June 09, 2024, 03:49:18 AM

Author Topic: a-a look ting  (Read 730 times)

truetrini

a-a look ting
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »
[BEGIN PASTE]

21st September, 2012

Mr. Nirad Tewarie
General Secretary
Congress of the People
Flagship House
2 Broome Street
St. Clair

Dear Nirad,

I write to you today to resign with immediate effect as a member of the Congress of the People The decision has been a very difficult one to make because it was always my understanding and belief that the COP had built its strength and reputation on the values of truth, justice and freedom. In my view the COP has, under the leadership of Prakash Ramadhar and the chairmanship of Joseph Toney, degenerated into a failed political entity. The leadership’s insistence on maneuvering for political space in an abysmally corrupt People’s Partnership government has resulted in an unwillingness to uphold the foundational values and principles of the COP.

The COP has betrayed the trust of the population it secured on 24th May, 2010 as it continues to partner with the UNC in generating anything resembling good governance. The maximum leadership that is intrinsic to the PNM has now become firmly rooted in the COP as the political leader and chairman continue to abuse their authority by being critical of the exercise of democracy in the party. The party’s reluctance to leave the People’s Partnership has nullified the radical transformation that I have been able to achieve within my electoral district of Glencoe/Goodwood/La Puerta. I can no longer allow my people to view our tireless work as another gimmick of a party that has failed to protect our national patrimony.

I still believe in the ideals of the “true” COP and I hope that one day the membership will be successfully in reclaiming the party and restoring its original vision and hope to the people of Trinidad and Tobago.

I make this decision in complete peace.

Yours Sincerely,

Ricardo Garcia
Councilor Glencoe/Goodwood/La Puerta

[END PASTE]

By the way, I am unsure that this is real eh, but he was saying recently that he done with them

1]; } ?>