June 07, 2024, 03:38:28 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation....Congrats Haiti.  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Observation....Congrats Haiti.
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:23:16 AM »
Dear Forumites,

Congrats to the new 2007 Digicel Cup Champions Haiti. They did their homework and played a well thought out efficient game. To TT congrats on making it to the final. I doubted this team, the players and the preparation, so to reach here was a really big achievement. That said I was utterly gutted and disappointed that we did not win yesterday.

To the faithful, this result will bring a sense of sanity and reality to some, while it may come as a shock and blow to others.

I doe know what it is, but did Theobold blight the side with his comments bout lifting a trophy, was it the waggonists who came out as they did vs Bahrain and on Nov 19th and blight the vibes, was the team too overconfident, was it stage fright after seeing a full stadium, I ent know but the side come out coasting....walking, taking they time, no urgency, no fight....is after they get two goal in they skin and they realise water more than flour...After Bailey come orn in the 68th and the last 20 min of the game after Daniel score the free kick they start to fight like Warriors.

Now I arrived early went across in Movietown to eat a food and in the process I spied our missing WN regional head Oconnorg...yes folks he still alive.

After crossing the highway is people like dirt......ticket line long, everybody in they red, face paint, flag....I smiled to myself.."where were they when we played Bdos." One setta lil chirren running wile wile up and down looking for free digicel trinkets, which they was giving away like peas all through the series.

Now I did not mention this before, and if I did not inform too many forumites, it was because I didn't want to get Jumbie, neither did I want my link get Jumbied...........Yes it was wrong, but when yuh get a small bligh yuh must take it. I made my way to my own special entrance and paid a discounted fee. I might not have gotten a ticket stub as proof of entry, but small thing. I coming all the games and there were more than enough newcomers to take up the slack.  ;D

Now first thing that struck me...1/4 past 5 Sun up and stadium near the halfline and 18 yard section full. I say what the arse is dis. Up to Cuba game yuh coulda spread out massive up to fifteen minutes before kickoff, now no such luxury. I saw dombasil and we attempted to hold a small section of seats. But we were unsuccessful! The WN crew had to sit kinda scattered but we all were generally in the same section.

Cuba and Guadeloupe were battling it out on the field, some nice passing, shots free kicks and in the end Cuba after taking a 2-0 lead, won the game by a 2-1 margin.

The TT squad came out to warm up on the small grassy area behind the goalpost, clock side and the iron section started up.

In was then I decided to do what no one could do for me....i.e I went to pee. Now folks I had to mention this because it cause real confusion later on. Wha bout the Male toilet Locked.

Big big final, stadium ram, men drinking beers and the male toilet....the important one locked. I say important because the males in the stadium outnumber the females about 8-1. Also woman have better control so they doe use toilet so. So anyhow.....I watching the logo on the wall with the dress and the boobs and is only man rushing in. I get slight confused but small ting. next ting yuh know man bawling toilet lock toilet lock and is line inside the women room.

Now I must say the womans bathroom in the HC is much nicer than the male washroom. No brown
objects floating in each of the bowls, the toilets flushing, they have paper, lights, water, soap, towel to dry yuh hand. I say whey look niceness. It was marshalled by a MTS woman who attempted to restore order by saying...men on one side...woman on the other. Now it was working in the earlies....but on my second trip before the match started it was utter chaos. The Ladies get bowl out and had to seek a p-hole somewhere else. Man lining up right tru, woman coming in and seeing man and running. Some play wrong and strong and waiting they turn, but clearly feeling uncomfortable and taking one setta talks while they waiting in "they own bathroom"

Anyways back to the action....pineapple chow was real cuttin and the beers were real cold.

Anthems were sung and TT lined up in the 4-4-2. Back four of Daniel, Telesford, Hislop and Powers.
The rest of the side was unchanged.

For the first 5-10 min TT is in control attacking well and settling first but then after that....

It is here that Haiti tactically took over and won this match in the first half of the game.

Wim get outcoached and the TT players move duncy, following instructions that not working and as a intl player in a final...do not have the common sense or initiative to do something different.

Haiti plays a 3-6-1 morphing into a 3-4-3 in attack and we ent know WHAT to do.

It is clear Haiti did their homework, scouted the TT weaknesses that were glaring and exploited each one.

