June 15, 2024, 07:55:02 PM

Poll

Should Stern John be called back for the remaining game ?

Yes
6 (19.4%)
No
9 (29%)
Not Sure
1 (3.2%)
As A Sub
15 (48.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Stern John  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Stern John
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:44:53 AM »
Fellas, I came back for T&T Friday, everything pass decent, I only saw the second half and piece of the first, because I had to meet with family and thing, sorry I couldn't come.

From what I saw in the second half I find de team did good, but we still need work like de final 3rd not there, we allowed USA to much time on the ball and we players not supporting they runs, they passes, they not supporting other players like looking for the return ball and not working off de ball. Atleast Beenhakker saw the weak links and made good subs. Atiba really let meh down.

When we was up to it we really made USA look ordinary, shows what we are capable of, we just need some work and a good dam finisher who dont fraid to shoot, Yorke and all had some chance to shoot, what de hell them men does wait on..

Birchall eh no wing player, he to slow, he look better more center and he needs more of the ball also, he needs the support.

Spann is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!

Sancho is a boss !!!!!!!!!!!

Jack is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrews is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!! I hear he didn't do good in de first half though. I fraid him as a last defender though, USA was finding space and running pass Andrews like Darrel Brown vs Nigel Pierre.

Yorke is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and should play central.

Jones is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawrence is a BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sealy and Avery fight it.....

Whitley, fight it, but nothing special, he lacking confidence.

Something wrong to Stern John allyuh.... a player cant get so shittie all of a sudden, atleast GUA dont know that... I will pick any player right now infront Stern John.... SOS.. Kerry Noray, Glen, Anthony Wolfe, Josh Johnson, Nixon, Joel Bailey, Dwarika, Glasgow, Scotland, Conrad Smith, Kevin Nelson, Hector Sam (anybody)....... Stern John if yuh reading this, nothing personal bro, but you need to contribute (something).... just something, anything.

We have some real ballers here, but Guatemala is a very attacking team and through de center, a place where we does get tie-up bad bad because we defenders slow. Maybe vs CRC Avery and Sancho could hold center and let Andrews play defensive midfield, I know Avery is a wild man but with he and Snacho center it might ease de pressure on him.

vs GUA, we need to win (3-5-2):

Jack
Edwards        Sancho         Avery
                    Andrews
Spann     Birchall      Yorke    Wolfe
             Sealy          Jones           

This is why we needed Rougier , he could play de RB good and Dwarika and Eve is good men off de bench. What about Keyeno, Ian Gray, Nigel Daniel, Rickey Shakes, Andre Boucaud and Kerry Baptiste ?

Anton Pierre or Ian Cox for right back ?

PS: Allyuh see Nathan Ellington being sold for 4.5 million pounds.... PNM f**k up.... 2 good players we could have had, Ellington and Rocastle..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 06:28:06 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 06:44:21 AM »
Too many turnovers from the T&T football team.
R Butcher (T&T Express).

Does anybody realise that Trinidad and Tobago had almost 60 turnovers in the second half alone in their 1-0 loss to the USA?
How can you play soccer at a world-class level and commit 60 turnovers and expect to be competitive? They are ridiculous. The Soca Warriors were simply embarrassing. I would take a guess that no one's keeping statistics on the sidelines. When I watch these games, they are all sitting on the sidelines looking dumbfounded.
They kept giving the ball back to the USA and goading them to try and score on them. Thank God for our goalkeeper, who had a remarkable game. If it weren't for him we would have lost by at least four goals.
Also, how in your right mind do you give up a goal 90 minutes into a World Cup qualifying contest?  I'll tell you how?  Their minds were not focused on the objective. Those boys need hugs!
Every man jack would be cut if I were managing this team. Am I supposed to believe that's the best soccer athletes available in a country that's predominantly soccer oriented?

Give me a break!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 07:19:15 AM »
Posted by Autogolazo on Bigsoccer.

RE: As I look back across 6 games that T&T has played so far in the Hex, I count exactly ONE goal scored by a T&T forward--Stern John off a partial deflection against Panama.

That's it--one goal in six games scored by a forward for T&T.

That's an absolutely atrocious strike rate up top.

It's bad enough that they've only had 4 goals total.

At this point, I'd think Scott Sealy could give them a goal or two that could put them in contention for that 4th spot. Panama is practically out of it. Guatemala is next up in Port of Spain. They're the direct rival for that spot. Sealy is setting MLS on fire with timely, if not spectacular, goals with the Wizards.

The man deserves to start for T&T.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 10:12:33 AM »
Allyuh make out Coventry leave out Stern and dey win big today
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kaylex

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 12:32:20 PM »
ok ... for those of you who don;t know .. this is a new person on the chat ... i am in new york right now on vacation coming home on tuesday ..lord personal view.. let me know what u think /??

Stern John ... needs to be dropped ... he not hungry for it anymore... we need wins right now .. not we did better and we need to work on this and that ... wake up fellas...  no more excuses ... drop stern ... utmost nonsense...

Kelvin Jack ... Learn to kick the ball properly. thank god u are a big fella so that help u alot... good saves though...but learn to put the ball atleast close to some one when doign goal kicks..

Spann... u a boss ... but i think u can be utilised in a better position ... but u look like anywhere u go u will make something happen. Trinidad i am sure you can see the professionalism within his actions....

there was a posting here callign for angus eve... he shouldn;t even be playing professional football .. should be demoted to small goal on the streets... what i would call a shit snake.. leave him where he is...

Mr Birchall/// fella ... u need to be consistent .. u looked terrible .. in my opinion .. looking like u can;t giv us a full 90... but keep it coming fella .. i think he would play muchbetter in the defensive midfield..

Dog... yuh tackles timely ..u are what i would call a bruiser.. but lord... learn to kick the ball place it on someone .. kicking the balll requires.. 60 % technique and 40% power ...remember that ... place the ball nah lord.. yuh killing we...

yorke..
too much weight on his shoulders..and let's be real at yorkies age he can;t give a full 90 ... a 60  probably .. then birchall coming on to play a holding midfield position ...

in the final analysis ... no time for mistakes... trinidadians are much stronger physically .. that aspect of our game lacking .. these fella don;t watch paulo maldini or what ...them white boys weak .. bruise them .. time for them fellas to feel the pounds...

get real and start winning...
world cup is a must yorkie ... this is yuh last...
let yuh boyz know what time it is ..

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 06:08:48 PM »
Posted by Autogolazo on Bigsoccer.

RE: As I look back across 6 games that T&T has played so far in the Hex, I count exactly ONE goal scored by a T&T forward--Stern John off a partial deflection against Panama.

That's it--one goal in six games scored by a forward for T&T.

That's an absolutely atrocious strike rate up top.

It's bad enough that they've only had 4 goals total.

At this point, I'd think Scott Sealy could give them a goal or two that could put them in contention for that 4th spot. Panama is practically out of it. Guatemala is next up in Port of Spain. They're the direct rival for that spot. Sealy is setting MLS on fire with timely, if not spectacular, goals with the Wizards.

The man deserves to start for T&T.

bigsoccer posters are u.s fans who just pick up the game and dont know shit(for the most part). i was checkin it out recently and theyre so excited over the atmosphere in hartford and taking credit for it. the trini fans made the atmosphere and we made up at least 30% of the crowd. anyway, this poster is right regarding our strikers but its just funny some of the crap u can read over there
Hart for president

1]; } ?>