June 07, 2024, 01:17:27 PM

Author Topic: Beenie now de coach of Poland  (Read 9320 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenie now de coach of Poland
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 12:36:31 PM »
this is fantastic rubbish..yuh sounding like gally. i guess yuh gripe is that the team did not play attacking football and their approach was too defensive.
U really think we could have played attacking football against England and Sweden and not get a blowout.  Teams with better attacking players got exposed when they faced big teams.
The most notbale example is Spain vs France.  Even Brazil depended on the counter attack..u wanted kaisoca soccer?..whatever de hell that is.

aye thanks... ah was searching for de words to describe that....

These men and dem doh understand that Concacaf ball ent World Class ball...
Them feel we could go just so and play ah small goal brand in de World Cup.... steups.... de pace dese games does be playing eh...

Anybody criticizing we performance in de World Cup was not following the team 2 years ago!!

Lemme jus add that I personally woulda play Latapy earliier against Paraguay... hell I mighta even play him against England... Maybe Beenie make ah mistake.... but he only human and de most I ever coach is ah fantasy side from de comfort of meh keyboard...

Good post fellas, I (and I am sure others) have "swallowed" that Latas was not used earlier, but we will never know which way it would have gone, went from a team that was easy to score on in the 1st 10-20 mins, to one that was difficult to score on in 270 mins of football.  These coaching decisions by Beenie could have gone either way, had he played Russell in the 2nd half vs England, we may have sneaked 1 or 3pts, or collected 5, we will never know, time to move onto the future and build from this experience....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 01:07:23 PM »
i just got the text from tstt

good bye beenie and thanks for w=everything
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »
whey the Beenie man gone telll them Poland here he comes  Look under yuh bed ; TTFF look outside yuh head.
Well the Beenie doh coach here no more in now up to WIM to mind the store!!

Offline trinifuhlife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
WARSAW, Poland -- Poland's football association (PZPN) have named Leo Beenhakker to replace coach Pawel Janas.

The 64-year-old Dutchman is the first non-Pole to coach the national team.

Read the full story here

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 02:17:55 PM »
I heard the news and must say that it has certainly soured my day.....meh co-workers laughin dey ass off at meh cuz ah shed a few tears.....But i guess all good things must come to and end (Meaning Beenie's time with us). It has been great and i definitely will forever be grateful to the Master Don Leo for what he did with our team..taking a bunch of indisciplined individuals and turning them into a team, who played with discipline, pride and brought joy to 1.3million people and made us new friends the world over.....He also made it an honor for players to represent our team and restored the prestige that was once lost...

THANK YOU BEENIE...I WISH U ALL THE BEST IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »
a team, who played with discipline, pride and brought joy to 1.3million people and made us new friends the world over.....He also made it an honor for players to represent our team and restored the prestige that was once lost...

THANK YOU BEENIE...I WISH U ALL THE BEST IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVOURS  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

well said, no need to say more
 :beermug: :beermug:
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2006, 03:02:30 PM »
Beenie knows a that TNT  warriors was a defining  moment for his coaching career. The man took  the smallest nation, to the World Cup and we  impress . Yes we have to heap praises on Beenie but

I also think he owes us a depth of gratitude for  bring his credentials back onto the European stage and the world in general.

Beenie get fame off we  as well!!!!! The man ough to be advising fuh free.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2006, 03:46:57 PM »
Beenie knows a that TNT  warriors was a defining  moment for his coaching career. The man took  the smallest nation, to the World Cup and we  impress . Yes we have to heap praises on Beenie but

I also think he owes us a depth of gratitude for  bring his credentials back onto the European stage and the world in general.

I would say you had a point if we had any chance of qualifying for the WC before Beenie arrived. Since I do not believe that is the case, I have to respectfully disagree. Not to take anything away from our players..after all..they are the ones who ultimately have to do the business, but as far as I am concerened..he owes us nothing. He came and performed a minor miracle....By your logic, every coach that does well with a team should be advising them for free after he leaves.

Beenie only owed us professionalism and expertize..that was what he was paid for and he delivered. We are the ones that owe him gratitude. Now we all ahve to move on...Well Done Beenie..all the best..that is until T&T meet Poland in WC 2010...then is hate (for 90 minutes  :D)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 03:59:49 PM »

I would say you had a point if we had any chance of qualifying for the WC before Beenie arrived. Since I do not believe that is the case, I have to respectfully disagree. Not to take anything away from our players..after all..they are the ones who ultimately have to do the business, but as far as I am concerened..he owes us nothing. He came and performed a minor miracle....By your logic, every coach that does well with a team should be advising them for free after he leaves.

