June 10, 2024, 06:11:33 PM

Author Topic: Guardian Journos World Cup Review  (Read 982 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Guardian Journos World Cup Review
« on: July 11, 2006, 06:34:57 AM »
From The Guardian Online

This is long so I won't post it. these guys are usually entertaining to read and TnT gets a couple of mentions. It is very funny to see the differences of opinion. One person has Robben in the team of the tournament, an other has him as the worst player of the tournament.

They also tokk a lot of shots at various England commentary teams and pundits fo rtheir lack of "perspective".

From Barry Glendenning

Best player: Fabio Cannav ... ah, boring. At the risk of turning my keyboard all gloopy, I'll go for Chris Birchall, a League One player who got to live the dream and rarely looked out of place in it.

From Scott Murray

Worst match: England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago. A tedious travesty of a result. The England fans who had the audacity to celebrate with a rousing chorus of "football's coming home" want to have a good think. And then maybe a long look.

From Rob Smyth

Team of the tournament: (4-2-3-1) Buffon; Edwards, Cannavaro, Gallas, Grosso; Pirlo, Gattuso; Maxi, Riquelme, Ronaldo; Henry.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Journos World Cup Review
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 06:44:54 AM »
From The Guardian Online

From Scott Murray

Worst match: England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tobago. A tedious travesty of a result. The England fans who had the audacity to celebrate with a rousing chorus of "football's coming home" want to have a good think. And then maybe a long look.

i agree worst match they should never have one  :devil:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian Journos World Cup Review
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:41:47 AM »
This is a brilliant read juma!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>