June 04, 2024, 01:41:02 PM

Author Topic: 25 Most Deadly US Cities  (Read 3079 times)

AirMan

25 Most Deadly US Cities
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:14 AM »
Thest rankings are based off of Homicide rates per 100,000 people.

•Detroit (MI) 1

•Baltimore (MD) 2

•St. Louis (MO) 3

•Newark (NJ) 4

•Oakland (CA) 5

•Kansas City (MO) 6

•Cleveland (OH) 7 (tie)

•Washington, DC 7 (tie)

•Philadelphia (PA) 9

•Memphis (TN) 10

•Cincinnati (OH) 11

•Atlanta (GA) 12

•Tulsa (OK) 13

•Miami (FL) 14

•Chicago (IL) 15

•Houston (TX) 16

•Dallas (TX) 17

•Pittsburgh (PA) 18

•Milwaukee (WI) 19

•Louisville-Jefferson County (KY) 20

•Nashville-Davidson County (TN) 21

•Long Beach (CA) 22

•Oklahoma City (OK) 23

•Santa Ana (CA) 24

•Jacksonville (FL) 25

taken from another site

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: 25 Most Deadly US Cities
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
I just stared at the topic header and knew Detriot would have been #1.  But look where Houston placed at. Now that's a surprise.

I didn't expect Atlanta to be in this group...but pfft :-\
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:07:08 AM by Prematie Bheem »

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »
to think that Norfolk VA eh come in on that list...I surprised.

Notice NY City eh on de list either. Neither Buffalo

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »
Baltimore was fighting strong for No 1....

Here is our motto "Stop the Snitching"

we renamed it Body-more/Murderland instead of Baltimore/Maryland

We pride ourselves as being brainwashed progressive liberals.... no matter how bad things get we will tax the rich of Mt Vernon, Bolton Hill, Charles Village or Federal Hill.... We rather live on welfare, sell drugs and rap about the hard life, complain about white people.... we have driven out major companies from the inner harbor because of our violence and destruction... Our Mayors have been idiots and don't talk about our Senators or  our Governor... He was being groomed as a future democratic national presidential nominee... We will hit no 1 look out Detroit.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
Nashville more deadly than Brooklyn NY. WoW....I will walk anywhere in Nashville anytime, not so in Brooklyn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
Baltimore was fighting strong for No 1....

Here is our motto "Stop the Snitching"

we renamed it Body-more/Murderland instead of Baltimore/Maryland

We pride ourselves as being brainwashed progressive liberals.... no matter how bad things get we will tax the rich of Mt Vernon, Bolton Hill, Charles Village or Federal Hill.... We rather live on welfare, sell drugs and rap about the hard life, complain about white people.... we have driven out major companies from the inner harbor because of our violence and destruction... Our Mayors have been idiots and don't talk about our Senators or  our Governor... He was being groomed as a future democratic national presidential nominee... We will hit no 1 look out Detroit.

Daft, is that bad? Seriously?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
girl you obviously never been to bmore, brooklyn to me is alot safer than detroit and bmore.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:22 AM »
girl you obviously never been to bmore, brooklyn to me is alot safer than detroit and bmore.
no boy i have never been there that is why I asked Daft if it was that bad.....
so i would assumed Daft would reply and tell me 'Cana yeah girl!'

if that's alright with you of course.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »
Baltimore is visually depressing.
Just like how it is in The Wire.

AirMan

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
I think the one last year had Oakland as number one

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
It have plenty black people in them cities?????????????????????????????

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 05:11:52 PM »
I wonder if people in Detroit, by 12th street,  does still fire off their weapons on Halloween night?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »
I wonder if people in Detroit, by 12th street,  does still fire off their weapons on Halloween night?

Dey doing dat all over Brooklyn  even in street parties

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »

Not brooklyn new york!!!!!!!!!  breds, if yuh sneeze here too hard, about 15 squad cars coming @ the same time. in brooklyn used tuh have plenty store fronts (gates), now yuh can scarcely find one.

the police on every block in the hood on foot, from 8 am to till sunrise, almost 24hrs. fellas who sellin drugs have tuh hustle on their cellular and do drop offs to their costomers, that's how drugs sellin in this town.

corner n@ggers is ah thing of the past here in BKLYN. is only neighborhoods like bushwick yuh MAYYY see SOMEEE fellas on ah block doin ah ting sellin out of ah building, but on the whole, dat bad boy stickup kid gun man life style dun!!!

them big business men doh want that in their city no mo, NYC iz basically disneyland now. imagine , white ppl sitting in sidewalk cafes here in brooklyn in the hood sippin wine and lattes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:20:21 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »
Allyuh have tuh understand something, drugs does fuel this economy. right now if their was no drugs and dealers here in the good ole US of A, the economy will not survive!

they need drugs like ah plane needs fuel. regan used drugs to keep the country from going belly up, that's why the republicans does call him the savior of our country! pinapple face, and the muhjardin was once friends with uncle samuel, and how ironic that these two groups have the most drugs in their boarders.

drugs was responsible for bringing back this economy in the 80ies. billions was generated from it and there was money in the system, ppl was spending big cash money on things they definitely didn't need, that's how drugs kept business alive through excess consumerism.

they knew they had tuh keep ppl in the inner cities desperate and uneducated in order for drugs to sell, they also never cater for drugs tuh affect so many white folks but it did.