So Haiti put a man marker on Glasgow, one on Roberts and has a last stopper sweeping. So we attack lock down. With six men in the midfield we already outnumbered there. Of the TT midfield you have one all out attack (Hardest) one winger (Baptisite) one scrapper ( Tiger) and the captain playing defensive like a first stopper trying to break up the Haiti counter attack.

The back four just trying to deal with whatever coming they way.

So the whole first half went like this....keeper gets the ball, ball passes around the back 4 players and it is hoofed by one to them to Roberts or Glasgow. If the ball reaches Glasgow he will mistrap, try a flick to nobody or pull somebody stones with a bad pass. if it reaches Roberts, he will trap, screen off 3 players, run into space and try to find support....which in most instances was lacking.

Thus the play breaks down. Haiti tries a counter and so it goes.

A group of waggonists start to jumbie people to do they wave…once…twice..three times…six times….oh shit….try and send the wave the next direction nah…people trying to watch game. 

Now it was a total backs and fwds game with ball just being hoofed around. No midfield by TT. however Jemmot stood out amongst the midfielders in the first period. I giving him he pips for this match. He was the only one trying to create anything, he had some roly poly and some small fake. He breed a few players and his forward through passes were a joy to behold. The man real try but the thing is after a good tru ball......Glasgow will do mess with it, or the cross from Baptiste will be poor.He was also suffering from a lack of service in the first half as he was just collecting whatever scrappy ball that came his way and in the second half he was bun and reduced to walking pace.
He needs another good player around him to bounce the ball with or to give him passes on a regular basis.

Baptisite had a quiet game, Theobold was trying to handle it in the back but was quiet. Telesford was the worst defender of the night, Seon Power lifted his game, taking on men trying the overlap and trying the cross. Now the funny thing is if Seon Power was so bad…why it is when Whim make the sub he take orf Hislop instead of him. Obviously Power have some kinda speed or attribute to keep him in the side. Daniel was getting caught out and burnt for speed. Tiger try his best but the Haitians were too big and fast for him. Glasgow….well what to say bout he, he shoulda get sub in the first 20 min. He use out all he magic dust in the previous games. Roberts was the next champion on the field, run hard, fight for every ball, trap and screen, didn’t lose the ball or giveaway possession and he was trying to create space taking on men etc.

The first goal came as no surprise to anyone watching the game. TT fizzled out after the first 10 men and Haiti started to knock the ball around. Now what hurting me is Haiti ent play no big setta brand, no kinda knock to talk about ......but when they executed a play it was done at TOP SPEED and TT was always ball watching. When I tell you it was hurtful to see hardest get a ball look up….and not a man offering to support or show for the ball. Tiger too, nobody passing to him early and when he get a ball no support.
When Roberts trap a ball three men on he back….nobody to layoff or pass to and dat had the crowd cussing.

The first goal came from a long ball….burst of speed down the flank, cross come in and a Haitian pipes a bullet on Jan from in the 18. Jan gets down and parries well…good save, but a Haitian is there to tap in the rebound. Telesford tries to skate in but is two of them and one of him. Goal.

So you would think, that being behind for the first time in this tournament would lift the side, spark them, make them fight harder. Them fellas trapesing on the field like if they in they bedroom and the stadium stunned into silence.

All Haiti do after that was play a high defence close to the half line and TT couldn’t see they way. The were bigger, taller and faster than our players and anything that came in the air they won with ease.

Why couldnt we make the adjustment and play the ball on the ground? The haitians, bigger, faster, taller and fitter....bounce the ball with hardest on the carpet instead of hoofing it in the air.

TT scored a goal but it was ruled out for a handball.

And the moment of truth in the first half came when an errant back pass from the Haitian defender was picked off by Baptisite. Free as a bird he runs into the area at top speed, now two defenders are closing on him but he has time and space, hurries the shot and drags it wide of the post. That woulda be the goal to change the momentum but alas.

Half time and people cussing…Patriot bawl he hadda storm to get in the toilet. Latecomers trying to huff people seat and the consensus is why the TT team playing with no fight, urgency and lackadaisical. No support in the mid, a setta hit and hope and Haiti ent really looking good but doing enough.

Second half and you would think Whim talk to them…more of the same and we walking, losing the balls, no support, no imagination in the middle and hardest bun.

