June 16, 2024, 05:51:51 AM

Author Topic: Would we have the BEST Warriors to win the Gold Cup?  (Read 11312 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have the BEST Warriors to win the Gold Cup?
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 08:38:24 AM »
Players who could benefit from playing  in the Gold Cup, given their lack of playing time:

Sancho

A.John

C.Birchall.
S.John

Players who should be given more opportunities to play an active role:

K.Jones

C.Samuel

T.Warner

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 09:19:26 AM »
TMF....

you gonna track my ass?

You is like Columbo, you gonna find me out eventually!

I got no probs with you knowing me bro, just ain't gonna admit to nothing on here.

All I will say is that I'm fighting in the soca warriors corner, and I ain't goona be on the losing side in this. Things are gonna change for the good.

In November 2006 FIFA stated in a Memorandum of Understanding with FIFPro (World association of players unions) that they are commited to

"the prevalance of employment legislation over all matters relating to the contractual relationships between clubs and professional footballers taking into account the specifity of sport and the methods of resolving differences within a football framework on the basis of representation" 

Which is a bit different than TTFFs attitude eh?

Nice ah go still stalk until ah know ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 11:17:56 PM »
How could we sit back and  not call each other to action on behalf of the players, the nation and our national team?
This is an indignation and abominable indignation to those players who are expressing a desire to represent TNT.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2007, 07:58:05 AM »
I think a massive show of support for the Warriors who have not been invited for the GOLD CUP could be demonstrated when they return home for the Fun match!!!!!!

S.W.N. FLAG  fan protest and a general fan uprising to show support for these players must occur. We need our BEST WARRIORS representing TNT.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »
I for dat ;D ;D ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2007, 06:57:04 AM »
One month to go and we still eh hearing no firm plans or actions for the team. if i one thing TTFF true to form.

Leh meh propose this friendly:  TTFF sponsored Team going to Gold Cup versus  PLAYERS NOT SELECTED
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:58:38 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2007, 05:40:42 AM »
The saga continues and I will continue a daily plight to seek, to advocate and to incite action where action should occur.

Who sanctions the operations of the TTFF?

Who has the powers to question the operations of the TTFF?

Who is the TTFF accountable to?

How does one begin systematic investigation of the TTFF?

Could we trust that the TTFF is working  in the best interest of TNT football?

What role does the government play in TTFF decision making?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2007, 05:49:50 AM »
Who sanctions the operations of the TTFF?  FIFA and their VP's
Who has the powers to question the operations of the TTFF?   FIFA and their VP's
Who is the TTFF accountable to?  FIFA and their VP's
How does one begin systematic investigation of the TTFF?    Contact FIFA and their VP's
Could we trust that the TTFF is working  in the best interest of TNT football?No, they only have the best interest of  FIFA and their VP's at heart
What role does the government play in TTFF decision making?   NONE AT ALL

sorry but that is my humble opinion.
It Would be GREAT if it could change some time soon in the future.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »
Who sanctions the operations of the TTFF?  FIFA and their VP's
Who has the powers to question the operations of the TTFF?   FIFA and their VP's
Who is the TTFF accountable to?  FIFA and their VP's
How does one begin systematic investigation of the TTFF?    Contact FIFA and their VP's
Could we trust that the TTFF is working  in the best interest of TNT football?No, they only have the best interest of  FIFA and their VP's at heart
What role does the government play in TTFF decision making?   NONE AT ALL

sorry but that is my humble opinion.
It Would be GREAT if it could change some time soon in the future.
De only constant is CHANGE!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2007, 07:07:05 AM »
Any word on  the training camp so far? are there any friendlies planned prior to the Gold Cup? Not even a little match with Venezuela? or Turks and Cacios?

Oh yeah this is the TTFF I talking about what de arse  I should know better than to expect  planning to even consider  friendlies? it's go be a hurry up announcement as per usual.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 07:58:39 AM »
Well they could always play WASA  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 08:26:56 AM »
Think theres an FPATT team available for friendlies next week lol

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »
Any word on  the training camp so far? are there any friendlies planned prior to the Gold Cup? Not even a little match with Venezuela? or Turks and Cacios?

Oh yeah this is the TTFF I talking about what de arse  I should know better than to expect  planning to even consider  friendlies? it's go be a hurry up announcement as per usual.

