May 28, 2024, 08:35:49 PM

Author Topic: Euro U21 Semi - Hengland vs Holland  (Read 4870 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Euro U21 Semi - Hengland vs Holland
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »
Typical England side = Typical England Defect

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 01:21:06 PM »
will we ever win a bloody penalty shootout

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »

Its never gonna happen. I mean, you score 12 penalties and still lose. That must be an international record!

Its just bad mojo when you combine the words England with penalty shoot out.

Bollocks, bring back the golden goal!

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »

Its never gonna happen. I mean, you score 12 penalties and still lose. That must be an international record!

I surprise Holland win a penalty shoot out.... how much time holland get knockout of a competiton on penalties

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 02:02:54 PM »

I surprise Holland win a penalty shoot out.... how much time holland get knockout of a competiton on penalties

Apparently not as often as England  ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 02:15:27 PM »
either an amicable holland vs. belgium final or holland vs. the racists.

care to explain what your axe is with the Serbians? As usual you seem to be generalizing quite unnecessarily ...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »

care to explain what your axe is with the Serbians? As usual you seem to be generalizing quite unnecessarily ...

maybe this article can shed some light

Serbian FA chief slams racism at finals

BELGRADE, June 19 (Reuters) - The president of the Serbian Football Association (FSS) Zvezdan Terzic has criticised Serbian fans who directed racist abuse at England's black players during their European Under-21 championship match in the Netherlands.

'For all their enthusiasm and patriotism, our fans must understand that outbursts of nationalism and racism will only cause damage to our soccer and our country's reputation,' Terzic told Belgrade's B92 television.

'They have to control themsleves and be aware that such behaviour will be of no benefit to our team,' he said.

UEFA has charged both England and Serbia for incidents during and after the match with the Serbs facing charges of racism and improper conduct after England's second goal in their 2-0 win. England have been charged for incidents in the tunnel after the game.

Serbian fans behind a banner reading 'Serbian Ultras' subjected England's black players to monkey charts during the match. The referee stopped the game and ordered an announcement to be made over the stadium's public address system.

European soccer's governing body UEFA said its disciplinary committee will consider all the charges at its next meeting on July 12 but would take no action before then.

But Terzic also poured scorn on England for 'unsporstmanlike conduct' for the manner they scored their second goal while a Serbian player was down injured.

Matt Derbyshire made it 2-0 after 77 minutes, going on to score instead of kicking the ball out of play when a Serbian defender was lying injured.

Terzic said: ''The whole stadium was shocked because English players have the reputation of being gentlemen who honour the fair-play code.

'There is no excuse for the fact that they didn't kick the ball out into touch when our entire team stood still expecting them to do so,' he said.

Derbyshire explained: 'I can understand why they were angry but I didn't see the player on the ground. Footballers play to the whistle and the whistle didn't go so I carried on playing.'

The English FA brought in a directive after last year's World Cup finals that play should continue even if an opponent is down unless the referee blows to stop the action.

With England playing the Dutch hosts and Serbia facing Belgium in Wednesday's semi-finals, both teams could meet again in Saturday's final in Groningen.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 05:14:43 PM »

maybe this article can shed some light

Serbian FA chief slams racism at finals

BELGRADE, June 19 (Reuters) - The president of the Serbian Football Association (FSS) Zvezdan Terzic has criticised Serbian fans who directed racist abuse at England's black players during their European Under-21 championship match in the Netherlands.

'For all their enthusiasm and patriotism, our fans must understand that outbursts of nationalism and racism will only cause damage to our soccer and our country's reputation,' Terzic told Belgrade's B92 television.

'They have to control themsleves and be aware that such behaviour will be of no benefit to our team,' he said.

UEFA has charged both England and Serbia for incidents during and after the match with the Serbs facing charges of racism and improper conduct after England's second goal in their 2-0 win. England have been charged for incidents in the tunnel after the game.

Serbian fans behind a banner reading 'Serbian Ultras' subjected England's black players to monkey charts during the match. The referee stopped the game and ordered an announcement to be made over the stadium's public address system.

European soccer's governing body UEFA said its disciplinary committee will consider all the charges at its next meeting on July 12 but would take no action before then.

But Terzic also poured scorn on England for 'unsporstmanlike conduct' for the manner they scored their second goal while a Serbian player was down injured.

Matt Derbyshire made it 2-0 after 77 minutes, going on to score instead of kicking the ball out of play when a Serbian defender was lying injured.

Terzic said: ''The whole stadium was shocked because English players have the reputation of being gentlemen who honour the fair-play code.

'There is no excuse for the fact that they didn't kick the ball out into touch when our entire team stood still expecting them to do so,' he said.

Derbyshire explained: 'I can understand why they were angry but I didn't see the player on the ground. Footballers play to the whistle and the whistle didn't go so I carried on playing.'

The English FA brought in a directive after last year's World Cup finals that play should continue even if an opponent is down unless the referee blows to stop the action.

With England playing the Dutch hosts and Serbia facing Belgium in Wednesday's semi-finals, both teams could meet again in Saturday's final in Groningen.

Indeed it does, and yet its still unnecessary generalizing.

It would suffice to say that you're not supporting Serbia to win after their fans' behaviour. I think we would all get the picture, and no one would fault you for it.

Just a thought...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>