May 23, 2024, 02:00:20 AM

Author Topic: Kudos to the people of T&T  (Read 1677 times)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kudos to the people of T&T
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »
Imagine the heated political campaign we recently saw yet election day was as peaceful as anyone could hope for.  Our nation has many problems but when it really matters out people show our true colors.

God bless T&T.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kudos to the people of T&T
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:41:49 AM »
Imagine the heated political campaign we recently saw yet election day was as peaceful as anyone could hope for.  Our nation has many problems but when it really matters out people show our true colors.

God bless T&T.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I was making that same point to a friend this morning.  I voted in Tobago.  Drive to airport, catch mih flight, drive to work, drove home in the evening....and the entire time people (on both islands) just went about their business normal, normal and I thought wow!!......the one thing we could be proud about is that no matter what, we still somehow are able to keep our heads about us.....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:20:20 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »
A great nation.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
A great nation.

Despite D LEADERS WE HAVE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »
A great nation.

well maybe that's it. there's nothing worth fighting over  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »
A great nation.

well maybe that's it. there's nothing worth fighting over  ;D

PT TAKEN

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »
Acting Police Commisioner was bragging about the good job the police did..and they did do a good job

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:13:09 AM »
in fairness to the political leaders, none of them called for violence or acted like they were encouraging it either.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
in fairness to the political leaders, none of them called for violence or acted like they were encouraging it either.

I dunno what people carrying on about, this is not the first high-stakes election we've had... Trinidad just don't have that type of history, scattered incidents (like Alicia Hospedales having paint thrown on her) aside.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »

I dunno what people carrying on about, this is not the first high-stakes election we've had... Trinidad just don't have that type of history, scattered incidents (like Alicia Hospedales having paint thrown on her) aside.

Bakes its just an acknowledgement of the fact that even at points in time when we seemed to be getting all worked up, in the end we simply do what we have to do and be over with it.....I remember Bourbon posting that he found the tension prior to the election to be at a fever pitch and thought that the place might explode after election day.  In response, most folks acknowledged exactly what you've posted wrt to our history and didn't see Bourbon's scenario playing out.  Still, its good to note that quality about us ever so often......IMHO....

Edit:
Ahem, ah know yuh meant Trinidad and Tobago..... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »
Bakes its just an acknowledgement of the fact that even at points in time when we seemed to be getting all worked up, in the end we simply do what we have to do and be over with it.....I remember Bourbon posting that he found the tension prior to the election to be at a fever pitch and thought that the place might explode after election day.  In response, most folks acknowledged exactly what you've posted wrt to our history and didn't see Bourbon's scenario playing out.  Still, its good to note that quality about us ever so often......IMHO....

Edit:

Lol... Tobago eh have no Indian, yuh fuhget or what?   ;)

but in fairness to the forumites here my comments are more in general... everybody writing article and thing like dey was expecting people to start burning thing down.  I dunnow what was going on in people mind, especially de PP supporters, but I was'n expecting nutten more than de usual wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:42:44 PM »

Edit:

Lol... Tobago eh have no Indian, yuh fuhget or what?   ;)

;D ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>