June 09, 2024, 07:23:20 PM

Author Topic: Trinis in action today (18-Aug-09).  (Read 9044 times)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Chelsea 7.45 GMT KO
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 02:39:38 PM »
Wigan were very poor today and we're outplayed by Wolves.  Scotty did fairly well with the touches he had, he should get more minutes next game.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinis in action today (18-Aug-09).
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
Scotland came on and looked good...man it's amazing how well he looks in England but can't seem to be able to find his groove for us...good showing for 20 min in the loss...he shoulda gotten a penalty...bad call by the Ref..Big up...do yuh thing!!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
Bruce is a wicked man playing Henderson in front of Carlos.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »
Very wicked clear favoritism... wish carlos coulda go wolves or something they got Greg Halford playing Rm
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:49:13 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 02:53:40 PM »
 ;D If all yuh ever find yuh  regular feed gone down..eg Justin tv etc... use this one http://live.spvod.com/eindex.htm  but it only works in Internet explorer and yuh have to download the player....u can hit english on the page and they usually have most games...but they with chinese commentary so I use this as my last choice ;D

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2009, 03:15:57 PM »
Quite pleased with the opening 20 minutes or so, but got forced back rather than just went back from the 1st minute. 

A couple on here, really do make me  ::)  or is it fishing?

Kenwyne was coming off even before the penalty, might of had something to do with the games he has played and the travelling in teh last week and another game coming on Saturday.  The same reason Cattermole and Richardson were brought off after. 

Henderson is only a kid, the only way he is going to get any better or gain experience is playing time and Carlos isn't getting any younger or likely to improve for experience, but tbh I would of still liked to see him come on.

I hope he has a LB on his mind because we need one. 

Don't think you will have to sit through it on Saturday as there isn't anybody showing it to my knowledge, so every cloud has a silver lining :devil:

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »
Kev remember that you're on a trinbago football forum, the main reason anyone shows any interest in your team is because you have a couple of our countrymen in your squad so expect a certain degree of bias.  Few here support teams outside the top 4.

On the matter of young Mr Henderson I find it hard to believe that one would choose to blood a youngster against the likes of Chelsea rather than play the best player in that position unless one expected to get nothing from the game.  If I were Carlos I would be looking for a transfer.

Tough day at the office today few would have been able to compete with Chelsea today the way they moved the ball around but ultimately these games are not what will define your season anyway.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »
Kev remember that you're on a trinbago football forum, the main reason anyone shows any interest in your team is because you have a couple of our countrymen in your squad so expect a certain degree of bias.  Few here support teams outside the top 4.

On the matter of young Mr Henderson I find it hard to believe that one would choose to blood a youngster against the likes of Chelsea rather than play the best player in that position unless one expected to get nothing from the game.  If I were Carlos I would be looking for a transfer.

Tough day at the office today few would have been able to compete with Chelsea today the way they moved the ball around but ultimately these games are not what will define your season anyway.

I really wonder at times if some of you think before you type.  Look for a transfer where?  Where is there current demand for Carlos?  Not saying he isn't good... in my mind he's the best in our set up right now, but at the same time let's be realistic.  Carlos seems to be at his level with Sunderland.  Or would you prefer that he goes to one of the newly-promoted squads where he'll meet with a new system, (likely) inferior players and possibly other compatibility issues? You'd swear Carlos was being slighted (after two games mind you) or that Sunderland has had a history of disrespnecting or slighting him.

Kev's point is well-taken... you really do have to wonder about some on here at times, bias is one thing, allowing bias totally cloud your reason (not speaking of you particularly) is another.  Bruce decided to give Henderson a run out in front of Carlos today... big deal.  Let's see if this begins a trend, rather than trying to read the tea leaves in each lineup change, and call for players to seek transfers prematurely.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2009, 05:01:51 PM »

On the matter of young Mr Henderson I find it hard to believe that one would choose to blood a youngster against the likes of Chelsea rather than play the best player in that position unless one expected to get nothing from the game.  If I were Carlos I would be looking for a transfer.Tough day at the office today few would have been able to compete with Chelsea today the way they moved the ball around but ultimately these games are not what will define your season anyway.
Ah know steve bruce could be ah big ole pr!ck sometimes as we saw with stern, but hold some strain pardner, it's only the 2nd game and it's not only carlos getting bite, but fellas like murphy, ried and tiano go pass in it too.

remember calos just took ah transatlantic journey and it could be the reason why he's being rested, wait until sataurday nah fardder.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009, 06:57:07 PM »
If Carlos gets an offer from wolves, he should go.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
Avery and Julius supposed to be in de starting lineup for DC United tonight. De game will be shown at 10 PM on Fox Soccer Channel.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »
Niceness Tallman
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »

I really wonder at times if some of you think before you type.  Look for a transfer where?  Where is there current demand for Carlos?

Ah know steve bruce could be ah big ole pr!ck sometimes as we saw with stern, but hold some strain pardner, it's only the 2nd game and it's not only carlos getting bite, but fellas like murphy, ried and tiano go pass in it too.

You're both right it's only the first game of the season and I'm clearly jumping the gun, that said the transfer season is closing soon so it doesn't hurt to have your agent to make a few calls to gauge interest from other clubs.

I've always had a bad attitude when came to warming the bench....I also did mention bias ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »
You're both right it's only the first game of the season and I'm clearly jumping the gun, that said the transfer season is closing soon so it doesn't hurt to have your agent to make a few calls to gauge interest from other clubs.

I've always had a bad attitude when came to warming the bench....I also did mention bias ;)

Lol... right, right... I forget you used to play college ball until yuh knee (was it?) injury.  Don't think Carlos will be riding pine at Sunderland anytime soon though.... season young still :)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »

Lol... right, right... I forget you used to play college ball until yuh knee (was it?) injury.  Don't think Carlos will be riding pine at Sunderland anytime soon though.... season young still :)
I wish I could be that confident.

Bruce seems very enamoured with young Henderson and also seems determined to use Fraizer Campbell as much as possible (he uses him on the wings). Add Malbranque to the mix and that right wing spot seems hard for Carlos to squeeze his way into.

His best shot might actually be right back, where Bruce used him in their last warm up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 04:49:33 AM »

Max Drury receiving his signed shirt from Silvio

Chester Mobility Centre with their chosen man of the match Silvio Spann

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »

Yeah I am well aware I am on a T&T forum and thats most peoples only interest in the team and I don't have a problem with that. 

The reality is I thought Carlos would move on in this window anyway and have said so a number of times in the past.  I really believe Carlos has been very unlucky with his the timing of his injuries and teh obvious problem he had to mental overcome the last one and his real chance in the EPL has probably past him by, lets not forget his age. I have never made any secret of the fact I liked Carlos as a player myself.  Bruce may not rate him, I honestly don't know but he hasn't got a longterm future and Bruce may think Henderson has.  He had a fairly sucessful spell on loan at CCC level so the next stage is to gain EPL experience either by loaning him to another EPL club or play him.  If you do neither then you stop his development dead in its tracks.   

I only say it as I see it whether that is right is anybodies guess, I am bias to the team and that is my major concern so it doesn't always fit with this board, thats nobody's fault its just the way it is. 

There are still a few British based players in the team / squad I had also hoped would be moved on this window aswell but don't mention them as you say no one's interested.

As for Top 4 supporters, I can hardly be held accountable for plastic football fans with poor taste. :devil:

1]; } ?>