June 04, 2024, 05:01:56 PM

Author Topic: Champions League Final: Bayern v. Inter  (Read 10894 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League Final: Bayern v. Inter
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2010, 07:40:46 PM »
Dude,

You do realize that Real's point total this year would have been sufficient to win the league in any other year in history? 96 points!

And in terms of convincing wins, Real scored 102 goals this year. Pretty damn convincing if you ask me. That was more than even the mighty Barca scored this year.

K alyuh La Liga men ganging on meh no seen i dey here still. What have you learnt so far? Forget Jose, forget Inter, we are talking about modern football, the evolution itself has not yet awaken alot it seems... This evolution can be seen in both Internationally and at club level. It was clear when USA made it to the Confeds final that organization is a more secure avenue for success while pretty football is a natural disaster. USA inexperience lost them that game, hint (USA Coach).

In football you can score as many goals as you like, sure Madrid can score 6 on a bottom of the table team to make up the 107 goals this season but could they reply to Barca two goals at the Barn? Any good team can score goals but not many teams can defend and even less can do both.

Point is the game has evolved and some teams show it by been solid both defensively and offensively while others can only do one, score or defend.

Take me to school please.

See how rough Barca looked without Puyol, he aint getting any younger and which leaders can you point out in the Catalan side? Yea thats what I thought, Jose is going to ROCK Barca's world if he decides to go there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:53:16 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »
I will be interested to see how Madrid react to The Special One if he end up there. This is a side that fire Capello because they eh like he style of play.
Maybe now they might be more willing to accept a different style, but I think Murinho would need to deliver the goods pretty fast.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »
Congrats to Inter.....meh heart was wit BM on dis one but them fellas couldn't see dey way! I happy for Jose, Eto'o and de Brazilian contingent.  Julio Caesar is proving his worth, whatever his "worth" may be, time and time and time again.  He shows an unbreakable spirit in goal, even when he concedes and that must be worth a whole lot to his defenders.
    I woulda liked to see: (1) Eto'o score one fuh de record books and (2) Balotelli get a run out but in de end, it still most be good for those two fellas in particular, in light of all they have had to endure, to smile in the fices of their respective critics.  I eh know WHAT again Samuel Eto'o hadda do to make certain detractors sit up and show de man some respect. and I sure totti would give or take anything (on club level) including takin' back dat nasty kick on Balo. to have the medal that young boy have roung he neck right now.
 Jose is a man on a mission.  Real fans go be somewhat happy to have 'im.....but Barca stockin' up right now.  If they get they hands on some good CD's, Real still eh winnin' nutting, cronaldo or no cronaldo.   

As much respect I have for Jose he just like Phil Jackson never coaches teams where he has to building from scratch only whre he has tweek because the foundation already in place.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2010, 08:55:01 PM »
I will be interested to see how Madrid react to The Special One if he end up there. This is a side that fire Capello because they eh like he style of play.
Maybe now they might be more willing to accept a different style, but I think Murinho would need to deliver the goods pretty fast.

In this case it isn't about "What Madrid wants" more about "What Jose can offer" I suspect after Madrid wins the league etc they will be more greedy like you stated, yes i agree lol. ..  Jose might land them what they need but something tells me he will end up at United in England.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »
we are talking about modern football, the evolution itself has not yet awaken alot it seems...

I don't think anyone would dispute your points in terms of being effective. But I would bet money that not one person on this board form their initial love of the sport being inspired by effective ball. Is the magic that you come for. The show.

A professor told me a long time ago - it is not enough for your programs to work, they must also be elegant. Same thing with football I think. If we wanted to see people run hard and be organized then we would be all over the MLS.

What we talking about here in any case is not about huge gulfs in talent. We're talking inches. A slip here, a feint there, the sun in your eye and next thing you know you in 2nd place and people talking about you like you're garbage. As I've said before in this thread, sometimes you lift the weights, you run the miles, you train for hours, you're as sharp and as fit and as ready as you'll ever be, and the other guy is still better.

By all objective measures, Real Madrid had a season for the ages, but they come up 3 points short. That doesn't make their season any less great.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2010, 08:58:09 PM »
Jose might land them what they need but something tells me he will end up at United in England.

Newcastle?  ;D

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:01 PM »
we are talking about modern football, the evolution itself has not yet awaken alot it seems...

I don't think anyone would dispute your points in terms of being effective. But I would bet money that not one person on this board form their initial love of the sport being inspired by effective ball. Is the magic that you come for. The show.

A professor told me a long time ago - it is not enough for your programs to work, they must also be elegant. Same thing with football I think. If we wanted to see people run hard and be organized then we would be all over the MLS.

What we talking about here in any case is not about huge gulfs in talent. We're talking inches. A slip here, a feint there, the sun in your eye and next thing you know you in 2nd place and people talking about you like you're garbage. As I've said before in this thread, sometimes you lift the weights, you run the miles, you train for hours, you're as sharp and as fit and as ready as you'll ever be, and the other guy is still better.

By all objective measures, Real Madrid had a season for the ages, but they come up 3 points short. That doesn't make their season any less great.

Spoken like a true United fan. You have Sir Alex Blood in you. I am not sure in what context your reference is in relation to however it does differ so my partial agreement is just that. Sure you will please the crowd if you are a looking to please fans and put money in the Clubs pocket by selling shirts/tickets but not ALL fans have special teams, some just in it for the other sport, gambling. So, based on results if you already have money, fans and a decorated past in an honorable club success is the primary objective.

Spectacular show football is what a team like Trinidad should be playing now that we will not feature in SA. I expected a strike squad against chile in all seriousness. We dun know we cyah defend.. but we can attack and score why not.. it's a friendly make we look good?? nO? I would of much rather us score one and concede five than take a two nil ... where is the fighting spirit?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:13:03 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »
Spoken like a true United fan. You have Sir Alex Blood in you.
Them's fightin words!  :challenge:

What I saying is that football is the world's game because of the creativity. it not stifled down by ultra-conservative realists who looking to get the next one-nil victory and go home. Effective, yes. The thing that will make you go out in your back yard and kick a ball, maybe out of boredom.

Trinidad problem is that we want to play Brazil 1970, but we rolling with League 1 talent. In that case, structure will make up for talent.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:11:47 PM by Bitter »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »
...and this is why i am backing the world's greatest player with the world's best assortment of players to come up trumps this World Cup. It is not only about winning it is also about how you play the game. Argentina is yet to prove they are the world's best team ...next month is not far ...but they undoubtedly have the best players in world football ...not all of the best ...but more of the best than any other team. ...and they in wining mode this year !
Having the est players  is not an automatic sign of victory, as Brazil 78  and the hungarian team of puskas proved , but it does make your mouth water to see Messi _ world player of the year, Top scorer in Spain maybe even in Europe..and that is after unselfishly giving goals to teammaes to boost their confidence , ( he is also not the penalty taker for his team though he is very capable)
Higuain - Spain's second top scorer , Tevez. 31 goals this season, Milito- scorer of goals to win league in last game and a brace to win the European cup final and leading scorer in Italy, Veron- South american player of the year , Kun ....led team to victory in Europa league ....
Angel di maria - courted by world's top clubs
Samuel, part of inter's winning team
Demchellis- part of Bayern's league winning team and european finalist
Palermo- Boca's enigma and this year becamehighest ever scorer in Boca history...
nearly all dem fellas already won a world youth cup with argentina ...
So  pardon me folks if I agree with those who say winning is important  of course but is how you look winning is as well ..

1]; } ?>