June 08, 2024, 05:29:42 AM

Author Topic: England set on cruise control  (Read 2808 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
England set on cruise control
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:04:12 PM »
England set on cruise control

LEIPZIG, Germany (AFP) - Sven-Goran Eriksson will renew his rivalry with his home country after England were drawn to face Sweden in Group B at next summer's World Cup finals.

England have played Sweden a total of 11 times in competitive matches and won only once.

The two sides met at the last World Cup finals in Japan and South Korea where a 1-1 draw in Saitama helped both sides through to the knockout round.
England were also drawn with debutants Trinidad and Tobago for whom ex-Manchester United star Dwight Yorke will feature, and Paraguay.
England have won both their meetings with the South Americans - winning 4-0 in a 2002 friendly and 2-0 at the 1986 World Cup.

Champions in 1966, England can call upon the talents of David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard while the Swedes, runners-up back in 1958, have the deadly Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front.

Trinidad and Tobago, better known as the home of record-breaking West Indies cricketer Brian Lara, are playing in their first finals and at 1,000-1 are the most unlikely of the 32 qualifiers to be champions.

With a population of just 1.1 million people, they are also the smallest nation on show.

Dutchman Leo Beenhakker is the coach and he led the Netherlands to the 1990 finals and is also a former Real Madrid coach.

Paraguay were third in Latin American qualifying behind Brazil and Argentina whom they beat 1-0 in Asuncion on the way to the finals.

Playing in their seventh World Cup finals, Paraguay have made it through to the second round on their last two appearances losing on both occasions 1-0 to eventual 1998 champions France and 2002 runners-up Germany respectively.

They have an impressive array of emerging young talent which came to the fore by taking the silver medal at the 2004 Olympics.

Key player will be Jose Cardozo who grabbed seven goals in qualifying.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 04:07:19 PM by Tallman »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England set on cruise control
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »
Steups. De victory go feel so much sweeter when dey get licks.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:07:54 PM »
Them fellas must be salivating with this game.  Dwight especially.  The draw for me is a bit disappointing, but I know for this game men go be coming harder than usual.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:17:56 PM »
im also disappointed, i hope we drew wit brazil or spain, england i dont want us tuh play bc of spite on dere part, their fans will be assholes

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 04:20:06 PM »
 :rotfl:  wheeeeey  we gone from 750 to 1  to 1000 to 1. Well now self ah going an put meh monet on we to bring home the cup :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 04:22:11 PM »
im also disappointed, i hope we drew wit brazil or spain, england i dont want us tuh play bc of spite on dere part, their fans will be assholes

Sorry I will have to rephrase your statement for you.......'their fans are already being assholes'.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 04:22:46 PM »
Eng will get the shock of deh life
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 04:23:14 PM »
TI... You really talk sh!te yes...

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 04:25:24 PM »
To be honest shrek i mean wayne rooney is a threat we gonna have to find a way to lock him down....once we do that we cud poison dem for sure....just have to play 90mins of hard football and control d midfield and lock down rooney

they look alike dont they
 :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 04:30:25 PM »
That is world cup, no team go be on cruise control, all teams go be coming wid dey guns blazing. Any team come out on cruise control, go be making ah big mistake. Of course ah want dem tuh take T&T lightly, so we cud catch dem off guard.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 04:34:50 PM »
England have chance to win World Cup, says Beckham

LONDON, Dec 9 (Reuters) - England captain David Beckham believes his team have a genuine chance to win the World Cup after being drawn with Sweden, Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago.

"If we work hard and play to our potential we have a genuine chance of winning the World Cup," Beckham told the FA website after Friday's draw for the 2006 finals.

"Watching the World Cup draw today has already excited me as I think about the tournament ahead. We meet a familiar opponent in Sweden -- one that both the players and manager know well,"

"I am looking forward to playing my old (Manchester United) team mate Dwight Yorke with Trinidad & Tobago. He is someone who I share many great memories with.
"Paraguay are a bit of an unknown quantity but we will be prepared fully when we meet them," added the Real Madrid midfielder after England were drawn in Group B.

"To use an old football cliche there are no easy games. We have to go out and prove we are one of the favourites."

