June 10, 2024, 02:10:48 PM

Author Topic: The next big player Theo Walcott  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The next big player Theo Walcott
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »
Theo Walcott (born March 16, 1989 in Newbury, Berkshire, England) is an English footballer of Barbadian descent who plays for Southampton in the Football League Championship. Previously a player for A.F.C. Newbury in his youth, his most memorable game was in the year 2000 (Under-11 Age Group), when Newbury beat Down Grange Albion 4-2 in the Peter Houseman League Cup Final. Theo and Down Grange player Daniel Evangelepolous stole the show in this match. Walcott also scored over 100 goals in his one and only season for AFC Newbury, before leaving for Southampton.

Aged just 15 years and 175 days he became the youngest ever person to play in the Southampton reserve team when he came off the bench against Watford in September 2004. In the 2004-05 season he went on to star in the Southampton youth side, which reached the FA Youth Cup final against Ipswich Town. In the 2004-05 season Walcott also broke into the under-17 England national team where he hit five goals in nine games.

Before the start of the 2005-06 season Walcott linked up with the first team's tour of Scotland - just two weeks after signing a full-time contract with Saints. The striker then went on to become the youngest-ever player to play for the Southampton first team when he made his first team debut aged just 16 years and 143 days, after coming on as a substitute in Southampton's 0-0 draw at home to Wolves in the Football League Championship.

Walcott made his full first team debut away to Leeds United on 18 October 2005, scoring his first senior goal in the same game. He continued his scoring spree four days later away at Millwall before scoring again on his full home debut against Stoke City the following Saturday.

His performances soon attracted attention from the British media, who saw him as one of the most promising young English footballers of his time. At the time of Walcott's senior debut Southampton were playing in the Football League Championship, having been relegated from the Premiership the previous season. There was speculation that Walcott would move to the Premiership and media reports linked him with some of the league's top clubs including Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, as well as rumours circulating in Europe about interest from Real Madrid, A.C. Milan and Juventus. Although he and his family are all lifelong Liverpool supporters, according to the tabloid press Theo favours a move to Arsenal and as of January 19 appears set to seal a £12.5m move to the London club.

His rapid rise to fame also led him to be named amongst the top three finalists for the prestigious BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year award on 11 December 2005.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The next big player Theo Walcott
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:33:13 PM »
is he to Clyde Walcott, the West Indies Test cricketer Futbol help meh out nuh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 12:46:48 PM »
They better don't clog this youth up.  Sometimes I think the "Big Clubs" step in too early and then these youth don't live up to true potential.  It might be better to let them flourish at the lower divisions for a while longer.  I think Arsenal, 'Pool, or Spurs would be a good place for him though, although it looks like he wants to go to Arsenal.  Chelsea just bidding to put another good player on de bench.  Look what Mourinho doing to Wright-Philips.  It's despicable that they be allowed to do that to such promising young talent.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »
henry talked to him recently and done chain up he head long time so he comming home to de bosses one time
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 12:58:20 PM »
Arsenal hope to sign teenager Walcott within 24 hours

LONDON, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Arsenal hope to conclude a deal within 24 hours to sign Southampton's exciting 16-year-old striker Theo Walcott, manager Arsene Wenger said on Thursday.

"We're very heavily in the race but nothing is done and, as long as nothing is signed, you cannot talk about it," the Frenchman told the Premier league club's website.

"However, we are hoping to get a decision in the next 24 hours."

The pacy teenager, who is rated as the finest English prospect since Wayne Rooney, has said he wants to join Arsenal if he leaves second division Southampton.

Walcott became the south-coast club's youngest player when he featured against Wolves on the opening day of the season.

He has scored four goals in 13 league matches and also hit five goals in nine games for England's under-17s last season.

Updated on Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 12:44

Warrior For Life !!

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 01:03:59 PM »
is he to Clyde Walcott, the West Indies Test cricketer Futbol help meh out nuh

Yeah man that is his family.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »
It's despicable that they be allowed to do that to such promising young talent.

who force SWP go make a big money move to an ultra competitive club? de man got many chances to prove his worth and didn't play up to his potential (yet). so he hadda handle the bench (when he makes the squad) on a team that is dominating without him. when he gets his chances, he will have to take them. that is life at the huge clubs. not despicable at all. sink or swim....

you are right about young talented players going to big clubs and getting lost. At 16, this youth is real pressure. I feel he will make it big...unreal speed and good skill plus the bravado of youth. Arsene looks like a good coach for young up and coming players

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 01:09:35 PM »
Saw him on tv once. Dat man have speed to burn, real pace
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 01:10:40 PM »
speaking of southampton, what about kenwyne? is he still injured??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 01:14:36 PM »
Arsenal are desperate to sign some English players. 

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 01:21:36 PM »
Theo Walcott impressing in Southampton wah goin on with we boi Jones
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 01:31:58 PM »
jones was injured last weel . Boss i hope he has a good second half season . Cause his contract  end this season. Since he has not been offered a new one by now has me worried.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 01:48:05 PM »
What yuh mean injured? Ent Kenwyne play against QPR Saturday gone. He come on as a sub fuh de last 20-25 mins.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Wilson

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 03:03:43 PM »
I've seen Walcott play at Southampton. He is very impressive, with good speed and as you would expect from someone his age he runs all about. When he has the ball, expectations on the field and in the crowd rise. However, he is still young and his inexperience showed up the other day when he missed two one-on-ones with the goal keeper. Southampton also have another good yound player call Nathen Dyer.....he is also very very good and runs well down the wings crossing into the area. When he controls the ball, it does stick to he boot like he have velcro on he foot.

I'm going to the game on Saturday against Ipswich....hopefully Kenwyne will get a start. Will report back if he plays. 

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 03:18:38 PM »
I've seen Walcott play at Southampton. He is very impressive, with good speed and as you would expect from someone his age he runs all about. When he has the ball, expectations on the field and in the crowd rise. However, he is still young and his inexperience showed up the other day when he missed two one-on-ones with the goal keeper. Southampton also have another good yound player call Nathen Dyer.....he is also very very good and runs well down the wings crossing into the area. When he controls the ball, it does stick to he boot like he have velcro on he foot.

I'm going to the game on Saturday against Ipswich....hopefully Kenwyne will get a start. Will report back if he plays. 

Anybody else crack up at tha line?  :rotfl:
All along de man going in perfect queens english and dry so he hit we some trini english!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Wilson

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 04:07:23 PM »
Ease me up nah. Is only pressure I taking all day at wok, not now I getting pressure here too

LOL

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 04:39:10 PM »
jones was injured last weel . Boss i hope he has a good second half season . Cause his contract  end this season. Since he has not been offered a new one by now has me worried.

If Southampton let him go Wednesday woudl probably pick him up, at least on a one year contract.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>