May 23, 2024, 01:48:08 AM

Author Topic: We May Only Get 1 or 2 Opportunites in the World Cup to Win in each game  (Read 2313 times)

TrinInfinite

In a World Cup scenario wemay only get 2 opportunities in a game and if we dont capitalize on these opportunities it may be the difference between us winning or losing, or getting a draw which may play against us. We cannot throw away sitters and opportunities and we shouldnt excuse them from now, they should be in the back of the net.

Reading a report from the game I realized that Stern missed two sitters, this cant happen in the World Cup. I know he has been in rich form but he should not be missing so many opportunities, it could cost us in the World Cup and he hasn't scored in the last three national games for the team.

I think Beenhakker needs to work with the team on finishing, this is what he did before the Mexico game and it woked.

The players I would pinpoint to work closely with on an individual basis would be Stern John, Kenwyn Jones, Scotland if he makes the team and also Cornel Glen.

I would work with them for the next 3 months until the World Cup, so that they have no excuse for throwing away sitters and opportunities that may cost us the game.

Vibes It Up
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 10:06:37 AM by TrinInfinite »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 JEZAN AGES
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The players I would pinpoint to work closely with on an individual basis would be Stern John, Kenwyn Jones, Scotland if he makes the team and also Cornel Glen.

Infinite I agree dat we have to make  better use of our chances. For the players to work closely with, I am looking at Whitley, Jones, Spann and especially Samuel. Them have a kind of raw talent that if nurtured in de right way will be a real sight to see and give our attack real force.
I am glad Samuel got a run, esp glad that he started! I been bigging up this man long time now, checking out Dundee United match reports just to see how he perform.
He look real good, easily our player of de game if not Dwight  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
I think Beenhakker needs to work with the team on finishing, this is what he did before the Mexico game and it woked.

I would work with them for the next 3 months until the World Cup, so that they have no excuse for throwing away sitters and opportunities that may cost us the game.

What would Don Leo do without you?

What a novel idea..."to work with strikers on finishing"

You should copyright these gems so that nobody steals your ideas.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It really should have ah emoticon for people who does enjoy biting sarcasm  ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    I did not see the game as yet, but I am so happy that Stern DID NOT kick that penalty hooray!! Yorke listened to us and actually kicked and of course scored!! I am so proud that Yorke is back scoring goals, he MUST kick all our penalties and never let Stern touch any one of those. I am still upset over hi miss against Mexico and even though Stern has come up big during and after that game, I do hope that he does not get into his old habits of 13 tries per 1 goal as he was mid last year!! Come on Stern please doh give us the heart attack you gave us in qualifying last year!! Yorke thank you for kicking the penalty and asserting yourself as Capatain, doh let Stern trick you, you are stil the best!!

Stern we love yuh but stop being Sitter-Misser John nah boy!! And of course Kenwyne you know you is meh boy, so keep at it you hear!

J.  :D
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern is our best striker and he is also known to miss sitters... he takes about 1 in every 3 chances he gets on average I would say... and because of his positioning skills, and uncanny ability to be around loose balls in the area, he gets about 2-3 chances a game to score, i'm talking 2-3 good opportunities, if we including "half-chances" den we talking 4-6 total scoring chances per game.

Bennie see dis, and so he wouldn't put jones or scotland to start, as if they not up to par with Stern as strikers, and stern scores 1 of every 3 good chances, he going to always start of game now with stern on top, yorke roming between midfield and attack, and 4 mids and 4 defenders. With latas coming in to take orke place now and den or to take d place of a more defensive player if we in goal deficit.

doh expect beenie to use 2 strikers in the WC in d startin 11... i doh blame him, as i doh think we have any striker that can adequately back-up stern on an international stage... not yet.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Why does everyone keep saying "he had ah man on him?" The last time I checked football was 11v11.. I don't know if it has changed since.
It matters not if you have a man marking you or ten, you have to finish. That's what separate the average soccer players from the good players, and the superstars, from the good ones.
No excuses we have to get it done.

TriniInfinite, you are right we have to work on finishing, but finishing under pressure, like 1v1, 2v1, power and finesse. Right now I am guessing that Leo is working on how not to lose a game as oppose to winning a game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

this is true. i mean, we are goin to play a great game but there are goin to be some chances that the strikers are goin to get and we have to punish other teams for their mistakes.

were not brazil who is goin to get tonnes of opportunities, we just have to play smart and make full of our chances and shock the world.

our chaces to win are looking better and better once we keep playing the way we know how to play.

soca warriors for life.....

;D

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

It really should have ah emoticon for people who does enjoy biting sarcasm  ;D

I agree....the man might think yuh was being serious  ;D

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Training the strikers to take there oppertunities on goal,,for months or even years wont make a difference
when it come to the actual match it is up to the striker to keep cool and put the ball in the back of the net......
training not that necessary
they already possess all the tools to score,,,thats y they are strikers so i cah see them improving on their finishing...once again its up to them

on a training pitch there is not as much pressure as opposed to a WC Games for example
two diff circumstances

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
yuh serious 1 or 2 opportunities

anyways  :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I ent go lie
some men on dis site does jus talk realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll shit
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern had ah man on him like he was using Laglee, an dat is why we got that penalty shot. Allya watch de replay. De man (Stern) was wrapup by Iceland like ah baby in de maternity ward

....or wrap up like two market crab  ;D

I find Stern does play better when he play a little deeper in his own half of the field.  The half chances does come when he plays with his back to the goal and around the 18yd box, but unless the midfielders quick to get into position, to pick up the ball from Stern, then it remains a half chance.  Stern is more creative when he have room to turn and face the goal...those are the goal scoring opportunities he have to put away.

Any good technical man could analyse our game plan in 5 mins, as far as Stern is concerned.  Once Dog get the ball, long kick trying to find Stern, always with two defenders on him.  Give Jack he jacket, and Jim he jimboots, and Bob he 25cents, Stern does do real good to take down the ball and try something with his back to the goal though.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>