June 09, 2024, 03:19:36 AM

Author Topic: Government still waiting on TTFF for World Cup budget  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Government still waiting on TTFF for World Cup budget
« on: December 28, 2005, 09:11:57 PM »
Government still waiting on TTFF for World Cup budget
By Mark Pouchet (Trinidad Express)

Where is the budget?

The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs appears to be at their wit's end to secure the proposed expenditure for the Soca Warriors' preparations for the Germany 2006 World Cup.

Yesterday, the Ministry issued a release to the media that sought to make "the media aware" of two correspondences sent to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) concerning Government assistance to the national senior football team.

Back on November 24, T&TFF officials including, the organisation's president Oliver Camps and the T&TFF's special adviser Jack Warner met with the Minister of Sport Roger Boynes and said to the Minister that they would be in a position to "indicate the financial requirements in support of the Trinidad and Tobago national football team campaign towards World Cup Germany 2006, after the final draws for positions..."

The draw took place on December 9 in Leipzig, Germany.

In their first reminder to president Camps-which was also copied to Warner-dated December 12, Boynes invited the local football organisation to "submit in detail the expenditure to be incurred in respect of the team preparation and technical staff requirements, taking into account projected revenue".

In that letter, Boynes stated further that the Government was attempting to ensure that it fully supports the national football team "in a timely manner" to do Trinidad and Tobago proud at the World Cup Germany 2006."

The second piece of correspondence was issued by Boynes to Camps and company yesterday, reminding the T&TFF "that time is of the essence".

"In light of this therefore," the letter said, "as Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs I wish to indicate , on behalf of Government, that I look forward to a very early response as it relates to the Federation's submission in detail of the expenditure to be incurred in respect of the team's preparation and the technical staff's requirements and projected revenues."

Contacted yesterday, Camps said the budget was a work in progress.

" It is being prepared right now, " he said, "you know how much information we had to get from all over the place about camps etcetera and it is taking a little time. They (the Ministry) called us this morning and we told them the same thing. We are working on it."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline C.C.

• Celebratin' every day since Nov 16, 2005
  • New Warrior
  • Not just here for the ride. You'll CC tings happen
    • View Profile
Re: Government still waiting on TTFF for World Cup budget
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 10:04:05 PM »
Why Roger dem tryin to stress out Ollie??? LOL ;)

everyone knows that uncle JW go take care ah dem ting. ah tink is Sam say that JW indicate everyting go be clear by monday next. who could expect the T&TFF to speak before JW.

i sure plenty businesses and small man like yours truly waitin to see what figures they give d gov't. den we go kno if we could giddem money fuh d team....

I here to walk d walk. once tings legit, we go puh we money.

Go WARRIORS
Is it more important to make a dollar or make a difference??
Are you gonna talk it or walk it?
Change your focus. Change your world.
((buh doh take y'self too serious nah!!)) :-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Government still waiting on TTFF for World Cup budget
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 10:09:58 PM »
Where is the budget?

Contacted yesterday, Camps said the budget was a work in progress.

" It is being prepared right now, " he said, "you know how much information we had to get from all over the place about camps etcetera and it is taking a little time. They (the Ministry) called us this morning and we told them the same thing. We are working on it."

Translation......I eh get de budget from Jack yet.  Doh axe me nutting because me eh know bout dem ting.  De lime in Leipzig was sweet doh.  If allyuh see fuss class treatment boy.  Dem bus and dem was sumting else....and if yuh see how much request fuh interview we get.  Why allyuh doh axe meh bout dem ting?   Steupes....instead allyuh focusin on lil tings like budget & why we eh have no practice match yet and everybody else have all dem own confirm.  Did I tell u bout de sheets on de bed in de hotel we did stay een?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 06:54:07 AM by Tallman »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>