June 10, 2024, 06:38:14 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards could miss T&T/USA match.  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Carlos Edwards could miss T&T/USA match.
« on: August 03, 2005, 06:37:28 AM »
Brent Rahim on trial at Port Vale.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Midfielder Brent Rahim has gone on trial at English League One side Port Vale.
The former Levski Sofia man joined the team of countrymen Chris Birchall and Hector Sam there last week after spending some time at American MLS side LA Galaxy last month, shortly after T&T's CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign.
Rahim played the entire match of Port Vale's preseason encounter with Newcastle Town last week and is hoping to come up with something from the club, even though admitting that he has not received positive feedback so far. This being because of the club's roster being filled for the start of the coming season.
"I'm trying to see how best things might work out here but the manager has already said that his team is filled. They have asked me to stay on and play a couple more games so I'll see how things happen over the next week or so," Rahim told TTFF Media on Tuesday.
Meantime, it appears that midfielder Carlos Edwards is still not fully recovered from his thigh strain and remains doubtful for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against the United States.
And defender Brent Sancho played another 90 in a closed door match for Kilmarnock, his third full appearance since coming off the hamstring strain. Sancho netted in the match against one of Scotland's giant clubs. "It looks better this time around but there are also a couple options available to me. Hopefully I'll be contracted to a club within a short period," Sancho said.
Andre Boucaud can be a star.
Peterborough Today.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago international midfield maestro Andre Boucaud has been tipped for big things in League Two. The enigmatic 20 year-old is set for a first-team starting place in the League Two opener against Chester at London Road on Saturday, providing he recovers from an ankle injury.
Posh boss Mark Wright confirmed that Boucaud would have started last weekend's friendly against Birmingham when the likely first choice XI played for the first hour of the game.
Wright said: "Andre is a very good player going forward with the ball at his feet. There are some issues with his defensive work, but we've been working on him and I think he's taking what we want from him on board.
"He suffered an ankle injury out of the blue in training last week when we were just doing some crossing and shooting which was a shame because he would have played against Birmingham.
"Andre is one of a few injury problems we have at the moment, but he is the most likely of them to be fit for the Chester match. "He didn't play much in the first team last season, but he has ability and I expect him to be a big player this year." Boucaud started just 15 first-team games last season for Peterborough United, scoring one goal in a 4-0 win over Port Vale.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 07:24:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Edwards could miss T&T/USA match.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 06:57:21 AM »
wE Need edwards in this game he is a key player
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 07:05:15 AM »
OH LARD OH LARD OH LARD!!! :o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :o
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 07:32:11 AM »
Just the kind of news we needed 14 days before kick-off. But didn't they say since the Gold Cup that it was a minor injury. It's almost a month now and the injury has not healed properly as yet, seems to me to be more serious than they let us think.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Sos: An untested Josh Johnson is needed.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 07:41:43 AM »
He should have been in the camp before if he ios selected now he'd virtually be a rookie .....leo might end up throwing in mr local leaguestarcyahdonothingonthenatinalteam seaton again despite the fact that anytime he put on the national team un iform he does tootoo down he self and people wonder why bertil wasnt selecting him...practice champ.....throw johnson into the fire.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 08:08:11 AM »
Boucard had some good performances for TnT under St Claire in the earlies He should definetly still be in the fold.

We too quick to drop men off the screen.

They should at least be invided to train with the team and what is more we should be having practice games just for the fringe players

for example
when the first team playing gold cup

The second 11 could have been playing a warm up game against a Tobago 11

it dont have to be nothing big but at least now that a man injured we not scrambling to know who to pick.

Take for example our current issue with Right Wing.

In recent times I have only seem 2 wingers in TnT over the last few years
Carlos Edwards
Josh Johnson

These are the only 2 players in TnT who can play out wide attack space with speed and provide a good cross.

Josh is on the fring of the team and maybe he is not good enough to make the 18 squad

But He should be involved in a second 11 team so that in cases like these he would be more ready and we would have more confidence that he can fall in.

Now it means we have to put a none winger on the right like Rahim or Theobald

So our attack becomes more predictable and central.

Penetration down the wing is a must have in football.

Where is our back up plan
Where is our second 11

The US have Beasly, Lewis, Ralston, Noonan, Klien etc

Beasly and Lewis start most games but the other men always in the camps and in the fold to fall in when needed.

Reason for losing in the Gold Cup
Edwards and Yorke Missing

Let me see what the reson for loosing in the US game go be.

Like we dont learn, where is the back up!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 08:13:27 AM »
I wish dem fellas the best.. but I have to ask- Is it good to have 3 possible members of the national team on the same team overseas? I fully understand the working relationship thing..but which manager will be willing to be without 3 members of his team whilst on national duty?

One manager don wish we bad when "me mum" was on Gold Cup duty!

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 08:27:26 AM »
I wish dem fellas the best.. but I have to ask- Is it good to have 3 possible members of the national team on the same team overseas? I fully understand the working relationship thing..but which manager will be willing to be without 3 members of his team whilst on national duty?

Should not be a problem.  You can ask the FA for match postponements when a significant percentage of your team is away on International Duty.  Wrexham did this all the time when Tallest, Hector and Carlos Edwards were all playing regularly for T&T.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 08:29:22 AM »

One manager don wish we bad when "me mum" was on Gold Cup duty!

I remember one of the coaches saying something about when at least three players are out on international duty for WCQ, they're allowed to reschedule their club games. Something to that effect.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 08:55:47 AM »
We go miss Carlos if he not dey....dat is fuh sure.

But

Josh Johnson to de rescue.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »
Was Josh Johnson ever invited to a Beenie tryout ? I don't remember, or allyuh fellas hoping Beenie recognizes he hot and overlook a previous or newer trialist? Maybe ah missed dah one

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
I remember one of the coaches saying something about when at least three players are out on international duty for WCQ, they're allowed to reschedule their club games. Something to that effect.

It was the same Port Vale manager who said it when he got Hector...but based on Valiant and them reports, is only cause he and hector have the same agent he there and is rahim sound like he know they doh want him. Question though...can Rahim still get a work permit? Why is he even in England trying? He have citizenship or something or he really play that much for us in the past year? or do they count once u inthe squad?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:31:45 AM by Tallman »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 11:07:30 AM »
no carlos............ birchall in his more comfortable role on the right wing

yorke attackin midfield like in the costarica game and jone and stern can strike i really think its time for jones and stern to try sumtihng together with anything fast(glenn, norray, ) comin off the bench to run taht usa side hard
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 06:06:26 PM »
Allyuh doh frighten..... i read it in the stars ..Carlos will be ok for the USA clash.

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 07:00:29 PM »
Allyuh doh frighten..... i read it in the stars ..Carlos will be ok for the USA clash.

ok madame cleo!..lol  ;D ;D :
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>