May 28, 2024, 09:45:40 PM

Poll

u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?

Yes, I'm very sure
26 (68.4%)
No, Not even a chance
9 (23.7%)
Don't know
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: November 16, 2005, 10:19:48 PM

Author Topic: u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?  (Read 6902 times)

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 04:49:09 AM »
We over-powered Bahrain pretty much the entire game. Its unfortunate that we couldn't complete our scoring chances, but as Beenie already stated, this wasn't our best game.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: DOMINATED???!!!  What game were you watching?? The only T&T played that played football was Latapy.  The rest were help up in their positions.  Our defense was solid, and nothing went through accept the distant shots that our goalkeeper kept out (apart from the goal).

If you found that your team dominated you r kidding yourself.

Offline chocolatbwoy

• New Warrior
  • Big up all UK Trini's
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 04:51:40 AM »
After seeing the game last night I think the warriors have a better chane than before of qualifying, now they know how negative and defensive Bahrain are and they will be the same at home.  We often see football from Asia in London and most of the Arabic teams play this way very deep,slow passing and keeping men behind the ball.  If the warriors are aware of this we should take the game to them get an early goal then they will have to come out and play football.

LONDON POSSE SAYS BIG UP DA WARRIORS[/color]

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 05:12:59 AM »
I'm positive we can still pull through. Bahrain better defend as if their lifves depended upon it because we're coming all out. We have nothing to lose (figuratively speaking) because every goal we score will we counted as two. If Bahrain can hold us to a draw in TnT we should be able to AT LEAST do the same. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't win this match but we still have an excellent shot at still making it to the World Cup.

Honestly....answer me this Toppa.

We have a game AT HOME against a team of somewhat unknown quality.  This is a game that would be a MAJOR STEP in fulfilling life long dreams for all of our players.

So explain to me how 9 out of 11 players could sleep walk through an entire 90 minute match with a crowd that was galvanized from the start and everything in our favour?

How, if we had all of these conditions in our favour and we couldn't muster up the enrgy to put in a fighting performance AT HOME, are we supposed to "come out fighting" in Bahrain?

I cyah figure it out so anything you can come up with I would be interested to hear.

Thanx

Palos, sometimes that happens. With the exception of Whitley and Edwards we didn't play well. Maybe they were nervous, or maybe it was just one of those days but it happened tonite. I think Wednesday you will see a more focused warrior team playing with purpose. If there are any pluses from this match it is that we know that Bahrain cannot handle dribblers in the penalty area. Carlos Edwards and Whitley at times ran them ragged. There right side is their weak link and we need to play Cornell Glenn against them. His pace will cause their defense all sorts of problems. They cannot defend against players with dribbling skills. They gave away alot of freekicks as a result. The other point is we need more shots on goal. The keeper clearly is not as good as ours.

Now for our defense, we gave up a goal that should not have happened. Our man marking needs to be improved, and our back four needs to play a bit higher up.

I partly agree with you but dont forget that the pitch conditions aslo contributed in making it difficult of the side defenders.  This will be less of a problem for us in Bahrain. 

I think Beenhakker played out all his cards yesterday.  Bahrain will be coming out with a new formation and probably 3 different players with Hubail starting off the game this time.  Our coach did a great job in confusing T&T because our guy that scored played defense but he is actually a forward and last years league top scorer.  He is fast and comes forward on the sides with no marker.  He could have caused some damage yesterday.  Anyway, he did what he does best yesterday. He scored! Thats what counts.  The attackers were marked and defender scored.  That pure smart.

Offline 2 B OR NOT 2 B

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 05:43:51 AM »
4 all bahrainy fellas :
please dont act like we had qualified already , it aint finished yet .... its like a war you win when the war is finished but now it aint finished .
allyuh know that we dont play that much in manama specially in games like wednesdays . its going 2 b the tuffest match in our wholl historey . ( sad 2 say ..... 2 of our best players will mess the match : A.MARZOQI #3 ....... MOHAMED SALMEEN #10  >:(

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO aint an easy team .... really really strong team so we have 2 b more realistict and carefull coz our acting could effect on our players ... so please act professionally .

ABOUT THE MATCH :
i think 1-1 is a fear result .... the big names in trinidad team ( D.YOURK , STORN , LATEPY ) were extremlly bad in the match but # 11 in trinr ( right wing ) was magnificint i really liked the way he played ... ?? and also # 2o was good tooooooooo .

and 2 B honest ,you trinidadian seemed very nice people u hosted our team well and treated them alright n i heared from a bahrainy player who were n trini that u r such a friendly and peacefull people .
so all i wanna say is thnx trinidad and welcome 2 manama , u will be treated well in bahrain
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:06:57 AM by 2 B OR NOT 2 B »

Offline bahrain dream

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 05:46:41 AM »
4 all bahrainy fellas :
please dont act like we had qualified already , it aint finished yet .... its like a war you win when the war is finished but now it aint finished .
allyuh know that we dont play that much in manama specially in games like wednesdays . its going 2 b the tuffest match in our wholl historey .

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO aint an easy team .... really really strong team so we have 2 b more realistict and carefull coz our acting could effect on our players ... so please act professionally .

ABOUT THE MATCH :
i think 1-1 is a fear result .... the big names in trinidad team ( D.YOURK , STORN , LATEPY ) were extremlly bad in the match but # 11 in trinr ( right wing ) was magnificint i really liked the way he played ... ?? and also # 2o was good tooooooooo .

and 2 B honest ,you trinidadian seemed very nice people u hosted our team well and treated them alright n i heared from a bahrainy player who were n trini that u r such a friendly and peacefull people .
so all i wanna say is thnx trinidad and welcome 2 manama , u will be treated well in bahrain

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 06:11:40 AM »
BUT, I do think that your players did disrespect our players too, several times.. I still remember one, where one of our players gave a hand to one of yours, and that latter didn't even look at him; i don' really remember who they were..

I saw that. thats not exactly what happened. one of your players tackled Edwards pretty hard and he put out his hand to help him up after and Edwards was looking at the other side of the field because he was trying to rush to put himself back into position...

he noticed the hand of your player very late but he did acknowledge (by stretching out his hand also) even if his back was already to the player. I think there was a recognition that there was nothing personal in the tackle...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jay9

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 06:19:38 AM »
i still believe we going... and to all the very negative bahrain supports stfu
we trinis are a positive ppl and you are really throwing a bad light on ure nation n ppl n team.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2005, 09:43:42 AM »
of course we can still make it

1]; } ?>