June 05, 2024, 11:13:30 PM

Author Topic: Yorke maintains positive vibe.  (Read 2806 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke maintains positive vibe.
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »
Yorke maintains positive vibe.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

"Too early to drop our shoulders."  Those were the words of Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team captain Dwight Yorke as he parted from the rest of the National Team and headed back to Sunderland on Thursday following Wednesday’s 2-2 draw with El Salvador in 2010 World Cup Qualifying action.

Yorke, who was yellow carded during the encounter, which meant that he would miss the March 28 affair against Honduras in Port of Spain, faces an even lengthier suspension after being red carded after the final whistle for alleged dissent towards Mexican Referee Marco Rodriguez.

The Referee’s report to the match commissioner stated that Yorke was shown the red for dissent but the card is expected to be under review.   

“At the moment we were all very disappointed especially with the way some of the calls went But while we didn’t hang on the lead I think the way in which the events of the game turned out in the closing moments was very much against us and disappointing for all of Trinidad and Tobago,” Yorke told TTFF Media.

“But in saying that it’s important that as a team and a country, all the fans and the people involved in our football continue to believe in our efforts. I think sometimes we tend to press the panic button when we shouldn’t. Yes I know it’s a bit heart breaking the way we allowed the El Salvador team to come back into the match but if you look at the fact that we were 2-0 up and could have been even four of five goals ahead then I would say there were a lot of good things coming out of the game. We will review our mistakes and work on them,” Yorke added.

“The group has worked hard even though there obviously was not sufficient time to prepare together because of the game being played in midweek but hopefully we can work around this in the future. It’s still a long campaign ahead with nine matches and we have a point on the board.”

The former Manchester United hitman, now the number two coach at Sunderland, says he will still make the journey and join the T&T team in training ahead of the Honduras clash.

“I’ve already made my mind up and I’ve passed the message on that I will be with the team going into the next match. It’s important that as captain that I’m around and can train with the boys and get myself ready for the matches after that as well,” added Yorke, who also dismissed outside reports that he favoured Stern John for the penalty because of a close knit friendship.

“This team is unit that will get even better in the time coming up. That was what we had in the 2006 campaign and it’s going to be the same for this campaign. What we need to ensure is that we keep believing and we are spot on with our preparations and everything else relating to our matches both on and off the pitch,” Yorke concluded.

Meantime, this week the administrative and technical staff of the National Team will meet at its offices at Kantac Plaza to review the reports relating to the Argentina training camp and El Salvador encounter as well as begin planning towards the preparation scheme leading up to the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Honduras (March 28 in Port of Spain) and United States (April 1 in Nashville).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:38:54 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke maintains positive vibe.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
Agreed Yorkie,

Panic button toooooo soon.  Good that you will be with the team regardless of playing time.

I personally feel we could at least nick the third (if not first or second) spot.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
 :applause:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
starts from the top.
Good job.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
cool  :beermug:,,,do allyuh best nuh man

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
That's my boy..... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »
All yuh betta b positive because we dependin on all yuh. If all yuh depress we in neck deep.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »
we will finish in the top 3 this campaign and surprise alot of people :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »
we will finish in the top 3 this campaign and surprise alot of people :beermug:

All yuh blow meh minds nah.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »
nice positive look but the referee would not call fouls and give out cards if TnT didnt hold on to the ball. You does 90% cause fouls when you dont have the ball. Ball possession is anti-card = less game suspensions

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 10:07:43 PM »
nevermind the shitong refree played 2-3 extra injury time minutes. in which they scored and equalized in
f**kin idiot.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »
Tallman, could the TTFF launch protest to fifa seeing the extra minuite resulted in ah goal against us? and can it be over turned and give us the three points.?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 12:26:16 AM »
Tallman, could the TTFF launch protest to fifa seeing the extra minuite resulted in ah goal against us? and can it be over turned and give us the three points.?

THE REF IS THE FINAL TIME KEEPER>>>THE 3RD OFFICIAL MERELY GIVES A SUGGESTION REALLY.

HE KEEPS TIME ON THE FIELD..NO PROTEST, WE WERE NOT ROBBED.

I knew that there would be lots of extra time because Ince was staying very long to kick the ball out from goal licks.  The ref was hustling him and looking at his watch.

We should have kept possession instead of the boom kicks.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 12:49:57 AM »

THE REF IS THE FINAL TIME KEEPER>>>THE 3RD OFFICIAL MERELY GIVES A SUGGESTION REALLY.

I knew that there would be lots of extra time because Ince was staying very long to kick the ball out from goal licks.  The ref was hustling him and looking at his watch.