Beenie only owed us professionalism and expertize..that was what he was paid for and he delivered. We are the ones that owe him gratitude. Now we all ahve to move on...Well Done Beenie..all the best..that is until T&T meet Poland in WC 2010...then is hate (for 90 minutes  :D)

Nah I have to agree with Alberta. Beenie owes us some gratitude. Trinidad & Tobago has shown Beenie alotta love. We were very understanding of his accomplishments and what he did for us, despite a humble WC record. I can't say that he would have gotten that from most nations that came out of the cup with our record. We never got ahead of ourselves and expected miracles (at least we didn't communicate it publicly)....Despite differences in opinion at times with regard to his decisions, Beenie was never chastised in public, and was given alot of freedom to do things his way......

Also, we did help put Beenie back on the map (so to speak). I want to bet that T&T's performance had alot to do with Poland seeking him out. At the end of the day, the players gave everything they had and I think there should be mutual respect and gratitude between the players and coach. Beenie, despite his lack of emotion at time, is human, and he bonded with our team.....he admitted that he had a sentimental connection with the boys, and we gave him a hell of a ride at the cup........I wouldn't get carried away with it and say he should advise for free...that's kinda rediculous....but I also would not take what we did for him forgranted......and I would hate to think that he walked away from this experience and not considered it to be one of the more special and memorable moments in his career & life.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:02:43 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »
Klinsmann quits as Germany coach.

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) -- Juergen Klinsmann, who coached Germany to a third-place finish at the World Cup last week, is stepping down, the co-president of the German soccer federation said early Wednesday.

"I regret his decision, but we have to accept it," Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder said.

The mass-circulation Bild newspaper and the Sueddeutsche Zeitung first reported in their Wednesday editions that Klinsmann wouldn't extend his contract that ended with the World Cup.

Klinsmann called German soccer federation (DFB) co-president Theo Zwanziger and national team manager Oliver Bierhoff to tell them that he would not be staying in the job, the papers reported.

DFB spokesman Harald Stenger confirmed that Klinsmann had called Zwanziger and Bierhoff but would not disclose the details of the conversation.

The two newspapers said Klinsmann's assistant Joachim Loew was the likely successor.

Klinsmann's rejuvenated team went beyond expectations by finishing third, after losing to eventual champion Italy 2-0 in the semifinals.

Klinsmann, 41, had no previous coaching experience when he took over an ailing German squad two years ago.

After Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to take third place, Klinsmann said he would think about his future over the next few days and consult with his California-based family.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »

Klinsmann, 41, had no previous coaching experience when he took over an ailing German squad two years ago.

This was the worst kept secret; No big deal.  Any bets on him showing up as coach of USA?

I like the success he had for someone without coaching experience. Watching his  passionate antics on the sideline, I kept thinking this man possibly fit the upbeat lifestyle we have as oppose to the stoic look of Beenhakker. Then again we need that stoic  feel to keep we in line....better known as the discipline!!!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) -- Juergen Klinsmann, who coached Germany to a third-place finish at the World Cup last week, is stepping down, the co-president of the German soccer federation said early Wednesday.

After Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to take third place, Klinsmann said he would think about his future over the next few days and consult with his California-based family.

The U.S will gladly pay him  big bucks if he decides to accept an offer from the US federation.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »
Jamacia my be a tempting opportunity.....close to the USA; take yuh family to holiday while you work and most of all...........
No pressure go  coach Jamacia...the only pressure go be the demands they will insist that yuh have tuh get the team to beat TNT.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »

This was the worst kept secret; No big deal.  Any bets on him showing up as coach of USA?

I like the success he had for someone without coaching experience. Watching his  passionate antics on the sideline, I kept thinking this man possibly fit the upbeat lifestyle we have as oppose to the stoic look of Beenhakker. Then again we need that stoic  feel to keep we in line....better known as the discipline!!!

JA will definatley make a run at him.. As will many other countries...I'm not sure if he really wants to coach rite anymore. The entire Germany squad wanted hime to stay and he declined as was the German Fotball Federation...

After he retired from playing.. he had expressed the desire to stay out of the lime light..hence the migration of his family to the USA...So I was surprised to see him take the Germany job in 2004.

One has to wonder if he's back in the frame of mind of normality and just want to kick back with his wife and kids in his Los Angeles home...

