June 15, 2024, 06:30:28 PM

Author Topic: We will hold on to this coach while elsewhere  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We will hold on to this coach while elsewhere
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:46:57 AM »
Coach Donadoni set for Italy exit

Italy are poised to part company with coach Roberto Donadoni after their exit from Euro 2008, BBC Sport understands.

The Italian Soccer Federation has yet to confirm that Donadoni has left the post and reports in the Italian media say a meeting is set for next week.

Speculation about his future has been mounting since Italy's quarter-final defeat by Spain on penalties on Sunday. Donadoni, who took over in 2006, signed a two-year extension in June, which contained a get-out for both sides.

"I don't have a reason. We only lost a game on penalties. You can't say things work when you win but don't work when you lose on penalties. We will talk and decide. It doesn't make any sense to talk about whether I deserve to carry on."

Italian football federation president, Giancarlo Abete, gave no clues as to whether his coach would be retained when asked after the defeat on Sunday.

"Over the next few days we will reflect and make a decision about this," he said.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:50:34 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We will hold on to this coach while elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:51:30 PM »
Dem livin in d real world we in coo coo land
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »
So if they had won on penalties would he have retained his job?

Only reason that I am asking is becasue Maturana's team is still alive and kicking in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers!

Italy seems to be living in coo-coo land.  Firing a coach like that for no good reason.

Maturana does not have my confidence, just addressing the points.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:00:04 PM »
I would remove even if dey did win dey whole ting dey eh look impressive 4 d entire championship. They coulda pass it off as goin out on top but Italy like dey need new ideas.

If yuh team wukin magic 2 beat Bermuda d coach has 2 answer
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:06:29 PM »
I would remove even if dey did win dey whole ting dey eh look impressive 4 d entire championship. They coulda pass it off as goin out on top but Italy like dey need new ideas.

If yuh team wukin magic 2 beat Bermuda d coach has 2 answer

the coach or the players? whitley made a statement that they took the game for granted and losing was a wake up call, how does that equate to maturana's coaching ability, or is it really the players attitude on the pitch and their approach to the game

God is de BOSS...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
I guess he took dem 4 granted 2 because he tried a new formation that he eh use b4 he had a chance 1 wk b4

1]; } ?>