right now in the hood in these cities, it's far more whites making the long trips from the berbs tuh buy drugs from these gang bangers! this is ah plan! that's why drugs can't stop coming through our borders, it keeps this economy afloat!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:22:16 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »

I have to admit that happened many many years ago
It was definetly a different experience indeed

But Just Cool,
wouldnt ALL New Yorkers benefit from such changes in habits
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:25:52 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
Allyuh have tuh understand something, drugs does fuel this economy. right now if their was no drugs and dealers here in the good ole US of A, the economy will not survive!

they need drugs like ah plane needs fuel. regan used drugs to keep the country from going belly up, that's why the republicans does call him the savior of our country! pinapple face, and the muhjardin was once friends with uncle samuel, and how ironic that these two groups have the most drugs in their boarders.

drugs was responsible for bringing back this economy in the 80ies. billions was generated from it and there was money in the system, ppl was spending big cash money on things they definitely didn't need, that's how drugs kept business alive through excess consumerism.

they knew they had tuh keep ppl in the inner cities desperate and uneducated in order for drugs to sell, they also never cater for drugs tuh affect so many white folks but it did.

right now in the hood in these cities, it's far more whites making the long trips from the berbs tuh buy drugs from these gang bangers! this is ah plan! that's why drugs can't stop coming through our borders, it keeps this economy afloat!

Nonsense!

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 09:31:52 PM »
Just Cool,
ya ever hear bout the foreign exchange market
it is bigger than drugs

"average daily turnover in global foreign exchange markets is estimated at $3.98 trillion"
compared to
"the global drug trade generated an estimated $321.6 billion"
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
Just Cool,
ya ever hear bout the foreign exchange market
it is bigger than drugs

"average daily turnover in global foreign exchange markets is estimated at $3.98 trillion"
compared to
"the global drug trade generated an estimated $321.6 billion"
YES, but the money don't circulate back into the economy as quick as drug money. them greedy bankers/ monsters does put the money in offshore bankin and invest the rest.

drug money does circulate Right back into the local economy, which is taxable income through consumer taxation which is something like 8%.

ask yuh self why regan and big bush was in bed wid such an unscrupulous fella in like manuel in the first place, and why they went to great length's tuh incarcerate his arse. it was not BC of the canal zone, but his and their involvement wid the drug trade.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:26:40 PM by just cool »

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »
There may be some merit to Banks benefiting from money laundering..just maybe.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »
There may be some merit to Banks benefiting from money laundering..just maybe.
If ya call Switzerland, I will  :whistling:

Check this bust on Vancouver Island
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/03/15/bc-cocaine-bust-price-gordon.html
prices gorn up
pushers happy like pappy ::)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:57:12 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:07 AM »
I just stared at the topic header and knew Detriot would have been #1.  But look where Houston placed at. Now that's a surprise.

What is the surprise?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »

What is the surprise?

the surprise for me is that Houston TX wasn't higher up on the list. Prior to my now known knowledge of Baltimore, I was placing them 2nd-3rd place. Late last year, every other homicide that made television news came from Texas. It got so bad that even in this very said forum, whenever someone created a thread about some homicide in the US of A, the first thing came to mind.....'i betting is Texas!'

75% of the time, the guestimation was correct.  How is living in Houston these days though?
Atlanta still have me sighing  :(

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:52:29 AM by Prematie Bheem »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
Thest rankings are based off of Homicide rates per 100,000 people.

•Detroit (MI) 1

•Baltimore (MD) 2

•St. Louis (MO) 3

•Newark (NJ) 4

•Oakland (CA) 5

•Kansas City (MO) 6

•Cleveland (OH) 7 (tie)

•Washington, DC 7 (tie)

•Philadelphia (PA) 9

•Memphis (TN) 10

•Cincinnati (OH) 11

•Atlanta (GA) 12

•Tulsa (OK) 13

•Miami (FL) 14

•Chicago (IL) 15

•Houston (TX) 16

•Dallas (TX) 17

•Pittsburgh (PA) 18

•Milwaukee (WI) 19

•Louisville-Jefferson County (KY) 20

•Nashville-Davidson County (TN) 21

•Long Beach (CA) 22

•Oklahoma City (OK) 23

•Santa Ana (CA) 24

•Jacksonville (FL) 25

taken from another site

I dunno much about d US, but as an outsider looking in, I always got the impression somewhere like New Orleans would be on a list like this?

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »

What is the surprise?

the surprise for me is that Houston TX wasn't higher up on the list. Prior to my now known knowledge of Baltimore, I was placing them 2nd-3rd place. Late last year, every other homicide that made television news came from Texas. It got so bad that even in this very said forum, whenever someone created a thread about some homicide in the US of A, the first thing came to mind.....'i betting is Texas!'

75% of the time, the guestimation was correct.  How is living in Houston these days though?
Atlanta still have me sighing  :(

Houston can be a dangerous place and EVERY night on the news is some kinda lakaray, but the thing is, the city is so huge and spread out, that large portions of the greater Houston area are untouched by major crime. You find a lot of nuisance crimes in the burbs (tagging, vandalism) and an increasing number of home invasions in middle/upper-middle class neighbourhoods. My experience has been that our local Sheriff's department/Constables react VERY quickly to the slightest disturbances.
Texas on the whole can be a redneck/hick paradise and the gun culture leads to craziness on all sides (you really have to see it to believe it), but very large parts of Houston itself are quite safe (you can go jogging by yourself late at night etc.). Major crime activity is mostly concentrated in specific locales, but it is spreading slowly (and worryingly).
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>