Then Haiti play dead to ketch corbeaux alive…small knock and then BOOM, them fellas press a Nos button and they put down the only attack of the second half….one two, run into space at speed and whaps….goal past Jan. Powers and Telesford ent know what happen yet, them get breeze past. And the Haitians dancing by the corner flag.

Like is only then the players realize that we down by two and is time to step it up. It was then the urgency and fight start to kick in….why they ent do it since the Whistle blow them alone know. Whim make a change, pull orf Hislop play three at the back and put on Bailey. Now Bailey had the size and speed to compete with the Haitians but he touch was orf bad.

Den Bam Daniel get a free kick and curled dat ball in the V……goal of the tournament. Watch me 20 min to go and TT on the attack and it looked like it would happen.

But then Haiti sits back and takes the pressure. TT trying too hard and just panicin and doing mess. Cross going wild. Men kicking corner off the field , bad pass, mistrap and the midfield still not supporting the play is just long ball into the penalty area and hit and hope.

Sealy start to warm up but never came on the field. Gary get ketch offside but the calls were questionable, the Haitians start to foul Hardest but then we just POP DOWN BIG TIME. Last 5 min in the game, 4 set plays….two corner and two free kick and all wasted. Theobold hitting the ball off the field, corner not coming in, corner kick off the field. A let down big time, and the whole crowd was behind the team at that point chanting and clapping.

The Dj and all start to play fighter, Jumbie by machel, all kinda tunes…..and dis is while Game going orn. This is illegal by FIFA, but we so desperate we trying anything to pep up the fellas on the field and they just in a zone.

Last 10 min was all grit and determination, but too little too late and at the final whistle the TT players collapsed on the field while the Haitians wine on we.

Imagine I see a under 17 Haitian team wine on we and a Senior side too. Dis shit hadda stop.

I was so vex and upset, I get headache all kinda ting….last time I felt so was Bahrain in the stadium. But we look for it, we ent play good, and we deserve the result. Every man besides Hardest and Roberts had a poor game. The entire team looked like they had worms……..and yet still I was happy that with the little they had, experience wise, fitness wise, togetherness etc they reached the final. But it just wasn’t our night and congrats to Haiti for playing to their game plan.

I didn’t stay for the prize giving but they had more fireworks there than Clico display on Indpendence night.

Folks this is a start and a step in a new direction, but all the mistakes that were made previously, that I alluded to were finally exposed. The team is young and has a lot to learn but I think we need to mix the foreign based players for this team to be a formidable one. We can take about 5-6 players from this squad and continue with them but to leave the whole team as is…we looking for cutarse when we step up to a higher level. As Haiti showed.

Until next time….and good luck to them vs Panama and Costa Rica.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 08:42:06 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: D Touches Match Observation....Congrats Haiti.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
DUDE

Get ah life. I cyah believe you sit and write ah next one soo long. I eh read it . well not yet though but ah know it go be good. So thanks in advance ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »
Nice reports from Touches, Andre Samuel and Kingman....

Apart from Glasgow, Telesford (need some speed, but very good reader), Baptiste and Tiger. I find Sean Powers is a good player, had a bad first game but improved, like him or not, he did great many times in this tour, hard worker. Daniel plays excellent, however he loves to head that ball back wildly, watch it. Jack and Sealy fell off. Roberts is a worker, but needs to score more to build his confidence. Kwame and Bailey not to impressive, maybe in time, they not bad, just lacking something. Theobald reminds me of Yorke, he picked up a lot of things from Yorke and in time he will be our Yorke, good player, Jemmott is the man who can really make the difference on this team, but fades badly, excellent passer and Haiti mark him out of this game, they knew... Tinto just full of energy but needs to learn the game, not to impress with him, football requires simple things and he just doesn't have it, a simple trap and pass, or run into a space for a return ball, falling back, trapping, crossing and shooting.... Jan Williams is a good keeper. I must say Tiger improved on his crossing tremendously...

Best goals of the tour so far, Glasgow against Cuba with that cross pass from Baptiste and he heads it in clinically and off course Daniel free kick.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:03:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »
good stuff touches.....haiti second goal was offside  ( see other post )
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:12:21 AM »
 Touches ah feel yuh does real drink before match and ting. Yuh mekin meh feel like you jes bad mouth right through. You wah blood not football. You is too alarmist man. Every match you bring ah alarm so.

