May 23, 2024, 03:28:12 PM

Author Topic: I wonder which team is this?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
I wonder which team is this?
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:06:47 PM »
I not that fluent in spanish but I recognize Trinidad and Tobago next to the names of Fabien Lewis and Teba McKnight. They spelt his name as Favien.  :rotfl: Like he is a spanish. I wonder what team is that they played with in El Salvador?

http://www.elsalvador.com/noticias/2005/11/24/deportes/dep3.asp

Kingman
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 11:08:31 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder which team is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 11:25:14 PM »
How exactly did you find that article? Talk about obscure.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 10:00:59 AM »
How exactly did you find that article? Talk about obscure.

I know right! I was browsing google, looking to find players and there playing history etc and came across it.

Kingman

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 10:06:57 AM »
Kingman does post so much thread dat he should be renamed Mr Google :rotfl:

ok it wasn't that funny

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 10:37:22 AM »
I know a little spanish so I'll try to give you the gist.
It was 24th Nov 2005 and they were saying that 6 players from some team in DC named "Miller" who win some cup named "TACA", came over  to play for a team in El Salvador 1st league called "FAS" (God knows what that stand for),or possibly other teams in the league.  3 players were from Trinidad (goalkeeper - Daniel Mcdonough, Fabien yuh pardner, and Teba McKnight - defender), one each from Hungary (he played for his national U20), Nigeria and Gambia.
I believe they say Teba and the NIgerian dude are both forwards and the FAS team only needed one forward (or maybe the Dc team Miller would only allow them to have one of their forwards)...and then they went on to talk about the leaue and the games the team FAS play before.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
Kingman, check here (english translation)
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elsalvador.com%2Fnoticias%2F2005%2F11%2F24%2Fdeportes%2Fdep3.asp&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Thanks Westcoast! Bounty, you is ah joker  :rotfl: What spanish you know? You probably went and type up spanish-english translation on the Internet and bring the english to us.  :rotfl: Anyways, Favien  :rotfl: is not my pardner. If anyone is a loyal supporter that knows their players would know who he (Fabien) is. Secondly, I don't know McKnight to be any defender so the article have a couple mistakes. Good try on the translation Bounty. :beermug: You is the forums' spanish dictionary from now on. You know what this means? Fila Daputa!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kingman

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »
nah king, I jus see the lil link on the side and check the translation jus now :rotfl:   ...I was way off on a lot of things.   I missed the part about the Dc team actually going there for a tour and the FAS team liking some of the players.  The part where I was not sure about the 1 forward ting..I guess they wasn't saying they had to choose 1 after all and according to the winkepedia roster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Deportivo_FAS nobody get pick anyway.  Also the Hungarian fella wasn't on his natinal U20 team, but the coach was looking at him for their U 20 team (FAS U20)....so my translation wasn't really that good anyway.  ;D

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 01:31:40 PM »
Kingman google has a translator that translates web pages to the language you want. That is what WestCoast used. It is http://www.google.com/translate_t. Google is taking over the web one web app at a time. If there is a useful web service you can think of bet you bottom dollar google has it.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>