June 04, 2024, 03:49:32 AM

Author Topic: Vranes to coach Olympic team.  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Vranes to coach Olympic team.
« on: November 27, 2009, 05:16:01 AM »
Vranes to coach Olympic team.
By: Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Yugoslavian-born, T&T Under-20 coach, Zoran Vranes is to be appointed coach of the national Under-23 team (Olympic team).

This was confirmed by an official of the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) yesterday. Vranes, the 55-year-old former T&T senior coach led the Under-20 Soca Warriors to the Fifa Under-20 World Cup in Egypt in September where they earned their first ever point in a Fifa competition, after a 0-0 draw with Paraguay in group play.

Vranes is due to arrive in the country on the weekend and will begin work next week with the Under-23 squad, which will comprise the majority of the players from the Under-20 World Cup team.

Expected to join Vranes on the technical staff are his assistants at the Egypt Under-20 World Cup, Anton Corneal and Hutson “Barber” Charles, both former national players.

Contacted for comment, Corneal said none of the appointments have been confirmed but added it will be a wise move by the T&TFF to do so. The squad will be named next week in preparation for a two-match series against Bermuda’s Under-23 side over the Christmas and New Year's holidays in Hamilton.

“You can expect players like Micah Lewis (Joe Public), Stephan Campbell (United Petrotrin) and Trevin Caesar (Ma Pau) to all be invited,” added Corneal.

Corneal, the former coach of the national Under-17 team, noted that they were already getting phone calls from clubs about players who were around the 21 to 22 years age bracket and could be possible inclusions on the team.

But he explained that with the Olympic Games taking place in London in 2012 those players will be too old by then to play for the Under-23 team. “The players that will be called up for training for the Olympic team and subsequent qualifiers will have to be 19 or 20 years as of now or younger.

“This will allow them to be able to compete at the Central American and Caribbean Games next year, (Under-21); Pan American Games in two years time (Under-22) and then the Olympics, which is an Under-23 competition.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Vranes to coach Olympic team.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:08:52 AM »
why not give the team to latapy !!!!!!  LP should ah keep quiet CAMPS and them  just did  the opposite of what he expressed  as the way forward.... so who is  the the under 20 coach now ?????
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:11:26 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »
why not give the team to latapy !!!!!!  LP should ah keep quiet CAMPS and them  just did  the opposite of what he expressed  as the way forward.... so who is  the the under 20 coach now ?????

D same coach of d under 17. Dem teams non existant so is d coach
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »
At first, this was my immediate thought. It seems natural since that will be the team that will become the senior team. At the same time good work must be rewarded and as such Vranes have to get a play. So I almost propose that both coaches coach the team. Now that kinda sounds a little wacky and probably calls for a little more governorship on de LP part which he may not have the permission for.... but we should probably breed the coaches like we must breed the players. The better coach advances to the A Team and the other remains the B team coach. If both coaches are professionals it could almost be a learning experience on both their parts and they are both ensured a job so its a matter of getting better if they desire.
I like Latas... I like what he did and more so what I think he can do. I also like Vranes and what he has done and his automatic nomination since he knows the players and they seem to have a respect for his system.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 08:47:12 AM »
Corneal ever coach in the Pro-league ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »

Dat 2 small. National teams is d lowest level he does coach.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »

The TTFF like to recycle.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 10:22:11 AM »

The TTFF like to recycle.

Dey at d front of d line in recylin in TNT

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »
Ah well....more licks again  :'(
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »

like you trying to attribute common sense to a nonsensical organisation ? Since when does de TTFF indulge  in any forward thinking ? only difference between dem and a pack of cards is de number of jokers  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 11:35:08 AM »

like you trying to attribute common sense to a nonsensical organisation ? Since when does de TTFF indulge  in any forward thinking ? only difference between dem and a pack of cards is de number of jokers  :beermug:

