May 28, 2024, 06:48:20 PM

Author Topic: A look back: Portugal 1991  (Read 11883 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A look back: Portugal 1991
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 12:07:29 PM »
Who remember when Boney knock out the Mexican with a straight right... ah think it was in the velodrome
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
TnT scored 0 and collected 12?????
some things haven't changed

We scored our first goal in the Azteca, we scoring our first goals in a WC

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:20 AM »
Shawn Boney interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpt4wdgYI-k

He mentions the Portugal 1991 tournament.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 07:08:06 AM »
That sqquad had ballers with real potential boy

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

How did this team + latapy, dwarikah, marcel, lewis not make a WC in 1994 or 1998?
unbelievable
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 07:09:29 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

How did this team + latapy, dwarikah, marcel, lewis not make a WC in 1994 or 1998?
unbelievable
call just ONE name and I will  :whistling:
 :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable

none of these fellas ever played together in a Qualifier for T&T. Either some came and others were missing or none of them were called.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable
call just ONE name and I will  :whistling:
 :devil:

Iz it d fella who went up d hill wit Jill 2 catch a pale of water?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 07:25:50 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable

Professionalism in team mgmt and operations occured once in we football in WC06 was d end result.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 10:23:31 AM »
unbelievable

Keep in mind that the 1994 World Cup was the last one that had only 24 teams in the finals (in 1998 it was expanded to 32) and the USA had automatically qualified as the host country, so all of CONCACAF was essentially fighting for one spot. It was never going to be easy.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 10:32:07 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable
         Professionalism in team mgmt and operations occured once in we football in WC06 was d end result.
    It's not only once we qualified for a WC u know plus we hosted one.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »
Shawn Boney interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpt4wdgYI-k

He mentions the Portugal 1991 tournament.

Thanks for the link Zeppo.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 10:52:27 AM »

From left to right; back row: 1 Michael McComie, 6 Richard Theodore, 3 Kirk Trotman, 16 Anthony Eve, 2 Shawn Boney; front row: 13 Dale Boucher, 10 Antonio Sherwood, 8 Glen Benjamin, 11 Jerren Nixon, 5 Dean Pacheco, 7 Dwight Yorke

Since when Anthony Sherwood's name became Antonio?

Soccernet figure he hispanic or what?

;D

Yuh miss this one too...Anthony Eve ?
[/quote]

Thanks, I eh realize they call Angus Eve Anthony Eve.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable

I'll tell you why for 94.

We had jamaica to hang in T&T.  Men trow way goals galore.  Hit post etc.  Den jamaica get one chance....a man send a low cross into de area, clayton morris and maurice both went for it.  It was really a easy save for Maurice.  De ball hit clayton foot and hop over maurice and gorn een de net.  GOAL.

We dominate for 89 minutes and 50 seconds.  Lorse.

Goin to jamaica....yorke say doh worry...we go mash dem up.  Well...we struggle on de rock quarry de jamaicans does call "the Office".  Man pass a ball along de ground...ball bouncin 5 time before it reach de player...ball takin crazy hop all kinda ting.  Game end up 1-1.  We out de world cup before it really start.

Jamaica gone to de Hex to play Canada and dem....we had Maurice, Faustin, Clayton Morris, Dexter Francis, Brian Haynes, Latas, Nakhid, Yorke, Leonson Lewis, & Boney on de side and couldn't get though dat qualification.

All dem "big" players and we couldn't make a forkane note.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 11:05:43 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable

We had jamaica to hang in T&T.  Men trow way goals galore.  Hit post etc.  Den jamaica get one chance....a man send a low cross into de area, clayton morris and maurice both went for it.  It was really a easy save for Maurice.  De ball hit clayton foot and hop over maurice and gorn een de net.  GOAL.

Goin to jamaica....yorke say doh worry...we go mash dem up.  Well...we struggle on de rock quarry de jamaicans does call "the Office".  Man pass a ball along de ground...ball bouncin 5 time before it reach de player...ball takin crazy hop all kinda ting.  Game end up 1-1.  We out de world cup before it really start.

Jamaica gone to de Hex to play Canada and dem....we had Maurice, Faustin, Clayton Morris, Dexter Francis, Brian Haynes, Latas, Nakhid, Yorke, Leonson Lewis, & Boney on de side and couldn't get though dat qualification.

I see a different game , maybe was one of mih sober days.
But I remember Jamaica play ah effective counter attack game and they had speed ,size and some skill up front in the form of Whitmore and Lowe. And Palos I think we lose that game 2-1
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable

You overdoing it there. I saw the game on TV, the one played in T&T. If I recall correctly, Jamaican midfielder Winston Anglin was the man of the match in that game...T&T dominated the game in spurts...so did Jamaica. It was Peter Isaacs who got the goal, yes, it was a simple tap-in.

The game in Kingston was a more evenly contested game....but the better team came out on top in the long run. ;D
I remember listening on the Radio, i was just about 15 years old back then..in thoe days football was all that matered to me, everything else was secondary.

I believe that was when Jamaica strated holding the upper hand on T&T in regional football. Paul Tegat Davis had a good spell of games vs T&T around that time as well...it was around that time that he just returned to Ja from Israel he scored the winning goal in the 2001 Caribbean Cup final in Kingston. Hector Wright and Hugh Bingie Bliar ran JAmaica's midfield at the time. Latapy played alongside Blair in the PMU midfield at the time....Lewis was the main striker upfront.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:26:41 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »
You overdoing it there. I saw the game on TV, the one played in T&T. If I recall correctly, Jamaican midfielder Winston Anglin was the man of the match in that game...T&T dominated the game in spurts...so did Jamaica. It was Peter Isaacs who got the goal, yes, it was a simple tap-in.

The game in Kingston was a more evenly contested game....but the better team came out on top in the long run. ;D
I remember listening on the Radio, i was just about 15 years old back then..in thoe days football was all that matered to me, everything else was secondary.

I believe that was when Jamaica strated holding the upper hand on T&T in regional football. Tegat Davis had a good spell of games vs T&T around that time as well...

You recall shite.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »
But I remember Jamaica play ah effective counter attack game and they had speed ,size and some skill up front in the form of Whitmore and Lowe. And Palos I think we lose that game 2-1

Eh heh?  Who score for we?

Lowe?  What year you torkin bout bro?  I doh even tink Tappa play dat game eedah.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:29:03 AM by palos »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »

Lowe?  What year you torkin bout bro?  I doh even tink Tappa play dat game eedah.

Hutson Charles come off de bench and score.

I remember that game real good... because half time me and meh partner walk downstairs normal and walk out on the track and sit down behind de bench. nobody ent run we and we lime with de bench normal... when Hutson went to warm up we tell him to score for we and so said so done.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »

Ah tell yuh it mighta been one of mih rare sober days, but to be honest I still seem to remember that it wasn't as one sided as yuh say and ah think Lowe play , maybe we need Tallman intervention.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2009, 11:20:27 PM »

Yorke
Sherwood
Eve
Theodore
pacheco
Nixon
Ince

all terrific

unbelievable
    It's not only once we qualified for a WC u know plus we hosted one.

I was referrin 2 d senior WC. D big 1

1]; } ?>