June 15, 2024, 07:27:50 AM

Author Topic: Rotenburg Prepares for Trinidad and Vice Versa.  (Read 8920 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Rotenburg Prepares for Trinidad and Vice Versa.
« on: March 25, 2006, 04:25:59 PM »
Palm Trees in the Marketplace
Rotenburg Prepares for Trinidad and Vice Versa
by Anja Philipp-Kindler (tagesspiegel.de)

Rotenburg - We are football.  It has gone this far already in Rotenburg on the Wuemme. The little town of 23,000 inhabitants will house the footballers from Trinidad & Tobago during the opening round of the World Cup.  And since that was determined, peculiar things are afoot in the north German province between Hamburg and Bremen.
We are football. So it says on mugs, stickers and billboards.  You can pay with T&T dollars at the info-office. Whoever wears a T&T jersey pays no entry fee at the Waterpark Ronolulu. And whoever drives up in the Caribbean island's World Cup jersey at Bernd Rohlfsens gas station gets a car wash 50% off.  Chains of flags, banners and streamers hang throughout the town.  The police have a lot to do because the flags keep getting stolen at night.
Leo Beenhakker likes it here, too. "I am a happy man here," says the coach of the "Soca Warriors" grinning. The 64 year old Dutchman inspected his team's World Cup quarters this past week. "A terrific place," he says, "so neat and small, and everyone is so nice here." More than 60 employees at the five star hotel, Landhaus Wachtelhof, will attend to Beenhakker and his team. They will live in its 38 rooms, sweat in the "Wellnessbereich" and eat at the in house Nobelrestaurant L'Auberge. Light injuries can be cared for at the hospital just a couple of blocks away.
Beenhakker also commented that Rotenbug has picked up some Caribbean flair, "It's really splendid, what is getting set up here," he confirms. He emphasizes, however, that his players are here to train. And that the practices will generally be held closed to the general public.  The previously planned football and volleyball tournaments in the marketplace will not take place then.  "My guys need to be playing football. They won't have time for anything else." The city's organizers react disenchantedly. "Too bad," says Reinhard Lüdemann, the city's sports official, "nevertheless we will give them an official welcome ceremony, at least that's something."
Beenhakker took over leadership of the Caribbean team in August last year. "My guys can all play football," he says, "but they need to play as a unit. I needed to bring coordination and discipline into the sqaud." He trusts his team will surprise in the difficult Group B with England, Sweden, and Paraguay. "My players are professionals with lots of ambition," he says. For him it is totally possible to reach the group of 16. To beat England would be a dream, for "England is a historical advesary of ours."
Beenhakker is a globe trotter when it comes to football. He has coached Ajax Amsterdam and the Dutch national team as well as Real Madrid, Grashopper Zürich, and America in Mexico City.  After all that why did he take over in Trinidad & Tobago? "Everywhere you go it's just about football. It doesn't matter if you are coach of Holland, Italy or Trinidad." That is his credo. He shares wisdom that somehow reminds of Sepp Herberger, "Football is really simple," he says, "As long as your own team is in possession of the ball, nothing can happen."
His team's last friendly match will take place on June 3 in Prague against the Czechs. After that he will arrive in Rotenburg with his players. By then the whole marketplace will be covered in sand. There will be palm trees standing on it and a swimming pool. At the welcoming fete along with fireworks will be Bratwurst and Carib. And surely a lot of "We are football" stickers will be distributed as well.

(Translation, e-man, original here)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 06:03:57 PM by Flex »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rotenburg Prepares for Trinidad and Vice Versa
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 04:32:43 PM »
Nice article E-man, tanks fuh postin, dis summer should be memorable for team TT and all supporters....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rotenburg Prepares for Trinidad and Vice Versa
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 04:50:34 PM »
yea nice article e-man

everybody who goin to germany make sure yuh wear yuh jersey and check out that Waterpark

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Rotenburg Prepares for Trinidad and Vice Versa.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 06:13:57 PM »
Somebody better hire ah maxi to take all of us there
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 09:02:47 PM »
Big dawg u done know. We go be there in droves.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 10:52:52 PM »

Thanks for the translation.  Good to hear that the locals are welcoming the team.

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 02:05:46 AM »
maybe the nation should organize a day for all the trinis to visit that water park, could be a fun day and ah sure we could get ah field tuh sweat before or after

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Little T&T in Rotenburg
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »
Little T&T in Rotenburg

Photo shows Leo Beenhakker with team manager Bruce Aanensen, George Joseph and Rotenburg town officials at the Landhaus Wachtelhof recently.