COSIGN and ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »
At first, this was my immediate thought. It seems natural since that will be the team that will become the senior team. At the same time good work must be rewarded and as such Vranes have to get a play. So I almost propose that both coaches coach the team. Now that kinda sounds a little wacky and probably calls for a little more governorship on de LP part which he may not have the permission for.... but we should probably breed the coaches like we must breed the players. The better coach advances to the A Team and the other remains the B team coach. If both coaches are professionals it could almost be a learning experience on both their parts and they are both ensured a job so its a matter of getting better if they desire.
I like Latas... I like what he did and more so what I think he can do. I also like Vranes and what he has done and his automatic nomination since he knows the players and they seem to have a respect for his system.

to me them guys forget every other national team yes and just focusing on these players.. boy them better hope them current under 20 players progress !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 01:45:42 PM »
Vranes is the only option in terms of continuity he would seem a natural choice this is a real good opportunity to build on what they did at the U20 tournament. Especially now that the boys know that they can compete with these teams and they realise how hard they need to work to do so.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »

to me them guys forget every other national team yes and just focusing on these players.. boy them better hope them current under 20 players progress !!!

All we eggs in dat under 20 basket.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »

Back in de day all we eggs was in de Yorke & Latapy basket

Now dat basket have mould and mildew and eroded, we goin on to a nex basket

Same modus operandi.  Let's see how the results turn out.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
Subject: TTFF NEWS - Players invited to train with Olympic Team

Home-based players invited to train with Olympic Team

Issued on November  27,2009

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation has called up a squad of thirty-three (33) players for training ahead of this country’s visit to Bermuda over the holiday period for an invitational tournament.

The players will be selected as members of a T&T Under 23 team for the upcoming visit to Bermuda.

Several of the players invited were part of the National Under 20 team which participated at the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup.

Among the new call ups include Ma Pau’s Trevin Caesar, Jerrel Britto, Ryan Frederick and Stephen Campbell.

The regulars include National Under 20 captain Leston Paul, goalkeepers Glenroy Samuel, Jesse Fullerton and Andre Marchan, Trent Lougheed, Robert Primus, Jean Luc Rochford, Juma Clarence and Akeem Adams among others.

The players will assemble for training at the Ato Boldon Stadium on December 1 from 4-6pm.

The T&T team will play for the Bermuda Football Association Cup when they face Bermuda’s National Under 23 team in two games on December 28 and January 1. They also face top Bermudan club Devonshire Cougars on December 30.

"As part of it Strategic Plan, the BFA is committed to Rebuilding the Competitiveness of Bermuda football and we will continue to expose our teams to top quality competition," said BFA general secretary David Sabir.

"This three-match series will provide a barometer of the level of our football in comparison to our counterparts within the Caribbean region,” he added.

The T&T Senior Team last played in Bermuda back in 2008 when it defeated that country’s Senior Team 2-0 courtesy of goals by Darryl Roberts and Stern John to book its passage to the 2010 World Cup qualifying semi-final round.

Invited Players

Player

Glenroy Samuel

Andre Marchan

Jesse Fullerton

Zane Coker

Sheldon Clarke

Noor Abdulla Muhammed

Nicholas Walker

Aubrey David

Sheldon Bateau

Jevon Morris

Jeremie Williams

Jevon Joseph

Stephen Campbell

Marcus Joseph

Trent Lougheed

Shahdon Winchester

Ryan Frederick

Jerrel Britto

Kevin Molino

Curtis Gonzales

Mikeil Williams

Micah Lewis

Akeem Adams

Robert Primus

Jean Luc Rochford

Daniel Cyrus

Jamal Juma Clarence

Leston Paul

Sean De Silva

Trevin Caesae

Rochard Wint

Qian Grosvenor

Wesley John

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 03:52:14 PM »

Back in de day all we eggs was in de Yorke & Latapy basket

Now dat basket have mould and mildew and eroded, we goin on to a nex basket

Same modus operandi.  Let's see how the results turn out.

TTFF must call the U17 and U20 by the end of January. If not we will be falling behind. Under the right coach the next U20 group can surpass the last one.  We best pray Jack's pride and greed doh make him push this team as a monument to himself at the expense of all others.

Even so they doing well to call an Olympic team at this early stage
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:54:48 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »
damn......why conmeal still there what have he done....i tell yuh?

1]; } ?>