The fellas show some heart and character on the pitch  i was a bit satisfied with their play they tried and did the best on the night. I done.

Ah doh like typing too much so ah go leave you and leh somebody else tek you up on your negativity.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 09:14:36 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:18:30 AM »
Great report as usual, yuh make meh feel like i was in de stadium  :beermug:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »
yuh improving breddah ;D good report, well balanced reporting, what i did like however is that our backline is starting to try the offside trap used and perfected by the dutch, which is good, hoepfully we can master the trap in time for qualifying with better linesmen... :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »
See it Touches...alluded to what you said in the TT&Cuba post....cause I think the defensive aspect of that game, came back to haunt us....especially ketchin our boys on ah of day.....but like you I missed out on who I now realize woul be my player of the Tournament .my choice is.....*drum roll *.... Jan Michael Williams....he was consistantly good...an on this game...just the mere fact that he got to those balls, was to me quite impressive...Thks again for the "Full" report....though ah still feel yuh miss some odder winers we get ah quick glimps of on the small screen

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:28:44 AM »
Touches ah feel yuh does real drink before match and ting. Yuh mekin meh feel like you jes bad mouth right through. You wah blood not football. You is too alarmist man. Every match you bring ah alarm so.

The fellas show some heart and character on the pitch  i was a bit satisfied with their play they tried and did the best on the night. I done.

Ah doh like typing too much so ah go leave you and leh somebody else tek you up on your negativity.

This wasn't a negative report by any means.  It might have had some negative statements about the team, but they were accurate statements in my opinion.  Touches call it how he see it.  I happen to agree with almost everything he say.  The only thing I didn't agree with is that woman could hold they pee better than men.  I see woman pee down deyself in public already.  I know a woman who pee down she car when she realise she couldn't make it home in time...she drive home comfortable in the pee after that.

Anyway...I could sign on the report too because I think that it is just what happen.  Touches also mention some positives about the team as well.  I find too, that Hardest was forcing the nice passes sometimes by trying to send on Glasgow or Roberts to fight up with three defenders on them, when a simple lil pass to the wing woulda be more effective.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »
I finally met some people from this site. I met Jefferz by chance as I was sitting one seat away from him and he showed me Touches. Met kandi and saw doc as well.

No arguments with Touches' report. The team did have a bit of over confidence about them, but they exceeded my expectations for the tournament and all told looked like they will only improved. Congratulations to them and to Haiti for a match well played.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »
I finally met some people from this site. I met Jefferz by chance as I was sitting one seat away from him and he showed me Touches. Met kandi and saw doc as well.
wha ya doin watchin football, get back to Hockey man  ;D ;D WC go be here jez now ;D ;D
sorry man could not resist ;D ;D ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »
wha ya doin watchin football, get back to Hockey man  ;D ;D WC go be here jez now ;D ;D
:D We needed to kick back and relax. The majority of the team was there liming, watching the game. We leaving tomorrow for Hamburg so it's plenty hard work for us from Friday.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »
have a safe flight and do allya selves proud
keep us informed like you usually do
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »
:D We needed to kick back and relax. The majority of the team was there liming, watching the game. We leaving tomorrow for Hamburg so it's plenty hard work for us from Friday.

Good luck meh boy... yuh know everybody from de "House" supporting strong!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
Maybe because the fellahs were a bit tired and nervous they couldn't run as hard as we expected, I mean is every few days they've had a match and is everyday they training so that could count for some of the lethargic play I saw. However, I must say that it turned into a differnt game when Bailey hit the pitch, he real work that 16 minutes. He gave me some optimism for that short time. Real big up to Jan Michael, he's quite consistant, although he sometimes scares me when he comes off his line, but all in all he shining, expect more from him.
Ah would have liked to see Tinto on the pitch rippin men again but dem Haitians on average were tall guys, it wouldn't have made sense for him.
Is interesting though, Haiti brought out a couple players for this game for the first time, when its down to the grind... their better players to say the least, so basically the Haitian coach had them resting and watching what they would have ultimately come against and pull them out in the finals. Well done.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 11:03:48 AM »
as usual touches...good report...but ah hadda put ah lil two cents in d mix...but ah feeling for a separate thread...so read here

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=24539.0
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »
Touches is the Trini version of Bobby McMahon  ;D

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 11:30:43 AM »
Thanks Touches for that splendid report... :beermug: always a nice read.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »
Touches..Big Up on the report ..much appreciated by those of us on the outside....

