June 08, 2024, 06:31:00 AM

Author Topic: Terry St. Louis  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Terry St. Louis
« on: September 11, 2005, 08:12:33 AM »
whatever happened to terry st.louis ?

Over de years he played fuh Joe Public, San Juan Jabloteh, Charleston Battery, Toronto Lynx and Vancouver Whitecaps. Last season he was playing wit de AFC Leopards in de Vancouver Metro Soccer League.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
(tallman) what ever happened to terry st louis?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 06:35:58 AM »
in my opinion he was a good player, he was in ans out of the national team but i thinh he did not get a fair chance to prove himself.i know he was playing a-league football with toronto lynx (i think)but then he just fell out of circulation.where is he now? what is he doing?i think he was good talent that was never fully uterlized
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 07:17:41 AM by Tallman »
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what ever happened to terry st louis
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 06:41:34 AM »
he definitely hit form at one point in his career........I never had him marked for big things though......I know at one point he was struggling to make the Joe Public first squad (how sad)......but that was 5 years ago, so I'm sure alot has changed......

TALLMAN WHERE ARE YOU ??
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 06:56:20 AM »
I think, St.Louis was his worst enemy, like so many of out gifted players. I understand he had a discipline problem, and I am pretty sure I read some time back, that on national duty, he got in a fight with another player and I think buss his head... I think the player was Stern...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Terry St. Louis
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 07:28:04 AM »
yea....de man nickname is jughead......it was he and elcock in de fight on a brazilian beach while tnt was on a tour/camp there....ah pardner told me last week jughead does lime by his shop in eastern main road...bunning it hard....say wha...life is life....remember a great shell cup goal he scored....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 07:29:10 AM »
he definitely hit form at one point in his career........I never had him marked for big things though......I know at one point he was struggling to make the Joe Public first squad (how sad)......but that was 5 years ago, so I'm sure alot has changed......

TALLMAN WHERE ARE YOU ??

i remember ppl sayin that he ripped up joe public training but used to leave and had no discipline
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 08:56:09 AM »
yea....de man nickname is jughead......it was he and elcock in de fight on a brazilian beach while tnt was on a tour/camp there....ah pardner told me last week jughead does lime by his shop in eastern main road...bunning it hard....say wha...life is life....remember a great shell cup goal he scored....

yeah man big magicain, i remember dat goal.  It was scored with his first touch on coming on de field against st vincent in de final.  we won that game 5-0.

good times!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 09:08:14 AM »
agree with u guys...great talent...horrible attitude!!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 09:14:26 AM »
I rember talking to Rick Titus and some players from the Lynx and they told me how the man used to be rippin...but I guess consistency was an issue and as mentioned attitude was a problem. Dread vibes dey.

well yes

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 09:20:27 AM »
actually juggy was a really nice fella personality wise.
had wicked touches but to me he used to driblle a little too much uneccessary beating. which is a problem many trinis have.

don't really mean a thing on the field of play. but the man coulda real juggle a ball all kinda madness never drop it.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 09:25:15 AM »
i cah remember d last time a see a player on a Trini national side do some unnecessary beating. Maybe Dwarikah or wise.
Noone recently
Although it is often ineffective I still miss it
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 09:44:38 AM »
Terry St. Louis was a fantastic midfielder who never really established himself becz of the proliferation of talent we had in the 90s.

Saw him in Canada. and everyone was in awe of him.

The Canadians were afraid to tackle him..the man was dishing out beat and drawing foul like crazy.

Yes...had a rep. for coasting too much scene on de team....but what a talent.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 09:52:17 AM »
I agree,
his skills were mesmerizing

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 10:02:24 AM »
i cah remember d last time a see a player on a Trini national side do some unnecessary beating. Maybe Dwarikah or wise.
Noone recently
Although it is often ineffective I still miss it

I would not put Terry or Arnold in that category of beating uselessly..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:09:20 AM by Tallman »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 10:03:29 AM »
actually juggy was a really nice fella personality wise.
had wicked touches but to me he used to driblle a little too much uneccessary beating. which is a problem many trinis have.

don't really mean a thing on the field of play. but the man coulda real juggle a ball all kinda madness never drop it.
I had the opportunity to work with Jughead before any one knew of him and that was when he played for ECM Motown,and i can attest to what you are saying there,some of these guys may have discipline problems but good coaches are able to control them.(a very good person if you knew him)
 Some of us seem to have a problem with guys who like to dribble too much but i think every team needs a good dribbler,someone that is different from the rest,that is what makes Latapy so special.To name a few Clauzel,Denzil,Wise,Bert Neptune,Dwarika,Steve David,Spanna etc etc.I think this art should be encouraged because is something players develope naturally,coaches just have to know how to use these guys,at the moment we need a forward who could destroy defenders.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 10:05:36 AM »
Some of us seem to have a problem with guys who like to dribble too much but i think every team needs a good dribbler,someone that is different from the rest,that is what makes Latapy so special.To name a few Clauzel,Denzil,Wise,Bert Neptune,Dwarika,Steve David,Spanna etc etc.I think this art should be encouraged because is something players develope naturally,coaches just have to know how to use these guys,at the moment we need a forward who could destroy defenders.

Well I think Cornell glen would fall into that category.

VB
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:12:57 AM by Tallman »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 10:12:12 AM »
it have a right scenario to dribble and a wrong one. when I SAW the man play he was beating backwards, in his own defensive third sometimes even around his own 18. many time  a simple pass would do the job.

he had some talent no doubt.  Definitely a vey nice guy, the discipline issues is news to me.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 11:41:21 AM »
i have no problem if he beating in the back as long as he get out of it.
If he lose the ball then u could cuss.

A man mention Cornell.
What other dribblers we have on the horizon?

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 01:28:58 PM »
 Why most(maybe all) of our quality players does have a discipline problem?...Go T&T

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 01:47:17 PM »
one of de best dribblers on de world stage in denilson...he cud find he on de bench for brazil. if as ah player u dribble first then everything else after u makin defenders jobs easy...point is jughead was ah brilliant dribbler...cud hit de ball dam good too...but he needed to work on all de other facets of the game. cant compare him to latas cause latas can also kill u with de pass too!!! ask stern!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 01:49:18 PM »
MARCOSSS......go in de savannah an see dem gehin on,beat and more beat...hehheeheheheh

Man gehin beat round de big tree an all hahhahahahahah.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 02:27:53 PM »
yeah but who they beatin in d savannah?
a set a old men who eh runnin hard and lookin for a lil exercise.
i wanna see beat on the international stage

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 03:05:18 PM »
yeah but who they beatin in d savannah?
a set a old men who eh runnin hard and lookin for a lil exercise.
i wanna see beat on the international stage

Beat does still go down on the international stage....is just that instead of we givin beat we gettin beat all kinda ways :-\

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 04:57:11 PM »
hahahahaha
funny but sad

1]; } ?>