June 15, 2024, 09:17:01 PM

Author Topic: Did Avery John get dropped or was he Injured ??  (Read 13007 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Did Avery John get dropped or was he Injured ??
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »

rest assured i'm thinking with my head, because i'd never leave my thinking up to you...

Bottom line, unless there is an extracurricular reason we are all not aware of, dropping Avery and Lawrence for those games were the decisions of a clueless coach.. If fans want to vent for that then that is their perogative..

And if you really have such a big problem with all the 'emotionalism' and 'knee-jerk overreacting' resident on this forum, then you could do us all a big favor and find yourself some tiddly-winks discussion forum that might be more in tune with your unique requirements..

...and therein lies the rub you pontificating penis.  That's the issue in it's sum and totality.  There can be any number of reasons why a non-entity such as yourself would be unaware as to what is taking place behind the scenes, and therefore for which "extracurricular reason" as you so inarticulately put it, the coach is making the line up changes that he is.

Andre is spot on with his reasoning... and with his approach.  Far better be restrained in reacting to the line up changes than to be carrying on like an emotional nanny... unless such is your inherent nature and you're unable to contain yourself.

.... and as always a setta lil boy antics to hide the lack of substance in yuh post.

maybe you need to take a look at the title of the thread you're posting in and come again..

BM ask a simple question asking why Avery was dropped, and at last check, YOU were the one to run in here acting like a drama queen talking about emotional dis and dat.. You are the one working up yuhself and getting yuh panty in ah moist tangle talking a setta bile about all on de site who living for every squad announcement dis and dat... take a scroll up and re-read and you'll see who is the one throwing the hissy fit.

Yuh eh know why he get dropped and yuh not expressing yuh disapproval well hush yuh cyat and leh people like yuh lil bit just dis once nuh man.. steups.

Selective reading at it's very best... I laugh and say it funny to see how men does carry on with every lineup change and you call that ah "emotional hissyfit", lol  Not you who rush in the thread talking about if fans vex den rman shouldn't say that they don't have a right to ask questions??  Except nobody ever said such thing?  I was ready to blame dat on yuh emotions, now ah starting to realize is more than yuh period have yuh acting up so.  But yuh right... I should learn to let a nanny be a nanny... we both know it's the closest yuh'll ever come to the genuine article so carry on.

let's not get into what we both know, cause then you'd really be testing the borders of my restraint.  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
let's not get into what we both know, cause then you'd really be testing the borders of my restraint.  ;)

Restraint from what displaying yuh stalkish homo tendencies?  I am so quaking in my boots.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »

Restraint from what displaying yuh stalkish homo tendencies?  I am so quaking in my boots.

lol.. is this a joke? kettle is that you?

look eh, lemme leave this here...

Anyone found out the story with Avery as yet?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 03:18:08 PM »
after all ah dat the question still remains :rotfl:

I am putting my money on a future call up as nothing serious happened
jmho till I get news of something else
like those in the know stickin

aye Weary, you could be our ears on the ground in TnT. ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:19:39 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »

Yuh tink weary have time wit allyuh?

De woman busy goin market and pickin up fresh items to prepare & cook Pacho lunch tomorrow.  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
Yuh tink weary have time wit allyuh?
De woman busy goin market and pickin up fresh items to prepare & cook Pacho lunch tomorrow.  ;D
wait, is Tobago Love in trute?

:devil:

easy Weary ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 03:31:02 PM »
So ah hornin Wim wit d dumbtist I iz a hot mess.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
So ah hornin Wim wit d dumbtist I iz a hot mess.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »
We were already the oldest squad in the 2006 world cup!!

It is more than likely that we will be the oldest squad again in 2010 when/if we qualify.

It believe that we need to blood our younger players in the team.  While i agree that i was surprised with Avery's exclusion, there has to be someting that we dont know. 

Avery was sitting next to Cornel Glen in the covered section for the USA game.  That has to mean plenty. 

I would like to know what is Maturana's record as Trinidad's coach!! He had two bad games, against USA and against Bermuda and i think even though he baffles, he still deserves some credit for creating history.

His main gaffe was against the USA in the USA but i believe that we were told that we had to "lose" that game.

Avery is not one of the men with the most composure on the ball and is not very skillful.  He is an excellent defender with a tendancy to go to ground whenever necessary.  How many of you know that Avery almost cost us the game in Guatemala with that tackle in the box that should have been a penalty!?!

I not saying that Edwards better than Avery, but there are many factors that we must consider before we waste away a coach.

1.  Training ground quarrel, what if Avery cuss up the man in front everybody

2.  If Yorke and Latas have so much influence in the squad for them to call back Spann for the right bafck position, yuh feel that they cant make a case for Avery to start?

3.  Injury

4.  Perfomance in Training

5.  Horn

ah love it!!

All kinda speculation, one know one thing for sure, it is not reason #1 and I highly doubt #4, #5 is small talk. #2 basically stating yorke and latas picking the team when allyuh bawling is corneal so #2 is exactly what it is..#2.

So that leaves #3 and #6.  #6 is the truth if the truth is not #3.  The truth might be he just get dropped for that game.  All palyers does get drop at some point in time whether they big or nt.  Ronaldinho suffering right now so who is Avery.  Hopefully Madass Maturana wakes up and restore avery to the starting lineup otherwise those teams in de Hex will eat Akile alive.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2008, 07:25:44 AM »
Avery was sitting next to Cornel Glen in the covered section for the USA game.  That has to mean plenty. 

