June 16, 2024, 05:43:02 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors & Czechs square off in final dress rehearsal.  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Soca Warriors & Czechs square off in final dress rehearsal.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Scottish-based striker Collin Samuel is likely to get his first start of the build up tour towards the 2006 World Cup when Trinidad and Tobago clashes with Czech Republic in what will be the final warm up match for both countries at the Toyota Arena in Prague from 5:30pm (11:30am TT time) on Saturday.
T&T head coach Leo Beenhakker is back to having a full compliment of players to select from and Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews is also likely to be in the line up as the “Soca Warriors” go into what is expected to be their toughest assignment thus far but one which will they will be seeking a result that could bolster their morale going into the June 10 opener against Sweden in Dortmund.
The team arrived at the Renaissance Hotel in Prague in mid afternoon on Friday following an early wake up call and travel schedule out of Bad Radkersburg. They flew through Munich and arrived in Prague to a group of supporters who were playing a European-version of the ever popular “Ole, ole ole” tune over a boom box.
There was little time to rest as Beenhakker set off to the match venue with skipper Dwight York and his teammates for a training session in favourable cool conditions which was opened to the media and followed one  involving the host team which is ranked number two in the world by FIFA and boast of several seasoned European-based stars such as Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved and Aston Villa striker Milan Baros. The Czechs are coming off 2-0 and 1-0 wins over Saudi Arabia and Costa Rica respectively late last month.
With already two defeats on their backs, T&T will want nothing better than to secure a decent result against the Czechs who are one of the outside favourites to win the Cup.
“What I want from this game is that we are still a little bit better than yesterday because that’s what it’s all about in preparation,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media after Friday’s session.
“You always want to win. We played well against Wales but we gave away two sloppy goals. We were surprised in the beginning versus Slovenia but you have to realize that we have had a very tough preparation. But we played a good first half and it wasn’t that bad. Of course yes a victory or a clean sheet will be good. You want to win but the most important thing is that I see some progression in relation to the last match versus Slovenia,” Beenhakker added in relation to his hopes for Saturday’s encounter which is the first ever meeting between the two teams.
With the Czechs ranked so highly and boasting of such high profile players, the Dutchman didn’t hold back from being a bit realistic but why be afraid of it he said.
“You also have to realize too that Czech Republic may be a little too big for us. They are ranked number two in the world and they have great players but that’s why I planned this match, I want to know where I am and I want to show (them) what actual tough football is and what they can look forward to versus Sweden and England,” he added.
When asked by a couple Swedish reporters after the session whether he was anywhere close to deciding his final starting team for the opening match, Beenhakker did hint in the positive.
“Yea ! I am close to it. I know at least in relation with what we can expect from Sweden. Like the other coaches are doing, we saw the matches and yes I know more or else what I want. We also did (play) Slovenia a little bit in relation to Sweden. I don’t have so much choices of course but like I said the only thing we can do is prepare in the perfect way and then go for it.”
And what at this stage would be his ambitions for T&T’s showing at the World Cup?
“It’s double when I have to be realistic and then the other side you always have this ambition to do better and be better and to surprise and to win. I think we still can surprise one of the three and hopefully it won’t be in the third match but one of the first or second. That’s my big dream,” he emphasized.
Luton Town midfielder Carlos Edwards also felt that a good effort was in store.
“It will be a tough game but one to test the character of the players to see what we are really made of. We are going to be playing the number two team in the world and they are not there by luck. They are a quality team. It will be a good game for us as well seeing that it is the last one and I hope that we learn from our mistakes from the last two games. We already know what we are capable of but once we can get it together and a draw or even a win will be the perfect boost,” Edwards told TTFF Media.
A crowd of just over 10,000 is expected at the 22,000- seater venue which is the home base for Sparta Prague FC. T&T team liaison officer for this outing, Tomas Trucha said the estimated crowd would be a decent number considering that general elections in the country is taking place over Friday and Saturday.
“We expect that the stadium will still have a good crowd because it is the final match before the team goes off and it’s the same for Trinidad (and Tobago). Prague has a population of 1.5 million and the country is about 10 million so it’s like welcoming your team to little Trinidad and we are very happy to host the team for such a match,” said Trucha who is a trainer with Czech club FK Jablonec 97.
The T&T team will run out in red shirt and black pants for Saturday’s friendly. It was also confirmed of late that the “Soca Warriors” will face Sweden in red shirt and black pants, then they will do battle with England in red shirts and red pants and close off their Group B campaign against Paraguay in an all white strip.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 05:55:45 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Photo !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »
All Photos are the copyrights of the TTFF Media, courtesy Shaun Fuentes.[/size]

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors & Czechs square off in final dress rehearsal.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »

great photos

thanks

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 05:28:51 PM »
nice stuff well done

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:56:04 PM »
So I have to look for a white juzey 4 the Paraguay game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:56:33 PM »
nice pics ..looking good

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Photo !!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »
[

Beenie: Yorkie yuh know yuh right ... dis fella does play real tata sometimes ... all ah cud do i laugh yes
Yorke: Doh study he nah coach ... you an Latas go an take two drap ah cigarette dey ....

Sorry i could not resist ....
Snake in de balliser

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 06:04:43 PM »
LETS GET IT ON

fellaz i feeling d gopod luck vybe and it has never resulted in a loss./......  so since i feel it  realize dey is going to be a shock 2moro!!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 06:49:27 PM »
good to see Dog back on the ball again man  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 07:12:19 PM »
[

Beenie: Yorkie yuh know yuh right ... dis fella does play real tata sometimes ... all ah cud do i laugh yes
Yorke: Doh study he nah coach ... you an Latas go an take two drap ah cigarette dey ....

Sorry i could not resist ....
Oh God dred.............yuh ent easy nah, yuh hittin hard star! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 08:19:34 PM »
nice to see Dog and Glenn on the field... it making meh eyes water

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 08:21:38 PM »
GO SAMUEL! WATCH THIS GUY TEAR IT UP!
Hart for president

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 08:24:51 PM »
  ;D :D

all ah could do is smile when ah see dese pictures... we on we way... (startin to feel the butterflys in the stomach)
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 08:29:58 PM »
Where's latapy..........

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 08:34:19 PM »
look a lil lower in the pics and u go find him  :P

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 10:00:06 PM »

"Yah dwight you were right, ze babash from pigeon point iss indeed ze bess"

"Ay you, take a hike, you are always fighting ze lime and you are not scoring"

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 05:44:57 AM »

"Yah dwight you were right, ze babash from pigeon point iss indeed ze bess"

"Ay you, take a hike, you are always fighting ze lime and you are not scoring"

Dutty .... yuh good ... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>