June 15, 2024, 10:54:40 PM

Author Topic: Glen remains open for T&T selection; calls for players union  (Read 7480 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen remains open for T&T selection; calls for players union
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 04:08:14 AM »
First, Jamaica had a strike in the middle of the last Caribbean Cup. They were promptly paid and went on to win the entire competition.
The players at the forefront of the strike were the senior players who didn't particularly need the money but stood on principle for the entire team and, in particular, the younger players. Not quite the way Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy did it.
Secondly, it isn't that the entire North East Stars team cannot have double sessions. It is that Cornell Glen has had and continues to have injury problems. So his legs are preserved.
He has probably played two 90 minute games all season. But he has been able to play in all nine games for North East Stars and he scored eight goals. So North East Stars coach Angus Eve probably knows what he is doing in that respect.

Jamaica could afford to stike, they been winning the tournament for years and they also do it as a team.

Our players cant even score a goal in the world cup and want millions.

Glen is not the hero here, he didn't stand up for anyone, infact, no one on the team seems to care what he thinks right now, they have a job to do.

He pick the wrong time because he wants the team to fail to justify him not being picked.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 04:54:46 AM »
First, Jamaica had a strike in the middle of the last Caribbean Cup. They were promptly paid and went on to win the entire competition.
The players at the forefront of the strike were the senior players who didn't particularly need the money but stood on principle for the entire team and, in particular, the younger players. Not quite the way Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy did it.
Secondly, it isn't that the entire North East Stars team cannot have double sessions. It is that Cornell Glen has had and continues to have injury problems. So his legs are preserved.
He has probably played two 90 minute games all season. But he has been able to play in all nine games for North East Stars and he scored eight goals. So North East Stars coach Angus Eve probably knows what he is doing in that respect.

Jamaica could afford to stike, they been winning the tournament for years and they also do it as a team.

Our players cant even score a goal in the world cup and want millions.

Glen is not the hero here, he didn't stand up for anyone, infact, no one on the team seems to care what he thinks right now, they have a job to do.

He pick the wrong time because he wants the team to fail to justify him not being picked.

correction...Sancho scored a goal! nobody cld say we eh score a goall!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »

Our players cant even score a goal in the world cup and want millions.  I always take offence when I hear people parrot Jack Warners statement. Why can't you guys be proud of your performance? Do you really understand what T&T achieved in 2006?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 06:03:41 AM »
FS, we do not parrot what Jack Warner says bro, this is facts.

And I am proud of the guys in 2006.

Everyday these 2006 WC players in the news crying for money, move on man, the matter is in court, wait for it to be resolved.

Glen talking about he made more before, so ? we had million before and Jack Warner stole it.

I took a pay cut from my company after Sept 11 so they can stay afloat, I am yet to reach my pay I had since then, gradually, I would.

We need to make sacrifices for the better.

If the TTFF was making millions then I would say go right ahead, but they broke, why cant you understand this.

Glen did nothing here to show he stand up for anyone, all he did was open his trap in a bad time.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 06:40:20 AM »
FS, we do not parrot what Jack Warner says bro, this is facts.

And I am proud of the guys in 2006.

Everyday these 2006 WC players in the news crying for money, move on man, the matter is in court, wait for it to be resolved.

Glen talking about he made more before, so ? we had million before and Jack Warner stole it.

I took a pay cut from my company after Sept 11 so they can stay afloat, I am yet to reach my pay I had since then, gradually, I would.

We need to make sacrifices for the better.

If the TTFF was making millions then I would say go right ahead, but they broke, why cant you understand this.

Glen did nothing here to show he stand up for anyone, all he did was open his trap in a bad time.

Maybe it was bad timing. But its the first time he's been invited for a while, and if he made the statement before it would be construed as sour grapes.

TTFF are not broke. They frequently spend $250k to bring over a QC from UK and have a legal team in T&T for a case they lost 4 years ago.

Remember, this case has already been won and the judgement upheld in T&T high court. The players will get their money.

But hear what : "These players who are crying over their money" could have settled for big money months ago. But instead, they know they have TTFF on the ropes. You all want Groden and them gone. You all want the recovery of the missing $100 million. Yet now you're all criticising the same men who will make this happen.

You say "the matters in court" Do you realise that this case does not move on its own? It takes research, strategy and a lot of legal fees to move it in the right direction. If the players and lawyers don't push, it will still be in court in 2020. TTFF are spending an awful lot of money to slow things down.

If TTFF are so broke as you say, why are Groden and friends still sitting there? Would you? I can tell you this guy has never taken a pay cut and still lives rent free. Who pays the staff, the rent, the utilities? Why would Tim-Kee take over if there is no money? How can they have 4 teams overseas at the moment? How can they run their F.A. Trophy?
Wake up and smell the coffee bro, and give these players the respect they deserve.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »
Funny enough, a lot of people used to dismiss winning the Caribbean Cup as anything of importance. The most important thing was qualifying for the WC. Now we eh winning everybody on the footballers case. Is a case of "what have you done me lately". That is understandable. It is purely human nature. And as for Sando claim that JA winning the cup for years. Well they were the champs for the past 2 tournament. I don't want play the numbers game. But who has 8 and who has 6.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 07:00:02 AM »
In Lasana latest article.

The former Caledonia and Guyana international coach was unhappy at North East Stars coach Angus Eve’s criticism of his team selection and hinted that Glen, the leading scorer in all competitions for the Pro League, had a personality issue with Charles since the latter’s stint as assistant to Otto Pfister.

“If Cornell is honest, he will know exactly why he isn’t here and the door is still open for him,” said Shabazz. “He has a Pfister monkey and he has to get it off his back; nobody here has anything personal with him… He has to continue to score goals and work hard and be a positive influence on the youths and not mislead them.

“Money was the first thing he came to address when he joined the training squad but the TTFF has no money…

1]; } ?>