Eh TT i glad yuh reply, i don't want to ask to many Qs, but please oblige meh on this one. do you think there's any chance of jack firing this coach before the honduras game?

it's my opinion that this man don't really understand the modern game that well, and i believe he's using out dated tactics, ah know yuh don't care for wim , but him and beenie had our defence and midfield well organized, something i haven't seen this coach do since he's been here.

he also selects player who ain't ready for competition @ this level, i'm not saying that they not good enough, on the contrary, i  just think they need some more time on the tree to rippen a bit. do you think jack would come to the rescue any time soon and sack this clueless fella?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:46:00 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 01:32:05 AM »
We could still protest dat we get some soft yellow card and de throw at de end dat belonged to us.  I hope we doh see dat ref again.  Jack and dem let ES off the hook with their unruly crowd.  Do dey have to launch something at Jack before he do something about dat?

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 02:07:35 AM »
We could still protest dat we get some soft yellow card and de throw at de end dat belonged to us.  I hope we doh see dat ref again.  Jack and dem let ES off the hook with their unruly crowd.  Do dey have to launch something at Jack before he do something about dat?

If jack get hit in he face with a thrown object that could re-arrange the ugly molecules and end up being some kinda perverse plastic surgery.

One ah two things may occur.

1.  It could significantly improve he appearance (nutten could make him uglier)
2.  He could stop stuttttttttttering.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
JC,
        I disagree with you that the man doh understand the modern game. The man has been in football for umpteen yrs. The first half when we were up two and should have been up 4, the tactics was fine. But when the English boys got tired eveything they were doing right in the first  went negative in the second half.. The biggest problem to me, was the EPL players were fatigued and all discipline went thru the window. The could not handle the pressue and stopped marking, boom-kick and committed stupid(not silly), stupid fouls which resulted in the 2 goals. That team was a veteran team. Only Daniel and Markan were new players

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
Check out the quotes from Ricky Sbragia as he demands more discipline from his Sunderland team.
It's interesting because Yorke is the #2 man behind Sbragia, and has been taking a highly responsible role of Assistant Coach.

Article in entirity:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14022009/1/cats-boss-wants-discipline.html

Cats boss wants more discipline
Sat 14 Feb, 12:30 PM

Ricky Sbragia is hoping to take a leaf out of former boss Sam Allardyce's book as he attempts to make his Sunderland team harder to beat.The 52-year-old Scot worked under Allardyce at Bolton as the Trotters ruffled a few feathers on their journey from Premier League novices to European qualifiers.

Renowned for his attention to detail, the now Blackburn manager concentrated on making the most of his players' individual and collective strengths to develop a style which upset more established teams and proved hugely successful.

Allardyce closely monitored the way his side attacked their own set-pieces and defended those awarded against them, and Sbragia is doing exactly the same .....

.... "At Bolton, that was a massive thing, set-play situations - how many you could score from set-plays and how many you didn't concede from set-plays.

"It was a big thing. They had a table on it of all the teams in the Premier League regarding set-play situations and the points won or lost from them.

"The other thing was, if you went one-up, could you see the game out, could you have that clean sheet mentality?

"The percentage of games you won from that situation, the percentage was really high when Sam was there."....

.... "As a unit, we have got to push up more, we have got to stop giving silly little free-kicks away - that will help us - and stay on our feet a bit better.

"Overall, we just have to be more disciplined, individually and as a team.

"It is a problem, it is a concern to us and we have got to get out of that.

"We go ahead in games and really should get a win or a draw out of them, but there have been a lot of occasions when we have lost, and that's the most disappointing thing." .....

Take some notes Dwight, and pass them on to Latapy.
We need all the help we can get.

Another thing that just crept into my mind. I know it's very subjective, but here goes:

Whether it is true or not, it is alledged that Dwight ignored the instructions from Maturana for the PK that was missed. We don't know if it's true or not .. but even if it is, then how many other instructions could Dwight have ignored?
... and does his coaching credential at Sunderland seem to give him the authority, in his opinion, to challenge and over-ride the instructions of Maturana?

throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Eh TT i glad yuh reply, i don't want to ask to many Qs, but please oblige meh on this one. do you think there's any chance of jack firing this coach before the honduras game?

it's my opinion that this man don't really understand the modern game that well, and i believe he's using out dated tactics, ah know yuh don't care for wim , but him and beenie had our defence and midfield well organized, something i haven't seen this coach do since he's been here.

he also selects player who ain't ready for competition @ this level, i'm not saying that they not good enough, on the contrary, i  just think they need some more time on the tree to rippen a bit. do you think jack would come to the rescue any time soon and sack this clueless fella?

They shoulda leh-go tha common fowl right after de Elsavo game.

Positive vibes deh Yorkie.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:05:37 AM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »
Francis ent going nowhere.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 11:37:38 AM »
It's a no brainier!!! we have to be positive...remember the loss against Guatemala when we got five?  at that time qualifying seemed bleak....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 12:27:13 PM »
It's a no brainier!!! we have to be positive...remember the loss against Guatemala when we got five?  at that time qualifying seemed bleak....

So because we ketch we tail 2 qualify in 06 we must ketch we tail in 10.

1]; } ?>