June 15, 2024, 04:39:43 PM

Author Topic: Eighteen-man squad named for back to back friendlies.  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Eighteen-man squad named for back to back friendlies.
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana named an 18-man squad on Monday which included captain Aurtis Whitley to face Haiti and El Salvador in back to back warm up internationals before traveling to Havana for this country’s first semi-final round World Cup qualifier against Cuba.

The team, which departs this Friday for Port-Au-Prince, is a fully local-based outfit but includes some well known faces with Whitley making a return after being declared fit following an ankle blow which forced him to miss the recent 2-0 win over the Haitians at the Marvin Lee Stadium.

Also in the squad are Keon Daniel and Clyde Leon who both missed the last encounter due to injury. Experienced midfielder Densill Theobald, Cyd Gray and forward Cornell Glen are all on the list as well.

Following the second friendly international against El Salvador at the RFK Stadium, Washington on August 14, the squad will then be adjusted with the inclusion of the selected overseas pros for the clash with Cuba. That squad will be announced after the affair with El Salvador. The Central Americans are preparing for their World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica on August 20 and are also grouped with Haiti and Suriname.

“I think these two games are in good timing for us because we must see how the team progresses before Cuba. I want to see these players and then of course we will have our players from overseas come in to join us for Cuba. There will not be major changes but same time I think the squad now will be very keen to do well again versus Haiti and El Salvador and it will give us a good idea of our position for our first semi-final round match,” Maturana told TTFF Media.

Glen, coming off a goalscoring performance against the Haitians, said he’s slowly falling back into his own. “I still have some progress to make but I’m also starting to feel like my old self and that’s always a positive sign when you’ve been injured or away for some time. I have had a lot of bad injuries and hopefully that’s something of the past. As of scoring the goal, I felt good about that because I have worked a lot in the past few weeks and it’s paying off now. I just want to keep on playing and maintain my spot on the team. I always want to make a contribution to the team,” Glen said.

When asked about the foreseen contest for starting roles in the striking department, the former LA Galaxy forward noted: “There’s always been a strong competition for places in the forward line for the national team so it’s nothing new to me. The main thing is to keep focused and work hard and the rest will happen. Once the team is benefiting then that’s the important thing. Our main focus is to get winning results. We may not have looked pretty in the first half against Haiti but I prefer to win and get to a World Cup and not look pretty rather than look pretty and stay home.”

The team resumes training at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Tuesday and will continue with sessions until Thursday before departing for Port-Au-Prince on Friday.

These are the 18 players that shall be featured in the Haiti and El Salvador matches

1.Marvin Phillip
2.Cleon John
3.Makan Hislop
4.Densill Theobold
5.Cyd Gray
6.Aurtis Whitley
7.Aklie Edwards
8.Keyeno Thomas
9.Radanfah Abu Bakr
10.Keon Daniel
11.Khaleem Hyland
12.Gyasi Joyce
13.Kerry Baptiste
14.Akeil Guevara 
15.Anthony Wolfe
16.Clyde Leon 
17.Cornell Glen
18.Andre Toussaint
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:55:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eighteen-man squad named for back to back friendlies.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »
How long players are 2 b released b4 a WCQ. D El Salvador game is 6 days b4 d game v Cuba and no foreign base avialable. Then by d wave of a magic 1 d foreign base ride in and all will b well.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
i think is only 3 days they have but bear in mind this game on the 20th is only 4 days afyter the prem start and a week after championship

i expect normal trouble for release

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »
Norml trouble is ah understatement especially after d KJ incident
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »
The foreign based need to be with their clubs right now. There's no reason why we shouldn't beat Cuba with this squad. See you in South Africa  :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »
The foreign based need to be with their clubs right now. There's no reason why we shouldn't beat Cuba with this squad. See you in South Africa  :beermug:

Boy I did say de same thing bout Bermuda.....   :devil: ;D :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 01:38:01 PM »

Boy I did say de same thing bout Bermuda.....   :devil: ;D :beermug:

I did also, but let's be honest - the current squad may not be our "best", but they have been getting the results, and if on their game will be hard to beat within CONCACAF. I am confident that this team will receive "Warrior Hero" status soon. Cheers

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

These are the 18 players that shall be featured in the Haiti and El Salvador matches

1.Marvin Phillip
2.Cleon John
3.Makan Hislop
4.Densill Theobold
5.Cyd Gray
6.Aurtis Whitley
7.Aklie Edwards - We really don't have anyone better than this fella?
8.Keyeno Thomas
9.Radanfah Abu Bakr
10.Keon Daniel
11.Khaleem Hyland
12.Gyasi Joyce
13.Kerry Baptiste
14.Akeil Guevara ? 
15.Anthony Wolfe
16.Clyde Leon 
17.Cornell Glen
18.Andre Toussaint
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »
How long players are 2 b released b4 a WCQ. D El Salvador game is 6 days b4 d game v Cuba and no foreign base avialable. Then by d wave of a magic 1 d foreign base ride in and all will b well.

i think is only 3 days they have but bear in mind this game on the 20th is only 4 days afyter the prem start and a week after championship

It's 5 days before one of the international dates on FIFA's calendar.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 04:55:17 PM »
So is a WCQ not as impt as a FIFA date so it should b 5 days 4 Cuba then

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »
whey birchall???