Ah ha......ah figure it out....Cornell was injured, Avery was sitting next to Cornell, therefore Avery was injured too!!..

I not saying that Edwards better than Avery, but there are many factors that we must consider before we waste away a coach.
You being very generous.....
ah love it!!
Ah love it too!!... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2008, 02:27:36 PM »
Is drop because he eh in d Digi Cup squad
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
OK...I got the "official" word... he was dropped...

so next question...if Akile Edwards had to come off...who was the left back option on the bench??...cause Avery was in the stands...
and is dis ah cyar take...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »

so next question...if Akile Edwards had to come off...who was the left back option on the bench??...cause Avery was in the stands...

Alyuh I take back every bad thing I say about the man. Maturana is a genius.

After seeing the Cuba game, the El Salvador game, the guatemala game, and the tapes of 3/4 of the games Denzil play under Beenie (plus the Sweden game), he realise we play we best football with 10 men.

He didn't want to risk us getting fined or suspended by FIFA by only starting 10 men on the field, so he do the next best thing. He start Edwards.
We was playing without a left back to begin with, so if he had to come off, it wouldn't ah be no sweat...

On the other hand, if Avery was there to replace him in case of injury, that might ah actually mess up the whole balance, so he drop him.

Elementary my dear Watson.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »
Maturana is an #$%^  we have to get rid of him some how
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »

BM what you working yuhself up for?

Yuh eh know is only 11 players could play? Is not like this is an NFL team where team lineups decided at the beginning of the season, so by that logic dropping Avery is a natural ting.

This setta over-emotional, knee-jerk overreacting for every team selection.. You mustn't complain, you must keep quiet and say nothing since this is what the intelligent ones among us do. You must be one of the 'clowns who live and die by every team selection' previously mentioned in this thread.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
BM he have a winnin record so what if Avery get drop

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »
Alyuh I take back every bad thing I say about the man. Maturana is a genius.
After seeing the Cuba game, the El Salvador game, the guatemala game, and the tapes of 3/4 of the games Denzil play under Beenie (plus the Sweden game), he realise we play we best football with 10 men.
He didn't want to risk us getting fined or suspended by FIFA by only starting 10 men on the field, so he do the next best thing. He start Edwards.
We was playing without a left back to begin with, so if he had to come off, it wouldn't ah be no sweat...
On the other hand, if Avery was there to replace him in case of injury, that might ah actually mess up the whole balance, so he drop him.
Elementary my dear Watson.
:o

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Francisco "Brando de los cobos" Maturanas
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »
BM he have a winnin record so what if Avery get drop

GULP GULP...CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA... ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »
Luv meh new tag line dey Palos winnin record in oui pweefen

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2008, 02:20:06 AM »

BM what you working yuhself up for?

Yuh eh know is only 11 players could play? Is not like this is an NFL team where team lineups decided at the beginning of the season, so by that logic dropping Avery is a natural ting.

This setta over-emotional, knee-jerk overreacting for every team selection.. You mustn't complain, you must keep quiet and say nothing since this is what the intelligent ones among us do. You must be one of the 'clowns who live and die by every team selection' previously mentioned in this thread.

boy yuh killing me here  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2008, 05:14:25 AM »

Yuh mean mih theory about him being injured was wrong??....damn.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2008, 06:37:56 AM »
didnt read thru all the posts cuz i see one set of fight going on...Avery said his name was not announced on the team and he was given no reason for it. Also he says this kinda thing happens and you cant go and ask reasons or beat up about it cuz then you are branded as indisciplined and not obeying the coach

oh i see BM found out he was dropped...still postin it tho
Back in Trini...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
didnt read thru all the posts cuz i see one set of fight going on...Avery said his name was not announced on the team and he was given no reason for it. Also he says this kinda thing happens and you cant go and ask reasons or beat up about it cuz then you are branded as indisciplined and not obeying the coach

Bertille 2.0  :-X
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »

If true then it is real sad a player can't ask why he get dropped so if there is a need for him to improve on something he will know where to focus.  The answer could simply be it was a tactical decision.  Maturana might be a bigger a$$ than I thought.  He did say he was picking teams on a game by game basis so we should expect regular changes to the lineup.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18:17 PM »
If true then it is real sad a player can't ask why he get dropped so if there is a need for him to improve on something he will know where to focus.  The answer could simply be it was a tactical decision.  Maturana might be a bigger a$$ than I thought.  He did say he was picking teams on a game by game basis so we should expect regular changes to the lineup.
Pssssstttt............Jack run tings...........he has done that to players before, now and will continue in the future
one day I will not sound like a broken record ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:33:10 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
Omar, like yuh trying to take Arrow wuk as de bait thrower or wha? Bakes busy slinging blade with Assrancid in another thread as usual   ;D
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2008, 07:25:47 AM »

Getting dropped but it is unprofessional for the coach not to explain why to the player.  It is even more unprofessional for the player to find out he was dropped by not seeing his name on the game sheet.  If this is how Maturana operates then he is a true asshole.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2008, 07:28:19 AM »

Getting dropped but it is unprofessional for the coach not to explain why to the player.  It is even more unprofessional for the player to find out he was dropped by not seeing his name on the game sheet.  If this is how Maturana Jack operates then he is a true asshole.
fixed
 :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
I think this one on Maturana and Corneal.  Why would Jack drop Avery John?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
I think this one on Maturana and Corneal.  Why would Jack drop Avery John?
ok I see ya question and I raise another one

why does Jack do 99.99% of the things that he does?
THAT is the conundrum that Trinidad and Tobago Football finds itself constantly....not so?
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>