June 09, 2024, 12:34:59 AM

Author Topic: How the World Champions prepare  (Read 1413 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How the World Champions prepare
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:00:13 AM »
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=41957

I just thought I would point out a little difference in the approach of our local coaches and those of the powerful football nations. We always are very confident of victory before every tournament and can find a reason why we lost after. The excuse book is used cover to cover in the local sense from lack of fitness on the part of the players to the players not playing with heart.
Lack of preparedness on the part of the tech. staff is however seldom seen as the reason for poor results , neither is failure to research the opponent.... ¨we doh have to know about dem, deh have to know about we ¨
well the World Champions who are still rated no 1 can teach us a lot of things ...
Just a message for the future

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: How the World Champions prepare
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 09:10:37 AM »
Yep.  Great programs leave no stone unturned in trying to get the best perfomrnace out of their teams.  Note how important it is to have someone with a bird's eye persepctive just observe without getting trying to influence the procedings.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:08:33 PM »
Yep.  Great programs leave no stone unturned in trying to get the best perfomrnace out of their teams.  Note how important it is to have someone with a bird's eye persepctive just observe without getting trying to influence the procedings.

you know this has been going on for years but until beenie ...-not in T&T !
we have so much to learn and i dont think our local coaches can teach us which is why I keep suggesting that foreign coaches with  local understudies should be the way to go.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:31:53 PM »
Yeh until beenie...like dem didnt know dat was a option. Before the guatemala home game....dey send a scout for costa rica who were playing the same time. Before the mexico game....send a scout to watch uzbekistan and baharian cuz we didnt know who we were playing yet. All that needed. Buh like local coaches stick in a own way mindset.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 02:40:59 PM »
We was seriously lagging behind in the scouting department, but ah hope they learn from how Beenie did it. SOme how I get the feeling that until now, our national team never really got enough information about our opponents.  It is still happening at the youth level.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »
Yeah, I like the "until Beenie" talk. Keep it up. Campaign to keep Beenie buzz is de spin-off that I'm looking for
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 05:27:27 PM »
Yeah, I like the "until Beenie" talk. Keep it up. Campaign to keep Beenie buzz is de spin-off that I'm looking for

Beenie has certainly put us up a notch both in preparation and performance but if he is unavailable to take us on after the WC there are many coaches out there who can do a good job.
It is just that beenie was an accident and i am not convinced that the TTFF know what to look for. Remember Beenie was only mentioned after the racist coach atkinson was exposed and even then the players had to formally refuse to play under him ...imagine that !
i hope we learn from this ezperience but you know there are none so blind as those who will not see !

1]; } ?>