June 03, 2024, 07:39:12 PM

Author Topic: Scottie beams at Latics debut  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scottie beams at Latics debut
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:59:30 AM »
Scottie beams at Latics debut
wiganlatics.co.uk

With a beaming smile and a spring in his step Jason Scotland explained how he felt as though he was on cloud nine, after making an emphatic Latics debut v Preston North End on Tuesday night.

The Trinidad & Tobago international netted his first goal as a Wigan Athletic player and set up Michael Brown for another, and he couldn't hide his delight afterwards saying:

"I enjoyed the game and it was exciting to finally get out there and play some football with the rest of the boys.

"I'm buzzing at the moment to be honest, I'm made up to have got my first game under my belt.

"I've got to take things one step at a time, and make sure I get my fitness levels up first and foremost, but deep down I can't wait for the start of the season.

"There's going to be competition for places in the team and I'll have to work hard to get a place. But that's what brings out the best in players, striving to do well and be a part of the team, it can only be a good thing.

"You've got to be at your very best to get into the starting line-up, and in my mind that creates some healthy competition."

The game itself was a joy to watch, with Roberto Martinez's men playing some attractive, clever and deadly football to overpower their opponents, and Scotland highlighted how hard the squad have been working to perfect the gaffer's style of play:

"The most important thing of course is to keep hold of the ball, don't give it away needlessly and be patient.

"Patience really is the key, as long as you've got possession you have to believe that opportunities will come, and if you work hard enough they will. It's up to us to take them at that point which we certainly did.

"We've been working hard on that aspect of the game and obviously the plan is to transfer this style of play into the Premier League.

"I've not played in the Premier League but from what I've seen there is a more patient build up from defence to attack, and you seem to get closed down more and marked tighter, so hopefully this style of play will help us keep hold of the ball and get some good results."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Scottie beams at Latics debut
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:03:09 AM »
look like he playing in a Mod Sec uniform dey .... South people know what ah talkin bout.  ;)
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:06:56 AM »
look like he playing in a Mod Sec uniform dey .... South people know what ah talkin bout.  ;)

ah mod sec senior grade uniform!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:14:31 AM »

ah mod sec senior grade uniform!

ah love it!!

Dey doh have the splash ah black paint on the chest (supposed to be a slash)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:29:09 AM »
They was really trying hard with that headline.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 07:31:32 AM »
They was really trying hard with that headline.

so...........um wah go happen  when dey Sunderland, man goin an' a magician to saw dem in half or what ??? ::) ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »
Allyuh notice where Scottie say this bit?

"There's going to be competition for places in the team and I'll have to work hard to get a place. But that's what brings out the best in players, striving to do well and be a part of the team, it can only be a good thing.

"You've got to be at your very best to get into the starting line-up, and in my mind that creates some healthy competition."

This is why I have been arguing for stiff competition for places on the T&T team for all positions.

If men could fail at their jobs and still come back and walk onto the T&T team as a starter in the next game then the coach will be sending them the wrong message to help improve their performances!

Headcoach Latas ah hope yuh taking notes eh! Remember Scottie eh score for we in the Hex yet and neither has KJ, so leh we see if they can both walk onto the T&T team as starters once again!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:16:33 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »

This is why I have been arguing for stiff competition for places on the T&T team for all positions.

If men could fail at their jobs and still come back and walk onto the T&T team as a starter in the next game then the coach will be sending them the wrong message to help improve their performances!

Headcoach Latas ah hope yuh taking notes eh! Remember Scottie eh score for we in the Hex yet and neither has KJ, so leh we see if they can both walk onto the T&T team as starters once again!
Point taken, but a forward's job is about more than just scoring.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 01:28:52 PM »
loordddd that is a fugly kit.  i know is the away kit but oh gorm

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 01:36:59 PM »

Point taken, but a forward's job is about more than just scoring.

Yes but we cyah lose focus of what is their main job especially when the team not winning the games they should be winning!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 03:02:33 PM »
shueeps why he miss dem sitters against CR?   >:(    Why he bust it before Mexico? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »
shueeps why he miss dem sitters against CR?   >:(    Why he bust it before Mexico? 
Fuh spite. He hate us.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 03:24:16 PM »
The reason why players perform better with clubs than the national is because they spend more time practicing with their clubs. They more familiar with their club mates than their national team mates. They spend 2 months of constant practice with their clubs. Only 5 days practice (if we lucky) with national team.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
The reason why players perform better with clubs than the national is because they spend more time practicing with their clubs. They more familiar with their club mates than their national team mates. They spend 2 months of constant practice with their clubs. Only 5 days practice (if we lucky) with national team.

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Fellas I'm not intersted in excuses!
I say if our strikers doh score sitters then they should get subbed after 45 minutes tops and they should know that they don't automatically start the next game especially if the fella who came on for them scored his chances!
In other words when they come to play for us we treat these players just like how their club managers treat them, no starboy thing or frienism! Like allyuh eh read what Scottie say above about competition for places or wha?!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:14:20 PM by Socapro »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
shueeps why he miss dem sitters against CR?   >:(    Why he bust it before Mexico? 
Fuh spite. He hate us.
:devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 04:15:18 PM »
loordddd that is a fugly kit.  i know is the away kit but oh gorm

Hey Watch it.... :beermug:

I had to wear that kit for the 93 season.... you get use to it over time :whew:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
andre...ketch yuhself... Mod sec play a season in the top flight...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »
Roberto Martinez is an ARTIST...  you can see his work

I predict big things for him...  and dont start on me when wigan lose games...lol

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
andre...ketch yuhself... Mod sec play a season in the top flight...

Yes we did in 1993- (come back the year before to qualify after a lengthy ban)

0 Wins 10 Losses and 4 Draws.....

Jan Steadman was the coach...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:52:14 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 09:53:53 PM »
DT..i talking bout the 70's for mod sec.. we got to the south zone intercol final and lost in a replay to pres

joel rahim was on that side

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
Yea Big M apart from Rahim, there were a few other decent ballers, Hargraves, GK Demas and if Ronnie Roberts (Carap) was not injured he could have made a big difference and coach Danny Williams who was not a bad coach was quite a character in nets in his playing days, also remember that time when he and Demas almost fought in the Dressing room.

For a school that was playing intercol for the first time and taking Pres to 2 games was quite an accomplishment and I will always remember that sitter that was miss in the first game at 0-0.

Big M do you know if there is any photo of the team?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »
coach...yea.. I was on the squad also...but as a 15 yr old form 3 student...dem boys were my idols..

I use to follow Rahim around like ah puppy...lol.. i dont know any pics to be honest

cant believe the thread turn into a mod sec...lol..

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »
Big M kind a sad no team pic since this team was part of history for Mod Sec being the first team to represent the school at Intercol and I don't think the school were ever represented at intercol since then. Do you think that the school might have any team photo?

Were you the only form 3 student on the team? I am still trying to get that image of you.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »
We did in qualify to play SSFL in 1993... I played on that team in my form 5 year.

There are no current pics of that team. The only team pic that we have in existence is our Under 14 team in 1990.

We have a Modsec Legends and Old Boys team currently in existence.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »
DT you have an agenda for games just in case I am in TT, I can pull through for a sweat...

1]; } ?>