June 15, 2024, 11:06:24 PM

Author Topic: Ince distances himself from PFA.  (Read 4746 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince distances himself from PFA.
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
Ince distances himself from PFA.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Goalkeeper Clayton Ince has threatened to take legal action against the newly formed Trinidad and Tobago Professional Footballers Association.
Ince, now the number one goalie with English League one side Walsall, in a letter to PFA representatives Kelvin Jack and Brent Sancho last week, stated that it been brought to his attention that his name was being used in an advertisement for a Player’s Association fund-raising event without his knowledge or written consent.
“Prior to this, I received correspondence from the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) asking whether I was being represented by the legal firm representing said Association in the legal action that the Player’s Association was proceeding with against them.
“I wish to draw your attention to the fact that I have never been contacted or informed, either verbally or in writing, of any legal actions (i.e. actions brought against Jack Warner and/or the T&TFF) or fund-raising events prior to announcements made publicly.
“As such, I strongly suggest you desist from using my name in any of your promotions and/or legal actions. Should you continue to use my name without my written approval I will be left with no alternative but to take legal action against you and/or the Players’ Association,” stated Ince.
The event he was referring to was a play put on in London last month in conjunction with the English PFA to help raise funds for the T&T players association. This event reportedly got a good response. Ince meantime, had another solid display between the uprights as his Walsall beat Accrington Stanley 3-2 to stay second on the standings and maintain their promotion hopes. Hector Sam was a 57th minute on-sub for the winners.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:06:04 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Ince distances himself from PFA
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »
 ???  >:( divide and rule oui  >:(  >:(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »
 :bs: :bs: :bs:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »

Ince have he ways.  Is best they take his advice and anything with him hadda be in writing. (agent is Berry?)

Are these guys talking to each other?  I believe Marvin had said something similar on in the earlies.

Seemed to be a disconnect betw the promoters and the pool of players with that last event.
Watch....them need to come good if they going to make this thing work cuz they under scrutiny.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 05:43:52 PM »
If they never contact him....is wrong dey wrong fuh advertisin he name and ah give him full correck fuh doin wha he do.

However.....suppose man did have a informal lil chat one day.........................................................
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »
I jus looking at the source of dis article...dat tells alot.... ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:54:49 PM »
If Ince was never even given the respect of even a phone call then he dam well right, because the PFA just as un-professional as the TTFF. All them studding is the money they was promised after they get that this PFA will hit the fan. The PFA treating the none regular players like the TTFF use to treat them with no repsect. And Ince on de other hand shouldn't blow this out of propotion, but right to tell them as it is.

No body eh say nothing when Dwight Yorke, Latapy, Edwards, Lawrence, Scotland etc etc didn't support the PFA.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:35:37 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince distances himself from PFA.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »
HMMMMMM........ das all I go say...... dey had a right to contact he... but de man give dem lawyer letter dread...... lol.... well yeh his agent is also TTFF man, Mike Berry

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »
Seems more and more to me that we have less of a team and more a group of individuals seeking their own agendas. I cant say who wrong here, but it seems like there is a whole lot more goin on than what comes out in the press...and IMHO Jack has won the battle :'(

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »
Big Up!
well said man
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 10:17:26 PM »
quesiton...

does this also mean he not one of the players who not playing for TT until they get their money?

or is he available for selection for Gold Cup?
always liked him as a keeper...solid, aggressive
he should get called up

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 10:23:50 PM »
Ince refuse dem again

it becoming ah trend  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 10:56:37 PM »
Ah feel Ince watching de fact that dem man who dealing with de PFA  Sancho etc etc is younger man in de team too. Not on de Senior level like Yorke, Latas, Shaka, Carlos and Ince. So for de PFA to be settin up a scene and not be on Ince's senior level,  dey go have to come real good to pen man like Yorke, Ince, Marvin, Shaka, Latas  because dem fellas been dealing with TTFF for years and maybe they handle things differently. Obviously it have a little politickin involved because ah sure Ince linnin up heself for ah call up and I not mad with him because he kinda was always in Shaka shadow and now is his time to be first choice.  De PFA lookin a lil shakey.  I hope they either decide to succeed at any cost or quit early and possibly save dey pick for later consideration.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 04:57:25 AM »
Things that make you go hhhhhhmmmmmm......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 05:09:20 AM »

Big Up!

Correct...and very perceptive DeSowa. The article gives the impression of a complete break in the ranks. Could be true but it could be a spin or exaggerated spin of simple private dirty laundry as part of a divide and conquer agenda. I never accept what I read jess so especially when dealing with stuff coming from questionable or compromised or "instructed"  sources  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 05:31:40 AM »

Big Up!

TRUE !!! ...  :devil:

Like Jack looking to break down the PFA. Them fellas better hold strong and do it for not just themselves but for the future ones as well. Jack give Ince some money it seems.

Ince really do not care about the future of T&T, Jack Warner will dictate forever....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:39:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 08:38:02 AM »
I've said it many times is only when something involves you you does really know what's going on,we could never have a proper Players Association when (1)the players to impact it all over the place(can't get together for a meeting,have a vote)(2)no one really respects Sancho/Jack it needs people like Yorke/Shaka/Latapy in charge(3)players want to reap the rewards but don't want to sacrifice for it(4)the foreign based don't really care their business fix, local Football is what being affected by all what's going on(5)unless players stop thinking about their selfish needs and think about what's best for T&T Football we will be the way we are.

Jack Warner strives on these things,he is laughing at all of us today,this is nothing new,it's just a repeat of what has happened many times in the past,we self distruct ourselves,Kelvin Jack was involved in the last one so he above anybody else should know better,come good or forget it,why can't we learn from other Players Assoc all over the world,i saw in the US where the players stood up for increase wages before the WC,they did not practice etc etc until they got what the package they wanted.

I don't blame Ince for his actions because he is just doing what ever he thinks is best for him,when he was bumped off the team before the WC it had no Players Assoc and no one really stood up with or for him(understand the guy).I will say again unless these guys can't come face to face and sit down in T&T have locals involved,we will not have a vibrant Association,we need people that have weight,when they talk people have to listen,Yorke is a man does sit down and talk with the Prime Minister,i'm sure Ato would not mind getting involved.

1]; } ?>