National head coach Leo Beenhakker has been making his way around in recent weeks and is just returning from a visit to the team’s base camp in Rotenburg where he expressed full satisfaction on the conditions for the team’s  stay from June 4.

Beenhakker, made his fourth visit to the Landhaus Wachtelhof this week and has been ensuring all is in place for the “Soca Warriors”

On Friday, team manager Bruce Aanensen, assistant George Joseph and chief operations officer Horace Reid flew out to Germany to tie up ends at the three match venue hotels and also visit the players committee in London where they will finalize certain terms and conditions before the 2006 World Cup.

In an article published by the Rotenburg Taggespiegel online newspaper, Beenhakker indicated his satisfaction with the town. Previously discussions have also been held between the TTFF and the authorities in Rotenburg to turn the town into a little “Trinidad” and from all indications, it will be truly that.

“I am a happy man here," says Beenhakker. "A terrific place," he says, "so neat and small, and everyone is so nice here." More than 60 employees at the five star hotel, Landhaus Wachtelhof, will attend to Beenhakker and his team. They will live in its 38 rooms, sweat in the "Wellnessbereich" and eat at the in house Nobelrestaurant L'Auberge. Light injuries can be cared for at the hospital just a couple of blocks away”  the story states.

We are football. So it says on mugs, stickers and billboards.  You can pay with T&T dollars at the info-office. Whoever wears a T&T jersey pays no entry fee at the Waterpark Ronolulu. And whoever drives up in the Caribbean island's World Cup jersey at Bernd Rohlfsens gas station gets a car wash 50% off.  Chains of flags, banners and streamers hang throughout the town.  The police have a lot to do because the flags keep getting stolen at night.

The Dutchman also spoke on the touch of Caribbean at the town.

"It's really splendid, what is getting set up here," he confirms. He emphasizes, however, that his players are here to train. And that the practices will generally be held closed to the general public.  The previously planned football and volleyball tournaments in the marketplace will not take place then.  "My guys need to be playing football. They won't have time for anything else." The city's organizers react disenchantedly. "Too bad," says Reinhard Lüdemann, the city's sports official, "nevertheless we will give them an official welcome ceremony, at least that's something."

There have also been plans to house the TTFF admin office in Rotenburg during the team’s stay as well as accommodation for other people related to the TTFF. However, team management recently had to change plans to have the player’s family stay in a nearby hotel to the team base.

Plans will be on stream though to arrange transportation for fans of the “Soca Warriors” to each of its three matches against Sweden, England and Paraguay.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 12:22:27 PM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »
e-man, good translation, Shaun get something to copy from....

Aye shaun, we need some updates on ythe under 21 team to. ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 05:06:38 PM »
lord we really need to pass through that town... like them people think we are the gods of olympus awa?  :rotfl: :beermug:

Aye German... uuhhh the fellahz we read the other post and email you if the need a room so please doh clutter uyp the board with advertisement... Even so you should start a new topic in the Destination Germany section...

thats probably better...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Summer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 12:05:22 AM »
hey there!

i´m from rotenburg. so whom will i see at the waterpark? ;)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 07:11:32 AM »
hey there!

If that is you in your picture.... I will be there  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 07:14:07 AM »
FF,
allyuh man be careful boi; Allyuh eh read about all them sex shops  getting set up and how  the  owners are now luring men to their sites through the internet by offering lodging?
Boi we are Trinis doh  fall fuh the bait.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »
Alberta... I don't believe the lovely young lady is soliciting!! Just making friends  :-\

In any case... who smarter than a Trini? doh frighten  :beermug:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Summer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 12:03:03 PM »
FF,
allyuh man be careful boi; Allyuh eh read about all them sex shops  getting set up and how  the  owners are now luring men to their sites through the internet by offering lodging?
Boi we are Trinis doh  fall fuh the bait.

you´re not serious, are you?

if i had sex in my mind i wouldn´t look at a SOCCER forum  :thinking:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 12:13:01 PM »

Alberta yuh vex de woman oui....

smooooooodness ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 07:24:31 PM »
Welcome Summer....
Some people here are just uptight, and not even worth answering..

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 08:41:51 PM »
e-man, good translation, Shaun get something to copy from....

Aye shaun, we need some updates on ythe under 21 team to. ?

you should know by know he can only write one article a week
Hart for president

Offline Summer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 02:48:39 AM »
Welcome Summer....
Some people here are just uptight, and not even worth answering..

thank you :) for now, i´ll stop spamming and just read a little bit, to feed my curiosity...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 04:33:08 AM »
hey there!

very nice picture summer.  do you have any pictures of you at the waterpark? 
just so I can see the size of the slides, of course

Offline Summer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 04:54:35 AM »
 :liar:

1]; } ?>