June 06, 2024, 10:26:26 AM

Author Topic: Jack the Caparo  (Read 992 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jack the Caparo
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:11:49 PM »
Jack the Caparo
caribbeanfreeradio
Sunday January 29th 2006, 12:12 pm
Filed under: General

I hope that by posting items such as the above and last week’s Evo Morales number from Google News, I’m not giving the impression that I spend all day trawling the web trying to catch online media outlets with their pants down.

I swear, these things come to me, and I do also have standards: it’s not just any old flub that’s going to make it into the pages of CFR. Had Evo Morales not been partial to tielessness and striped pullovers (a look I’m not at all against, by the way), the assertion by Google News that he was a woman would have been of little consequence.

And had the man in the photo above–who, for the record, is not, as the caption indicates, “A Caparo resident mak[ing] his way across the submerged bridge on Caparo Main Road”, but Jack Warner, FIFA Vice President and special advisor to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association–not possessed an inordinate love of tickets for World Cup football matches (qualifiers included), the headline “How ‘The Caparo’ became a menace” would not have caught my eye. When, I wondered, did we start calling Jack Warner “The Caparo”? (And what a great Mafia sobriquet, by the way).

Here, however, is the actual article, which deals with the very serious issue of flooding on Trinidad’s central plain.

1]; } ?>