June 08, 2024, 01:08:23 AM

Author Topic: The American Dream (or the American nightmare?)  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The American Dream (or the American nightmare?)
« on: July 11, 2009, 05:24:08 AM »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The American Dream (or the American nightmare?)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:20:26 PM »
sounds like he get 'railroaded'....I hope justice falls in his favour

he real have a profile like freddy adu tho
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:23:48 AM »
Maybe related to 17 year old Emmanuel Frimpong of Arsenal reserves?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
Maybe related to 17 year old Emmanuel Frimpong of Arsenal reserves?

common ghanian surname.

tina ellerston of the USA national team maiden name was frimpong. she parents from ghana.

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_280728.html

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »
Daiz a rell hard luck story for the young lady and the young man.

On the evidence, it certainly seems as if it was not enough to convict the youth.

Good thing I never went out much as an undergrad or got mixed up in such a bad situation.

My prayers are with the victim's and youth's family.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »

Good thing I never went out much as an undergrad or got mixed up in such a bad situation.

you'd be surprised how much thing is go on in university. nuff get girl drunk and date rape them or drug them up. half of the time they doh even report it.

but u have to blame dem woman too b/c they getting down falling down drunk. if u have a cyat u cyah doh dat unless u eh mind some rapist running up in there.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
Daiz a rell hard luck story for the young lady and the young man.

On the evidence, it certainly seems as if it was not enough to convict the youth.

My prayers are with the victim's and youth's family.

Screw the victim. These american parents let their kids grow up any old how, doing whatever they want and when something bad happens or a situation they cannot handle they blame someone else. I hate reading stories like these is pisses me off. You read how much she has been out drinking and doing whatever? She obviously does not care about her safety. Imagine on the day you get your drivers' permit back from a DUI suspension you go out drinking. Not an ounce of responsibility to herself, much less towards others.

I see it everyday, mothers especially, growing up their daughters in such a manner that in the long run they will feel the pinch. No lessons of responsibility, respect or concerns for other. No teachings in looking towards the future and how decisions made now can and will affect your life later on. So don't call her a victim. She remembers exactly what happens, it's just that she remembered what happen after she filed the claim and the memory is that of her boyfriend. She is a definite alcoholic, she is having black outs and cannot abstain from drinking.

I can't see how this case even made it to the court room. Land of the free.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »
Rape could last 15 minutes?..What did he do set time aside for foreplay...wth..She is a joke...Too bad the youth still get convicted..

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »
Eric Frimpong: The Injustice Continues
by Bill Archer (BigSoccer.com)

From time to time I've looked in on the Eric Frimpong case and the stench that surrounds his imprisonment.

Now comes THIS INVESTIGATIVE PIECE which sheds new light on some of the circumstances which have led to this young man's incarceration.

It's sad. It's shocking. And it's worth your time.

Racist cops. Incompetent defense. Scalp-counting prosecutors. Corrupt judiciary. Deranged "victim". Innocent kid.

BigSoccer, for all the abuse we give the thing, has a whole lot of bright, knowledgeable people as members. Please, can someone help us figure out what we can do?

Remaining silent is no longer an option.

Enough is enough.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »
his accuser was a woman with little memory of what happened that night because of a near-toxic blood alcohol level; that Frimpong's DNA wasn't found on the victim; that semen found on her underwear belonged to a jealous boyfriend

Shouldn't this be enough for a Not Guilty verdict.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »
his accuser was a woman with little memory of what happened that night because of a near-toxic blood alcohol level; that Frimpong's DNA wasn't found on the victim; that semen found on her underwear belonged to a jealous boyfriend

Not for a negro sorry.  He needed to be home studying and practicing.   ::)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »

Her DNA was found on him... putting him at least on the scene that night.  The semen of her boyfriend could easily be explained.  Doesn't make Eric Frimpong guilty, just points out that there is no clear cut answer one way or another.  That said, lack of a "clear cut answer" (guilt beyond reasonable doubt) would be sufficient you would think.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 10:51:04 PM »
wow, after reading this you does have to wonder if justice would ever prevail when a poor person is involved, especially an immigrant in the US   :(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
 After reading this story a few day ago, I became very curious as to what the outcome of this case might be, so I did some search and THIS is the latest I came across...

How can this boy still go to jail for a crime that he did not commit? ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
After reading this story a few day ago, I became very curious as to what the outcome of this case might be, so I did some search and THIS is the latest I came across...

How can this boy still go to jail for a crime that he did not commit? ???

Big Up!

He's black.... when I entered JHU we had a lacrosse goalie who was positively identified drugging girls and raping them. Since he was white, had money and a good lawyer. He was released from the JHU team, expelled from school and was never jailed... but I'm not a lawyer so I can't define specifics of this boys case other than he was dark skinned... good luck in court African buddy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:39:40 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:08:13 PM »
look like the appeal denied. frimpong lock up.

nice write-up from one of his old team mates.

http://www.soccercleats101.com/2010/03/16/defending-a-friend-eric-frimpong/

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
That's rough, I hope justice eventually prevails

I will get rell flack for this but...

he shouldn't even be around that woman; whether he guilty or not, jealousy and evil will drown out any sort of justice...

Not for a negro sorry.  He needed to be home studying and practicing.   ::)

Preacher all aside, you hit a nail on the head...Any immigrant (chinese, black, indian, hispanic etc) who's struggling need to be studying and practising

whey boy!

1]; } ?>