The camp is supposed to start 21st May.  In another thread, I read where there will be a friendly against Honduras before going flying off to the US of A......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Would we have the BEST Warriors to win the Gold Cup?
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 09:28:51 PM »
Well well well it seems  that as "the stomach turns" there are allegedly new developments  in this standoff of players versus TTFF. So today I ask the question: would we have the.......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 09:48:56 PM »
Funny how some people so...I have a team list  in this thread I asking the same questions and people so .... that they eh responding here yet another man start ah thread with the same thing and people talking.
So tell meh what is the latest in the saga today fuh  the Gold Cup team?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2007, 07:47:09 AM »
Two weeks prior to Gold Cup and what have we heard about preparations?
What do we know about the team?
What a time to have this fiasco taking place?
What is the level of fitness of the players in training?

Yuh think they could have a friendly against  an PL allstar team?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »
The way I see it, winning the Gold Cup is not the objective, for the simple reason that, be it with the Digicell Cup players, the World Cup players  (minus retirements) or a mixture of both, we won't be able to win it as we are not the strongest team in the region by any stretch of the imagination.

In any case, the Gold Cup has never been anything than a training exercise for the stronger teams, and a valuable international outing for the smaller ones. Winning it has never been more than a bonus, even though the first large tournament with no guests might have some added prestige.

The way I see it, this tournament is supposed to mark the changing of the guard. There are exactly 4 guys from the World Cup team that NEED to be on this team for different reasons altogether.

The BEST Warriors need to be there for World Cup qualification. What we need right now are tactical choices from a team mangement point of view.

Kenwyne Jones has to take his place as the logical successor to Stern John.
This is not to say that Stern is washed up, just that we need to stop for him to be the go to guy at this stage. He would be much better off being like one of the million "old penalty area foxes" that Italy goes to every world cup with, guys like del piero and inzaghi are obviously past their best but always capable of turning on the class and finishing off a wounded opponent.
Glenn is too injury proned, Roberts is too inexperienced, Sealy is too inconsistent, Scotland is already to old to be groomed as a pointman when you're gunning for 2010 and 2014

Chris Birchall must instill the work ethic in the whole team. This is the same work ethic that got us to Germany. Chris has 2 advantages, he is young and he is hardworking. He's the kind of player that doesn't say much but can inspire his teammates to good thing by the simple example he puts on the field. I don't see him becoming captain anytime, but i think he has the capacity to be the silent leader, the guy who forces everyone to lift their game by osmosis.
Right now he is going through a bad patch in his club and i wonder if he isn't thinking to himself that he made the wrong choice since this pay dispute started. Worst yet, he may feel used. All of this can't do anything for his confidence. Playing in the Gold Cup, and being seen as a senior member of the team in the tournament where he scored his first goal for the country can only help him boost his morale. And we need a confident and match fit Chris Birchall when qualifying comes around. Outside of the top 3 countries in Concacaf, I don't think any other team has a player who brings the same qualities to his team, whatever his technical shortcomings.

Brent Sancho will probably be the only WC defender with the right mix of experience and freshness when 2010 comes around and as such will be called upon to be the anchorman of the defense, in the same way the Marvin Andrews used to be.

Like Chris, he has been having problems with his club - he is in fact looking for one - and a good international tournament might be just what the doctor ordered. Like Chris, we need him match fit and confident when qualifying comes around.

Colin Samuel is in his prime footballing years right now and has just been released by his club. One of our few attacking options on the left, he can, sparing injury, partciipate in 2 World Cups again, given his age. We need to elaborate a consistent left side attacking strategy, get our strikers used to receiving balls from that side (and take pressure of of Carlos). For this Colin needs to get his confidence back. This is another guy we will need during qualifying, and he needs to know that he is no longer on the fringe of the team but he is an integral part of it.

Anyone else can be fit in as needed (older guys for a last hurrah/younger guys for experience/hardest by default etc) Whatever happens, this should be the backbone of the team

Ince will be the starting keeper simply because non of the rest are ready for this level, jack needs to work on his fitness and shaka should bow out on his wonderful wc perfomances
Telesford could should partner sancho in central defense if tallest don't get a bligh; avery should go on the left until someone finds a better option than depriving the right side of cyd gray (if gray plays he stays on the right). One of the digicell cup guys or atiba charles/anton pierre will go back behind carlos on the right.