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
Hopefully he go b called after d El Salvador game where d side 4 Cuba go b name

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »
Question how much goals wolfe score this season in the proleague?  ... not even  belgrave getting a run.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
Question how much goals wolfe score this season in the proleague?  ... not even  belgrave getting a run.....

According to ttproleague less than Wolfry Wolfe.

Joe Public     Wolfry Wolfe     2
North East Stars    Anthony Wolfe    1

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »

Nah, nah...stop de press....somebody watch dey new born pickney and name him Wolfry Wolfe??  :o  :o Dais ah nickname right??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »

Nah, nah...stop de press....somebody watch dey new born pickney and name him Wolfry Wolfe?? :o :o Dais ah nickname right??

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 08:52:04 PM »
Starting lineup will be:
                              Marvin Phillip

Cyd Gray  Makan Hislop  Keyeno Thomas  Aklie Edwards

Khaleem Hyland Clyde Leon Aurtis Whitley  Densill Theobold  Keon Daniel

Cornell Glen

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »
Starting lineup will be:
                              Marvin Phillip

Cornell Glen

Can anyone truly explain what this player strong point are? Why is that he gets into the team consistently? Can't be serious.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
Starting lineup will be:
                              Marvin Phillip

Cornell Glen

Can anyone truly explain what this player strong point are? Why is that he gets into the team consistently? Can't be serious.
I aint put he dey.  Im just going by Maturana's history.  I been right pridicting these stuff.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:43:50 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »
Maturana cant be dat chupid to start one forward again...Daniel dont have to start this one..midfield for this game should be Hyland, Whitley, Leon and Theobald

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 10:18:52 PM »
1 forward has been so successful y change it now. How u go call d coach chupid but wait yuh name eh weary so u free 2 c dat d coach is a clown because u eh Wim wife like mehself

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 10:44:24 PM »
Just a thought....even though some people cry it down in a nex thread... :devil:....

Aight....the tactical football view these days seem to have made the 4-5-1/4-3-3 into the formation that gives you the most so to speak. This formation was particularly well used against us by england......because our midfield had no chance against that english midfield....and we know what happened there. Now.....if we were to really use this formation...what would our options be? Whitley seems to be relishing the fact that theobald and leon would be able to free him from being shackled as a defensive mid....so....who would be the overlapping wingers/withdrawn strikers in this? If we using glen alone up top....it obvious that he go have he work cut out for him...especially with whitley alone being primarily responsible for service.....unless our wingers get into it more. Assuming that this 4-5-1 is supposed to be used as the basis to morph into 4-3-3-...why no tinto?  Ideally...i could see this team

Gray       Hislop          Thomas           Edwards( who else it have?)
                                                   Leon              Theobald
                                       Tinto           Whitley                  Conell
                                                        Glen

However....tinto and conell eh really known for contributing defensively...leaving us exposed on the wings. Kerry Baptiste provides some options....Toussaint as well...though small...has a degree of trickery...

In short...i asking...wha you think really is the best formation for this team if not the 4-5-1? Throwing up an extra striker leaves us thin in the middle or at the back. One striker that eh mobile would stagnate the attack. Unless the two defensive mids step up and help the one attacking mid...a mobile striker would be stranded with little help. So...wha allyuh think?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 11:01:59 PM »
I prefer d 4-4-2. Neva in favour of 1 striker especially Corneal eh fit it just makes no sense 2 have he alone up front. He was a disaster v Haiti. I would luv 2 c Aurtis back playin d attack mid. It is his shot dat reboud 4 Stern 2 score v Mexico so we know what he potentially could do

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 02:24:42 AM »

It's 5 days before one of the international dates on FIFA's calendar.

Just 48 hours . CONCACAF play qualifiers on a FIFA friendly match date August 20

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 07:58:42 AM »
yep international friendly date so only 2 days reprive

is it just me but is 18 men and only 2 strikers kinda dumb
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 08:32:24 AM »

How come Wolfry can't get a call?  madness

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
Not dumb if u plan 2 only play 1 man up front what is d odds that d 2 ah dem go get injured in training

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »

How come Wolfry can't get a call?  madness

Arrow you is ah mad man  :rotfl:..Wolfry or Wolry is a Jamaican..yuh dont follow de prolegue....and two goals all season is enough to demand a place on the national team  ::)

1]; } ?>