What Beckham really means is that he frighten, he know what Yorke could do on his day. Ent?  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 04:35:11 PM »
It would be very interesting, to see how our keeper handle Mr Beckham's free kicks.  :thinking:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 04:37:40 PM »
England have chance to win World Cup, says Beckham

LONDON, Dec 9 (Reuters) - England captain David Beckham believes his team have a genuine chance to win the World Cup after being drawn with Sweden, Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago.

"If we work hard and play to our potential we have a genuine chance of winning the World Cup," Beckham told the FA website after Friday's draw for the 2006 finals.

"Watching the World Cup draw today has already excited me as I think about the tournament ahead. We meet a familiar opponent in Sweden -- one that both the players and manager know well,"

"I am looking forward to playing my old (Manchester United) team mate Dwight Yorke with Trinidad & Tobago. He is someone who I share many great memories with.
"Paraguay are a bit of an unknown quantity but we will be prepared fully when we meet them," added the Real Madrid midfielder after England were drawn in Group B.

"To use an old football cliche there are no easy games. We have to go out and prove we are one of the favourites."

What Beckham really means is that he frighten, he know what Yorke could do on his day. Ent?  :beermug:

Yes beckham got flash backs of what york did to....Inter,Juve,Barcelona and everybody in the premiership lolololol

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »
ah jes hope Dwight doh geh no flach backs an feel he on de same team as Beckham ;D and head ball in we goal :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline NellyTheValiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Capacity 36000 England Vs T&T
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 05:15:59 PM »
What a draw for us and all the very best for you guys!

Just thought that I'd let you know that the capacity at the Nuremburg-Franken Stadion which is due to host our game on the 15th June has a very limited capacity of 36000!

Tickets I'm sure will be very hard to come by.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
becks looking forward to yorke reunion
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »
England captain David Beckham admitted he is relishing the chance to face his former Manchester United colleague Dwight Yorke after being drawn with Trinidad and Tobago at next summer's World Cup.

At the draw in Leipzig, England were drawn with the Caribbean side, Eriksson's native Sweden and South American qualifiers Paraguay. And Real Madrid midfielder Beckham revealed it will be a nostalgic affair to face Yorke, who will be in Germany after the Caribbean nation qualified for their first World Cup.

He told www.thefa.com: "Watching the World Cup draw has already excited me as I think about the tournament ahead. We meet a familiar opponent in Sweden - one both the players and manager know well. I am looking forward to playing my old team-mate Dwight Yorke with Trinidad and Tobago. He is someone who I share many great memories with."

He added: "Paraguay are a bit of an unknown quantity, but we will be prepared fully when we meet them. To use an old football cliche there are no easy games. We have to go out and prove we are one of the favourites.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Capacity 36000 England Vs T&T
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 05:25:21 PM »
so when is the damn tttff going to explain our 8% of the tickets situation? what they waiting for??!!
Hart for president

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 05:58:28 PM »
I SAY LOCK DOWN ROONY AND HOLD OFF LAMPARD

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Capacity 36000 England Vs T&T
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »
The final column shows how many tickets are represented by 8% of the sellable number, i.e. the number of tickets to be officially allocated by FIFA to each of the national associations of the two teams playing in each game. 

Stadium Capacity All-seater World Cup Sellable 8%

Berlin 74,500 74,500  66,021 56,358 4,509

Munich 66,000 66,000  59,416 52,872 4,230

Dortmund 81,264 66,000  60,285 50,768 4,061

Gelsenkirchen 61,524 53,975  48,426 43,920 3,514

Hamburg 55,000 45,500  45,442 40,918 3,273

Stuttgart 57,000 54,000  47,757 39,030 3,122

Frankfurt 50,300 48,500  43,324 38,437 3,075

Kaiserslautern 48,500 41,513  41,513 37,084 2,967

Cologne 51,000 46,134  40,590 35,926 2,874

Leipzig 45,000 45,000 38,898 34,384 2,751

Hanover 49,000 45,000  39,297 34,311 2,745

Nuremberg 47,500 44,000 36,898 32,341 2,587

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 07:51:30 PM »
well ttff? and how can we apply for the 8% tix?
Hart for president

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 08:15:10 PM »
 I glad they on cruise control...I want them to feel comfortable and complacent....SO WHEN THEY LOSE ,IT WILL TOTTALLY DEMORALIZE THEM !!!

1]; } ?>