Carlos can be on the rigt wing because he is an automatic selection. put birchall in defense mid next to him. I would have loved Whitley to be next to Me Mum, but slackness can't be helped. if we play with one defensive mid, me mum will be in the centre and we will put theobald (by default) in front of him, if we play 2, theobald (or tiger) will partner him on the left defensive mid.
samuel is compulsory on the let wing

The attack is a choice : if we play two defensive mid, i would put hardest (for spite) to feed Jones, if we play 1, put Scotland or Roberts on the same line with Kenwyne and leave out Theobald with Hardest playing his position in front of Birchall (poor ME Mum)

Whatever happens, if we're leading after the first half and we need to conserve the lead, there's no way that Hardest will play the whole game in the second scenario; Theobald will replace him

-------------------------------------------------Ince-------------------------------------
---Gray/Pierre/Charles/?-------Sancho-----------Telesford/Tallest-------John
-------------------------------------------------Birchall------------------------------------
-----------Edwards------------------------Hardest(Theobald)----------------------------------Samuel----------
----------------------------------------Jones----Scotland (Roberts)------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Ince-------------------------------------
---Gray/Pierre/Charles/?-------Sancho-----------Telesford/Tallest-------John
-----------------------------------Birchall---------Theobald--(Tiger)---------------------------------
-----------Edwards------------------------Hardest--------------------Samuel----------
------------------------------------------------Jones---------------------------------------------

I real wish we could play with only 3 defenders to free up a slot for Roberts or Scotty up top, but i have serious doubts about that...

I'let someone else handle the other subs, but as far as i see it this is the core of the team we should be playing with
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2007, 09:17:34 PM »
As of this day, do we still have the most formidable team to represent TNT?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2007, 07:25:37 AM »
Midknight you left out Cornell Glen. He might be injured at the moment, but he has not been used to his full potential. I would love to see Glen and Jones in the attack for 2010

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2007, 06:30:29 PM »
What the hell going on...every other team in the Gold Cup...have they best players on broad...and we still f**kin around with second and third hand players...damn went are we going to start gettin hour shit together

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
Midknight you left out Cornell Glen. He might be injured at the moment, but he has not been used to his full potential. I would love to see Glen and Jones in the attack for 2010

I didn't leave out Cornell. As far as I'm concerned he doesn't NEED to be in the Gold Cup for the simple reason that rushing him so fast into competition after his injury sounds like a recipe for him breaking down again.

Truth be told I would love to see him up front with Kenwyne for 2010 as well, but at the point at which he is, having him fit is almost like icing on the cake. Makes no sense building an attack around someone with glass legs, whatever his talent. If he's fit when the time comes, we just pencil him in as super sub/second striker.

While I admit it may sound harsh, I have no dislike for the man himself, I actually think he's the most exciting stiker we have and the only forward capable for the moment of ivinganother dimension to our attack. What I deplore is that the competent authorities didn't think it necessary to take care of his rehabilitation personally after the worldcup.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
What the hell going on...every other team in the Gold Cup...have they best players on broad...and we still f**kin around with second and third hand players...damn went are we going to start gettin hour shit together
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a crying shame!!!!! I move that we lobby hard and fast to have out best warriors represent us at the Gold Cup?

Who seconding and carrying the motion forward?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2007, 09:17:44 PM »
We are witnessing the systematic dismantling of the country's morale by one vicious narcissistic lunatic ... Jackula. Men go hang up dey football boots, put away dey flag and permanently withdraw dey rag because of he. Serious.

Make sure our children know the history when it's time to be told.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2007, 10:18:53 PM »
real sad to hear the report of ince, lawrence, scotland and the other warriors frmo the WC who just pull out of the Gold Cup squad

real wanted ince and scotland to go at least
steups

know this might be odd to ask but i hearing all kinda reports bout that money ting..
i thought it was the 1 million they were promised and they had a big ceremony in the Hasley Crawford Stadium? is that they bennin for???
that is what i thought it was

then someone tells me it is the money for the qualifying phases...all the games and friendlies as well...
so men like Tiger and Rojas and all who was in it at a point in time hada get somethng...
is it THAT moeny they didnt get??

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:58 AM »

They got the million and everything related to qualifying.

What they are not happy with is the bonus they had a verbal agreement with the TTFF for the actual World Cup itself.  So just the squad that went Germany.  This was the very last payment that related to the World Cup efforts and it was significantly smaller than they expected...they wanted to see the audited accounts to see how they came up with the figures and everything fall apart since then.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »
Just the yaer i decided to make the effort to fly and take in the games; i 4 king angry and pissed off ah the whole 4 king situation!!!! how is all this in the best interest of TNT football?

Yuh eh see the names on all the other sides from usa; canada and mexico? and who de  arse we have?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:21 PM »
Yuh eh see the names on all the other sides from usa; canada and mexico? and who de  arse we have?
cool yaself man, we team go have players like Hardest

;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »
cool yaself man, we team go have players like Hardest

;D

Yeeeaaahhhh......we are saved!!!!   ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>