June 15, 2024, 08:49:40 PM

Author Topic: We have the upper hand  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
We have the upper hand
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:14:26 AM »
I wouldn't be too woried fellas. There is a lot in our favour for the upcoming game.

We are forgetting that our players have superior technical ability.
 We played and beat Guatemala and Mexico; teams with very good technical ability.
 We have done our home work on Bahrain having scouted their last two games.
 Even if Bahrain has a camp in Jamaica and plays a game we will have the opportunity to see them play even      more. Obviously some kind of underarm tactics and play and JFF giving the tapes to Beenie man.
 Our defense is strong enough to hold off a team who hardly scores goals in the first place.
 Under the new technical staff we have a 100% record at home
 We have Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy two veterans of World Cup qualification and would do the things neccesary to prevent 1989 happening again.

To be honest I think we are at least two goals better than Bahrain in first leg.We just have to prevent them from scoring.  A win or even a goaless draw is almost beneficial to us because it means that they will attack in the second leg ang leave space for our players to exploit. Remembering of course that away goals double up.

0-0 home and 1-1 away and we are in the World Cup
1-0 home and we already there and i'm not being over anxious because once we force Bahrain to play football we will beat them .

The way I see it an early goal for T&T against Bahrain will brake their camels' backs. Our coaching staff and players are too experienced to be complacent now. We have to take them seriously but we have every reason to believe that we will beat Bahrain and go the World Cup next year in Germany.

I am a Soca Warrior !

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We have the upper hand
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 11:27:46 AM »
yeh they commin for a draw and to hit on the counter, once we win even 1-0 here we should get it, in the second leg we can frustrate them, as the clock goes down they will start to worry, their a young team with hardly any big game experience and without big club experience. 1-0 at home would be good, 2-0 and we will qualify for sure. remember once we are ahead from the first leg they know an away goal for us would settle it, so even as they try to attack the danger from us will force them to naturaly play the way they are comfortable with and thats to sit bak and soak pressure. i think we can take control of the tie with in 30 mins of the first leg once we keep it tight and professional. in the away leg i think jones will play a vital part late on if we are winning.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 01:14:57 PM »
Moreover I think we have a coach who knows exactly how to play the mind-games with them and how to prepare a team and develop strategies to beat them. Our team will be much more relaxed and very confident and we have many more attacking players to choose from now.

We beating them coming and going!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 11:07:58 PM »
Allyuh now starting tuh see the light.
These fellas never play against teams that have the level of skill we have, also  with Beenhaker we have developed technical ability that we did not have in the past.

Two scenarios :
Scenario 1. In the first 15 mins of the game we go up 2-0, by the end of the game their much vaunted defence will be in shambles and a 4-0 or larger score will be a distinct possibility.

Scenario 2. Their defense holds for the first half and we go in at the half 0-0,
Beenhaker has his halftime talk and we come out in the second half and score at least 1 goal from a set piece.

After that the game in Bahrain should be a cake walk because we have the professionals who will know what it takes to preserve the advantage and basically Bahrain is a shit side that was not supposed to be here in the first place.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 11:26:15 PM »

We are forgetting that our players have superior technical ability.

How do you know that ? Have you seen Bahrain play ? Have you scouted their players ?

I watched Trinidad play and I think they are equal to Bahrain...

you on the other hand are basing a comment because you don't know bahraini players ... lol

Bahrain has a good team... it will surprise many of you. Also I agree that our goal drought was pathetic... but missing Asia's top goal scorer for most the qualifying does that to a team.

:)

I wish for a good game between both sides, and I truely wish the best team on the feild wins.

Trinidad with its physical ability and nefty veterans comes in with its vast experience

Facing Bahrain the team full of youngsters with good ability and a solid team.

I just hope in the end people will accept that who won deserves it and we don't get crap like "they bought the game"

-Sal from Barhain

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 11:30:03 PM »
actually most of us did see your team play and it is very textbook. not saying they cant play but its very predictable
whereas we have players who think more and play based on the actual game their in.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 11:35:40 PM »
actually most of us did see your team play and it is very textbook. not saying they cant play but its very predictable
whereas we have players who think more and play based on the actual game their in.

true our team has been suffering lately, but its no where how they perform, the Uzbekistan games (second one) as well as the Asian cup showed our team's true colors ... although the changing off coaches (the first coach we were doing well with just left for a bigger contract ... that punk ! distoryed our team morale, then we hired a temp coach again a stupid decision which owned us even more!, but with this new coach they finally seem to have it comming back again)

also trinidad has way more experience... so I expect them to know how to deal with such situations of pressure  :D

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:58:17 AM »
WE WILL CARRY ON... WE NOT GIVING UP... WE GOING GERMANY....

GO WARRIORS
 :beermug: :beermug:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »

true our team has been suffering lately, but its no where how they perform, the Uzbekistan games (second one) as well as the Asian cup showed our team's true colors ... although the changing off coaches (the first coach we were doing well with just left for a bigger contract ... that punk ! distoryed our team morale, then we hired a temp coach again a stupid decision which owned us even more!, but with this new coach they finally seem to have it comming back again)

also trinidad has way more experience... so I expect them to know how to deal with such situations of pressure  :D
asalman you see the the guatemala and mexico game.ah want yuh honest opinion.trini play with a motive thay play with desire and heart.right now de team have unity.after watchin these two games yuh not at all worried.IF NOT.YUH SHOULD B.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 12:04:35 PM »
Jah GOl dat is ah borse post

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 04:17:40 PM »
i hav to dis agree with fishes i think if we score it aint go be from a set piece

we aint score from a set piece in all of qualifiying nut even a penalty

an we trow way bout 8 corners against mexico wen u bussing da net it go be in d run of play as always
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>