June 04, 2024, 12:29:23 PM

Author Topic: How can one man kill our entire football.  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: How can one man kill our entire football.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
So I got a question. Where does the money come from to make all these teams happy? All of them? Does it come from the government because they don't spend nearly enough on sport? does it come from public companies because they are owned by the government. Does it come from the private sector because dem doh spend on nuttin. More in rescent times but the private sector hardly put real dollars (continuous) behind no projects. Im not talking about handouts here I mean where does the money come from? The TTFF? or are we still balking about the Adidas money? Anyone with a real answer to this question will be insightful.

If you mean the Pro League teams, they are pretty much privately funded. The govt does support the poorer teams such as South End and they will always assist Tobago because its politically important to have a Tobagoan team in the league. As I understand it, South End have no sponsors. While I believe that the League needs to be expanded to maybe 14 teams, I also believe each team should be financially competent to compete. Private companies will invest in football if the teams market themselves adequately. It is not enough to play football. You also have to support your sponsors. When the sponsors ask "Whats in it for us?" you have to be able to show that you can provide real value for them. Until teams understand that they are a business first and a sports team second, they will continue to struggle financially.

However, I do believe the govt should be providing support to the Pro League. It is important in the development of our National team. But much more community work should be carried out. Perhaps there should be a proviso with a cash award....heres some money, but in return you must complete 5 community projects??

Ah like yuh post.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How can one man kill our entire football.
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:39 AM »
True that Sam.

1]; } ?>