June 05, 2024, 02:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Sinking ship  (Read 5063 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sinking ship
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCAJhJgSYw

After watching TNT vs Haiti I had to post this song in tribute to the national team, the ship has sunk. That was by far the worst performance to date and a very shameful performance.

I am sure after the 2-2 draw with El Salvador many bandwagonist came back in support of the soccer team but after last night's performance the line was drawn.

I love my soccer but Trinidad's soccer is just not attractive to watch, plain awful at times. I wonder if we play Tahiti who will win.

Carlos is meh boy and bleeder are two senior players but their time is up. The sad thing is that there are no players who can replace them with their experience. This is a shame.

How do you play two attackers who are so similar and stationary, there was no one to put the defenders under any pressure by making runs off the ball.

There was no creativity or imagination, not just in the last third, the whole pitch for TNT. I saw the El Salvador/Guatemala game and the creativity and imagination of the two teams were amazing, the midfielders would actually thread balls through knowing the attackers would be on the same page to make those runs, very nice indeed.

I have noticed that TNT players do not dribble anymore, even within the confines of team ball. This is shocking. 

Our overall pace of game is too slow for elite soccer. As they is say in Trini - today for tomorrow.

I have not solutions for the team, just speechless. Where do we go next. How do we as a nation turn soccer around to get on the world's stage

Overall, F. The only way we can go is to fail forward

COSIGN.   One of the most sensible posts related to our brand of football.  The only team that T&T might be better than in this tournament is Belize.

Look at my "number of posts" and say what yuh want.... I know I have watched enough football to have an opinion --  ATB well said sah! 

It is EXTREMELY hard to watch our NATIONAL team, play such vanilla football.  The lack of movement off the ball, no desire to win the ball back, the lack of trust between players and ultimately the lack of mental and physical fitness... is alarming especially for a NATIONAL team.

You telling me that can't find 2 wingers that could run at a outside back with pace?  .... or a striker that knows how to create space for himself, so that the ball can find him?

could go on and on but... STEUPSS

Maxg ... that 1st post? ... STEUPSS  (especially for ah "HERO" Warrior)

Well allyuh stop watchin!! that's all. problem solved.

this is not news, it's been yrs we've been struggling, we went all the way to germany and failed to score one fackin goal, we missed out on south africa when we finish last in the hex, and miss out completely on 2014 in brazil.

the bottom line is either yuh supporting or not. if is pretty football alyuh looking for so allyuh could go back and bragg too allyuh yardie and central american friends then tough sh!t, go watch arsenal and barca!

i not in this for results, iza T&T fan win lose or draw! i have no problem in saying that we are not good enough ..........yet.......but i'm optimistic bout the future. we have a good coach and a great federation president, soo for me the future looks bright regardless of who qualify for what when and why.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »

i not in this for results, iza T&T fan win lose or draw! i have no problem in saying that we are not good enough ..........yet.......but i'm optimistic bout the future. we have a good coach and a great federation president, soo for me the future looks bright regardless of who qualify for what when and why.

:beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 04:42:27 PM »
People may not want to accept it or not but in reality the talent level of players have fallen drastically over the years. The era of the strike squad's talent when all players were local compared to now when there are so many players in inferior leagues around the world is second to none. The talent has dissipated. You can even compare intercol back in the day to now and it is quite evident, TNT soccer has for the longest time been bad on a macro and micro level.

I can't even say we going through a transition period, we have been stuck in the rut for the longest time. Where is the next Latapy or Yorke? It's highly unlikely coach Hart can turn this demise around, it's not about a coach being the savior of TNT soccer.

When I played at W.Connection back in the day there was something we said, "Professionalism is an attitude." Life is all mental. The mentality of TNT players must change, in reality there is a culture issue that produces what we see on the field today. What else can it be.

Now hear me out, if the population as a whole loves fete match soccer, what do you think will be the mindset or culture of soccer in trini. You can't get a proper crowd at the PFL games, but for intercol where there is more of a show and a lime the crowd comes out. Yes, there are people who are trying hard to create the proper mindset for the sport but the underlying culture of trini has a lot to play in the finished result on the soccer field and a lot of the intricate details of life in trini.

I am a realist and this is my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one, ok maxg. You do not have to agree with it, just respect people's opinions and move on.

I want the best for TNT, would always give my support, I am just sickened when I see our brand of soccer. We can do better, i know we can, hopefully this dry spell turns around sooner than later.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCAJhJgSYw

After watching TNT vs Haiti I had to post this song in tribute to the national team, the ship has sunk. That was by far the worst performance to date and a very shameful performance.

I am sure after the 2-2 draw with El Salvador many bandwagonist came back in support of the soccer team but after last night's performance the line was drawn.

I love my soccer but Trinidad's soccer is just not attractive to watch, plain awful at times. I wonder if we play Tahiti who will win.

Carlos is meh boy and bleeder are two senior players but their time is up. The sad thing is that there are no players who can replace them with their experience. This is a shame.

How do you play two attackers who are so similar and stationary, there was no one to put the defenders under any pressure by making runs off the ball.