Congrats to Haiti..they did their homework and stuck to the script...just from listening to the match, I had a feeling that we were outcoached, Whim did not make adjustments .... we seemed to be getting outnumbered by Haiti when they counterattacked ..but I guess the speed of play was also an issue.

I also think that being able to rest their big players in the last group game, was the biggest edge they had.  Would Whim have done the same had we gone into the last group game on 6 pts instead of 4?  Haiti say "go ahead T&T, we will ketch yuh in the final, we do need this game" .... so said ...so done!

Congrats to the warriors.. valiant effort!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »
so what is the consensus on whim going with 3 in the back and 3 forwards for the last 20 mins.  allyuh feel he jus trying to paint a picture of heself as being totally opposite to beenie? careless move that coulda cost we?  or a good sign in that it show that he understanded the situation and how to get more chances on goal?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 12:58:23 PM »
so what is the consensus on whim going with 3 in the back and 3 forwards for the last 20 mins.  allyuh feel he jus trying to paint a picture of heself as being totally opposite to beenie? careless move that coulda cost we?  or a good sign in that it show that he understanded the situation and how to get more chances on goal?

cyah be  dat he want to be opposite to beenie cause in de WC we was down to 10 men playin sweden and beenie did de unthinkable by bringing on ah fwd (Glenn)....
de 3 backline ting coulda cost we but de fact iz we was down and what ever we was doing b4 wuz not workin....sorry to say it eh really matter cause we end up wid ah lorse...but say what better luck next time.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »

The fellas show some heart and character on the pitch  i was a bit satisfied with their play they tried and did the best on the night. I done.

I take no issue with what he says this time...other than I think he let Seon Power and Jan-Michael Williams off the hook too easy.  Williams keep some shit...point blank.  The first rebound for goal was unfortunate...the second was irresponsible.

He remind me of when I was back in St. Augustine and keeping fuh Lower Six v. Upper Six...all 5 foot 7 of me.  Ah think ah finally get subbed after the 8th goal.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 04:37:07 PM »
See it Touches...alluded to what you said in the TT&Cuba post....cause I think the defensive aspect of that game, came back to haunt us....especially ketchin our boys on ah of day.....but like you I missed out on who I now realize woul be my player of the Tournament .my choice is.....*drum roll *.... Jan Michael Williams....he was consistantly good...an on this game...just the mere fact that he got to those balls, was to me quite impressive...Thks again for the "Full" report....though ah still feel yuh miss some odder winers we get ah quick glimps of on the small screen

You musse facking smoking.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »
bobby McTouches....ah like it
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 05:36:24 PM »
Great report Touches as always. That comment about the Group of Waggonists and their wave just crack me up :D

One thing though...me eh find them fellas play slower than normal, they always seem to me to be kinda slow(might be deceptive because their speed of attack is actually quite fast)....I find Haiti seemed more motivated and invigorated. Haiti was running faster while some ah we boys was jogging "unpurposelike". I think I see that all the time..needs improvement. All in all, as good a tournament as I thought it would be...Congrats to Haiti, they've been working feverishly for a few  years now to produce good football, so maybe it is paying off.

Congrats to these Warriors too. They made me proud............. :) :)

On to Panama.....
Two islands are better than one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 05:51:12 PM »
Touches

Yuh eh talk yuh preach. I was telling my partners them waggonist blight the game. How you spot a waggonist he is the one who does start the wave. Serious football people eh have no time to do no wave.

Girl Warrior

I agree when Baily game on their was a major difference.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 06:20:58 PM »
Yep Touches accurate as usual.....dem really only start to play in de last 20 mins.  Ah eh know wha happen before dat, dem boys must be thought is a funeral dey was going to...

Haiti come out with all guns blazing....

Since I wanted nothing less than de cup, ah eh go lie eh but ah disappointed a bit.  However, dey do real good to reach de Final and take we to de Gold Cup...

GOOD GOING WARRIORS!!....   
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>