, batted very well also, i think he more than deserves a pick, kelly if given the chance with bennett kings regime will shine also.... :beermug:

1]; } ?>