June 15, 2024, 05:00:21 PM

Author Topic: brown missing in action  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
brown missing in action
« on: March 22, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »
Well he is no where to be seen in the 200 m

Jamaica National Championship Meet
Utech 50th Anniversary Track & Field Classic - 3/22/2008
3/22/2008

Event 25 Men 200 Meter Dash
=======================================================================
Name Year Team Finals Points
Finals
1 Carter, Nesta Mvp Track Club 20.38
2 Frater, Michael Mvp Track Club 20.81
3 Amoo, Seth Ghana 20.93
4 Romero, Yunier Manuel Fajardo 20.99
5 Amador, Adalberto University of Pu 21.60
6 Trusty, Micheal Lincoln University 21.71
7 Sinclair, Giovanni Atletico Track Club 22.22
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: brown missing in action
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »
I dunno what to say about that youth man ..... just wasting my time with the high hopes for him

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:44:03 AM »
Ato yuh sure yuh still want to leave Sherone Simpson off yuh contenders list for 2008?? ???

Event 14  Women 400 Meter Dash Invitational
    Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Points
Finals                                                                 
  1 Simpson, Sherone             Mvp Track Club           51.25       
  2 Sutherland, Sonita           Sprint Tech              51.32       
  3 Walker, Melaine              Mvp Track Club           51.61       
  4 Stewart, Keron               Auburn Elite             52.08       
  5 Wright, Kou                  Akan Track Club          53.63       
  6 McPherson, Stephanie         University of Te         54.95       
  7 Bailey, Aleen                Royalty Track Club       56.00 
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
And where is Burns? I been salivating at the porspaect of having a fit and in form Thompson, Burns and Brown to form the base of the 400 relay in Beijing, but I guess that does not look real good.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline jw107

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »
  Darrel ran the third leg on the relay.

Impressive anchor leg from Powell

World 100m record holder Asafa Powell was impressive on his anchor leg for MVP Track Club at Saturday's University of Technology (UTech) 50th Anniversary Track Classic at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica (22 March).

Powell, who received the baton with a comfortable lead from Trinidad & Tobago's 2003 World Championships 100m silver medallist Darrell Brown, strolled to an easy team victory in 39.22 seconds.

Nester Carter and Jamaica's 2005 World Championships 100m silver medallist Michael Frater completed the quartet, which beat UTech Track Club (39.93) and UTech (40.01) to better the four times listed so far this season.

G. C. Foster College (44.12) won the women's 4x100m ahead of Sprint Tech (46.45).

Sprinter Sherone Simpson improved on her 400m time with an impressive 51.25 seconds to beat two-time World Junior Championships 400m silver medallist Sonita Sutherland (51.32) and Melaine Walker (51.61).

In the men's 200m, Carter, a member of Jamaica's silver medal sprint relay team in Osaka, raced to victory in a personal best 20.38 seconds to beat Frater (20.81) and Ghana's Seth Amoo (20.93).

Andrew Hinds of Barbados improved to 10.20 to win the men's 100m while Shericka Williams won the women´s 100 m in 11.49.

Oniel Wright of Liberia ran 51.38 to win the men's 400m hurdles ahead of Cuban Yasel Abril (51.91).

Great Britain's Germaine Mason, a member of MVP Track Club, won the men's High Jump with a leap of 2.15m while Jovanee Jarrett leapt 6.61m to win the women's Long Jump.

World Championships medallist Brigitte Foster-Hylton made a solid return to the hurdles with an easy win in 13.16 seconds.

Anthony Foster for the IAAF

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »
When there is a 200 he somehow does not show up - and I'm sorry 39 anything for this group is pitiful.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
I getting the impression that he not up for it ..... if he not willing to do the work he won't do anything

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
I getting the impression that he not up for it ..... if he not willing to do the work he won't do anything

Ngozi, you absolutely right.  Somebody needs to tell Darrell that breaking records at 17 don't mean nothing if you don't do the hard work and exibit the discipline throughout your career.  Ato, can you get throgh these your sprinter's skull?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »
I have tried to be supportive yet honest about everything that has gone down with the TWO B's and to be honest it is hte number one question I get now when I am travelling....WHAT HAPPENED TO BURNS AND BROWN.

