June 15, 2024, 10:19:54 PM

Author Topic: QUEEN OF SOCA  (Read 1896 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
QUEEN OF SOCA
« on: November 04, 2010, 07:16:19 AM »
http://www.indiegogo.com/QUEEN-OF-SOCA-1

I posted this to help spread the word about an independent movie production

Kevin Adams left Trinidad at the tender age of 14 to live abroad in New York. In 2001 he attended Brooklyn College where he pursued a degree in film production with a concentration in screenwriting. Upon graduating, he returned to Trinidad for Carnival for the first time in 2006. After witnessing Carnival, this was his inspiration behind writing the movie, "Queen of Soca." Spending time in Morvant Trinidad and growig up in La Canoa he was able to connect to the pass and how life can be difficult for the average youth. In order to help the youths of impoverished communites they sometimes need inspiration, and that's what "Queen of Soca" is about, a rags to riches story. The impact will teach most people that no matter what, you should never give up as we don't know what tomorrow will bring. This is a very ambitious project on a very low budget. Our main goal is to develop the local film industry by creating jobs, and enhancing the existing skill set of local technical professionals. We also aim to engage and harness the business sector of T&T by bringing Caribbean stories to the forefront. We strongly believe that if we don’t begin to create the necessary film & TV productions based on our own culture, it is hardly likely that we will be able to influence the world with our arts and culture. Our film incorporates two initiatives, youth and education as well as arts and culture and is currently employing/training youths as interns and production assistants in the departments of sound, lighting, directing, cinematography, art direction and script development through the Trinidad & Tobago Film Company who are the main funders of our film. We are in need of $14,000 USD for production and post production. In production, equipment rental such as lights, the red camera, sound, grip equipment, paying a crew of 20 people for 30 days, catering, and transportation. In post-production, we need an editing facilty with an editor along with a 1000gig external hard drive. If you own a business and can't provide cash but can assist with catering, transportation, airfare, hotel, equipment or other, we will be happy to accomodate that. You can also email a check: TriniGoodfellas Video Production c/o Glenford K. Adams US address: 1317 Prospect Place Brooklyn NY 11213 Trinidad Address: 89 Louise Horne Phrase 4-2 Malabar Arima Trinidad West Indies If you cannot give cash donation but you can contribute as a PA or providing catering or craft (snacks) or transportation for crew and cast, we would like to hear from you. queenofsocamovie@gmail.com. Last but not least, we would ask of everyone to please spread the word about our Movie, it is just as valuable as a donation. Thank you
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: QUEEN OF SOCA
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:32:03 PM »
Eh Pecan you know good people boy ,I know that brother for a long time he is such a humble person ,my son do that type of work so I introduce him to Kev, they did some work together and kev had to leave to work on his project in trinibago glad to see he completed it and would gladly contribute to it.

Pecan if you have a number for kevin can you pm me i know somebody who might contribute to his project . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »
Eh Pecan you know good people boy ,I know that brother for a long time he is such a humble person ,my son do that type of work so I introduce him to Kev, they did some work together and kev had to leave to work on his project in trinibago glad to see he completed it and would gladly contribute to it.

Pecan if you have a number for kevin can you pm me i know somebody who might contribute to his project . 

Aye Zulu, I dont know him personally.  I got the info from my cousin-in-law who is in the theater and film industry (Brown Cotton Company)

I do not have a phone number but I will make inquiries.

In the meantime, why not try the email address or mailing address in the story?

queenofsocamovie@gmail.com

TriniGoodfellas Video Production c/o Glenford K. Adams
US address: 1317 Prospect Place Brooklyn NY 11213
Trinidad Address: 89 Louise Horne Phrase 4-2 Malabar Arima Trinidad West Indies

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:43:20 AM by pecan »

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:29:48 AM »
A breadrin of mine. Went to the college together in NY. All he talked about was movie making /production. Not surprise he reach to this level..

:beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Extras needed for "Queen of Soca" movie Karaoke scene
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »
You have a a couple of hours to make your name

Extras needed for "Queen of Soca" movie Karaoke scene

Tuesday, December 7 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm

Location   D'Cave Restaurant & Night Club

Kevin Adams: More Info   #43 Boissierre Village, Maraval

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=174655119225396

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »
Sugar, Weary!! allyuh in that?

1]; } ?>