There was no creativity or imagination, not just in the last third, the whole pitch for TNT. I saw the El Salvador/Guatemala game and the creativity and imagination of the two teams were amazing, the midfielders would actually thread balls through knowing the attackers would be on the same page to make those runs, very nice indeed.

I have noticed that TNT players do not dribble anymore, even within the confines of team ball. This is shocking. 

Our overall pace of game is too slow for elite soccer. As they is say in Trini - today for tomorrow.

I have not solutions for the team, just speechless. Where do we go next. How do we as a nation turn soccer around to get on the world's stage

Overall, F. The only way we can go is to fail forward

COSIGN.   One of the most sensible posts related to our brand of football.  The only team that T&T might be better than in this tournament is Belize.

Look at my "number of posts" and say what yuh want.... I know I have watched enough football to have an opinion --  ATB well said sah! 

It is EXTREMELY hard to watch our NATIONAL team, play such vanilla football.  The lack of movement off the ball, no desire to win the ball back, the lack of trust between players and ultimately the lack of mental and physical fitness... is alarming especially for a NATIONAL team.

You telling me that can't find 2 wingers that could run at a outside back with pace? .... or a striker that knows how to create space for himself, so that the ball can find him?

could go on and on but... STEUPSS

Maxg ... that 1st post? ... STEUPSS  (especially for ah "HERO" Warrior)

Yes we have three, lester peltier, cordel cato and kendell jaageosing, but they were not included.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
Eh ATB FYI the only thing that kept T&T in the running all these yrs was pure luck and raw talent.

if yuh look closely the game has eluded us and went past us, and we did not catch up with the times. the time for intercol and SSFL academies is over!

the bar must be raised and the standard must make leaps and bounds. yuh ever wonder why the top six teams in concacaf are always consistent?

mexico, USA coata rica honduras panama (new stalwart in concacaf) el salvador are always in contention, and right now we have haiti on our heels bc most their players are developed in france. that's bc they all have youth development and they rely not on some high school league to develop players.

if T&T is to develop beyond the dirt poor standard we are stuck in now, we must advance to academy development centers and a proper league with proper facilities, and fan base. and i hope timkee skeene/romany and stephen hart could all work in tandem with each other to bring about this advancement.

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 07:47:32 PM »
just cool you are right and i agree with all you said. proper academies and youth development is needed to implement proper structure and mental development of the young talent.

I was only making reference to intercol soccer but not alluding that schoolboy soccer is the way to develop players, no way.

Yes we have scraped by on pure luck and raw talent and that is why we struggling as a soccer nation, it's not enough. Not even enough to beat the other Caribbean nations. It's the mental approach that will take the team to the next level, this is where we lack as a nation.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 08:08:18 PM »
Well said, atb....well said!  :beermug: 

And don't worry about some of the negative people on this board who will discard what you say just because you barely post on this site.  Your opinions matter just as much as someone who has over 10,000 posts and basically lives on the SW forum.

Anyway, among many different issues, one of my main issues against the T&T team is the fact that they don't play 'hungry'.  They don't play like they're fighting for pride in their craft or anything.  The players quite frankly, play too much like well-fed well-financed prima-donnas who feel that they already 'make-it', so they don't need to prove anything any more. 

Also, T&T players need to stop watching the EPL and all them long-ball uncreative leagues.  We seem to be trying to emulate the same style and game-plan of the lame English team...a team that is almost zero threat in the world football community.  And our players need to progress out of the Intercol style of football.  You don't just stand there and wait for the ball to be passed directly to your feet in the attacking 3rd, like how most Intercol football is played.  You have to learn to run off the ball, and use mis-direction in offense, passing the ball to the SPACE, not necessarily to the man.     

There's a lot more I've stated on other posts, but I'll leave it right there.

To say that our players lack pride and don't fight hard enough are not true.  You think when you put on a TT jersey,  you as a player want to be embarassed. Come better than that. Our team is not good enough at this time. They may surprise us tonight, but SH is yet to stamp his authority on this team. He is working with what is given to him. He probably still figuring out how to balance this team.The man took over the team 3 weeks ago.

The point that they play like well financed prima-donna is a joke. WHo on that team does act like he above the rest. We have 1 EPL, and the other is Belgium, and other Euro leagues, MlS, and Asian leagues and they acting like prima-donna? What I see is a team that is not good enough. They players don't have enough confidence in each other as yet. I don't think we have the players to take on oponents one on one with ease. We don't have players in the mold of Latas, Elliot-Allen, DY, Sammy, Archie, Steve David, etc. That is not SH fault. That is a TTFA problem. So allyuh stop dumping on our guys.

Here it nah...my posts still stands.  I call it like I see it, and it's been mad years now I noticing that.

And yes, I know and understand that it's a building process, and Hart has to make his stamp on this tea,, and it will take a while to do so.  But by the same token these players are professionals.  They grew up playing small goal...football at all levels from primary school to secondary school...and many at overseas club level...and "you're" telling me that some of de most basic fundamental aspects of the game has to be coached????  Sorry...but I don't buy that. 

Other than that, I hear what you're saying...I just don't like to bail-out players who should know better, that easily.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

1]; } ?>