I will support all my countrymen with my heart but my head knows damn well where to look for the next world beater from TNT.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
Like everybody missing in action on this site. Nothing for the last 5 days. Leh me push some wood in the fire. Boycott Beijing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 08:26:57 PM »
Like everybody missing in action on this site. Nothing for the last 5 days. Leh me push some wood in the fire. Boycott Beijing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....nothing of note happening in the track world to talk about, but this weekend Richard, Kelly-Ann and Keston Bledman will be running their openers. Fana Ashby, Ayana Hutchinson and a two others are also suppose to be running a 4x1 at the Florida relays this weekend.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 05:54:19 AM »

LOL....nothing of note happening in the track world to talk about, but this weekend Richard, Kelly-Ann and Keston Bledman will be running their openers. Fana Ashby, Ayana Hutchinson and a two others are also suppose to be running a 4x1 at the Florida relays this weekend.

where is beldman going to run
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 07:44:35 AM »
He is also running at the Florida relays. Xavier Carter and Steve Mullings are also entrants in the 100m, so he will have good competition.
You can find the link to both male and female entry lists here..............
http://www.gatorzone.com/trackfield/floridarelays/

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »
He is also running at the Florida relays. Xavier Carter and Steve Mullings are also entrants in the 100m, so he will have good competition.

Last Question who is beldmans coach? and i see he has signed a contract with addidas  :applause: i wonder when mr burns going to run........... his opener....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 03:54:12 PM »
Cool!!! Everybody wake up from a deep sleep!!!. I'll check the results.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »

Last Question who is beldmans coach? and i see he has signed a contract with addidas  :applause: i wonder when mr burns going to run........... his opener....

To be honest with you I cannot remember the name of the man's coach right now. Hopefully Ato or someone else in the know pass through.

If memory serves me right Marc didn't have his first individual race until the Doha meet, so I don't know if he's doing the same this year. I just hope he ain't running that 10.2x nonsense like he was running last year.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 12:28:51 AM »
why is Darrel NOT running anything
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 07:18:45 AM »
I see that Michelle-Lee Ahye is also an entry for both the 100 and 200m that comes as a big surprise didn't she just injure herself in the Carifta games. Nevertheless go Michelle do us proud!!!!!!! It would be nice to see all our girls running solid times and even better if the 15yr old could beat the two 'veterans'. Seeing that Ms Ashby is running would it be safe to assume that her debts have been cleared? I hope we can see the Fana Ashby of 2004/5 who ran that just slightly wind aided(+2.2m/s) time of 11.03s but she has been out of competition long so its just a hope. A big let down with Fana is that she seems to run well at home but when elsewhere she performs poorly or she will run well in prelims and tie up in finals e.g. 2004 NCAA outdoor champs, 11.20PB in prelims and eight place finish in finals, another is after running so well in Trinidad (11.03w, 11.12) she just did crap in the olympics (11.43(1st round), 11.54(2nd round)). Just 1 more thing correct me if i'm wrong but Fana and Bianca Knight have similar builds and runnin techniques but 1 is a lot faster i think Fana should take some tips.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »
I see that Michelle-Lee Ahye is also an entry for both the 100 and 200m that comes as a big surprise didn't she just injure herself in the Carifta games. Nevertheless go Michelle do us proud!!!!!!! It would be nice to see all our girls running solid times and even better if the 15yr old could beat the two 'veterans'. Seeing that Ms Ashby is running would it be safe to assume that her debts have been cleared? I hope we can see the Fana Ashby of 2004/5 who ran that just slightly wind aided(+2.2m/s) time of 11.03s but she has been out of competition long so its just a hope. A big let down with Fana is that she seems to run well at home but when elsewhere she performs poorly or she will run well in prelims and tie up in finals e.g. 2004 NCAA outdoor champs, 11.20PB in prelims and eight place finish in finals, another is after running so well in Trinidad (11.03w, 11.12) she just did crap in the olympics (11.43(1st round), 11.54(2nd round)). Just 1 more thing correct me if i'm wrong but Fana and Bianca Knight have similar builds and runnin techniques but 1 is a lot faster i think Fana should take some tips.

Yea i would say that they have similar a build, but B.K. is a bit 'thicker'. As far as the running styles goes, I can't even comment because is so long since i have seen Fana run. I just hope they ain't over running poor Michelle-Lee.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:31:04 PM by Aviator »

1]; } ?>