One thing 4 sure ..if he does come back..He will be definately coming at a hefty price...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Klinsmann leaves Germany post
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 08:06:29 PM »
Klinsmann leaves Germany post
by GIANNI RUSSO (The Herald)

July 12 2006

Jurgen Klinsmann, the German football coach, has decided not to extend his contract, which expired at the end of the World Cup.
Klinsmann has told the co-president of the German soccer federation, Theo Zwanziger, that he will not be staying on, according to newspaper reports, while German sports news agency SID said the team manager Oliver Bierhoff had indirectly confirmed Klinsmann's decision.
Assistant coach Joachim Loew would now be offered the job, the agency said, without naming its source. Bierhoff said there would be a news conference in Frankfurt this morning, SID reported.
Klinsmann, who lives in California, has been urged from all sides to stay on after he led Germany to third place in the World Cup, but he had said he needed to consult with his family before making a decision.
All 23 German players, 93% of the public, according to opinion polls, and even some of his harshest critics have all said they wanted him to continue.
Germany have a friendly against Sweden on August 16 before their 2008 European Championships qualifying campaign starts in September and Zwanziger said a decision has to be made before the match with the Swedes.
Klinsmann has dismissed reports that he received a lucrative offer to coach the United States and has said he has no interest in coaching another national team such as England or Italy.
But while Klinsmann has called it a day, his French counterpart at the World Cup, Raymond Domenech, will stay on as coach after leading his side to the World Cup final.
Domenech, who took over from Jacques Santini after Euro 2004, was offered an extension to his two-year contract and has accepted it.
"Taking into account the excellent performance of France during the World Cup, the federal committee unanimously offered Raymond Domenech the chance to carry on his mission as national coach," a French Football Federation statement said.
The contract details of the extension will be discussed between Jean-Pierre Escalettes, the FFF chairman and Domenech before the next meeting of the board.
Marcello Lippi, Italy's World Cup-winning coach, will meet the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) later this week to discuss his future. Lippi, 58, whose contract ends later this month, refused to answer questions about his future during his team's campaign in Germany. On Monday he said he wanted to continue coaching, but did not reveal whether or not he intended to stay with the national team.
Poland, meanwhile, have appointed the itinerant Leo Beenhakker as the replacement for Pawel Janas, who quit after the Poles' disappointing World Cup campaign. The Dutchman, who has looked after the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam, led Trinidad & Tobago to the finals for the first time in Germany.
Karel Poborsky, the Czech midfielder, announced his international retirement yesterday but said he would play one more year with first division team Ceske Budejovice, the club he co-owns.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann leaves Germany post
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
Klinsmann have de Beach Boys -"California Dreamin" runnin over and over on he i-pod
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »

Nah I have to agree with Alberta. Beenie owes us some gratitude. Trinidad & Tobago has shown Beenie alotta love. We were very understanding of his accomplishments and what he did for us, despite a humble WC record. I can't say that he would have gotten that from most nations that came out of the cup with our record. We never got ahead of ourselves and expected miracles (at least we didn't communicate it publicly)....Despite differences in opinion at times with regard to his decisions, Beenie was never chastised in public, and was given alot of freedom to do things his way......

Also, we did help put Beenie back on the map (so to speak). I want to bet that T&T's performance had alot to do with Poland seeking him out. At the end of the day, the players gave everything they had and I think there should be mutual respect and gratitude between the players and coach. Beenie, despite his lack of emotion at time, is human, and he bonded with our team.....he admitted that he had a sentimental connection with the boys, and we gave him a hell of a ride at the cup........I wouldn't get carried away with it and say he should advise for free...that's kinda rediculous....but I also would not take what we did for him forgranted......and I would hate to think that he walked away from this experience and not considered it to be one of the more special and memorable moments in his career & life.

I hear ya boss, but I not saying he was not grateful or shuouldn't feel grateful. My point is no matter what goodwill he got from coachin T&T, he doh owe us anything beyond what he has already given. He has more than paid back any 'debt' by taking us to the WC and helping us defy expectations and steretypes about football coming out of T&T and the caribbean as a whole.  Plus I really feel Beenie did not need T&T to coach Poland...I really think Beenie is the kind of coach who will always be able to command a position just below the highest in terms of football pedigree, club and international.

Offline voodoofoo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Klinsmann quits as Germany coach
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2006, 01:30:56 AM »
Klinsmann quits as Germany coach
July 11, 2006

"I regret his decision, but we have to accept it," Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder said.

The mass-circulation Bild newspaper and the Sueddeutsche Zeitung first reported in their Wednesday editions that Klinsmann wouldn't extend his contract that ended with the World Cup.

Klinsmann called German soccer federation (DFB) co-president Theo Zwanziger and national team manager Oliver Bierhoff to tell them that he would not be staying in the job, the papers reported.

DFB spokesman Harald Stenger confirmed that Klinsmann had called Zwanziger and Bierhoff but would not disclose the details of the conversation.

The two newspapers said Klinsmann's assistant Joachim Loew was the likely successor.

Klinsmann's rejuvenated team went beyond expectations by finishing third, after losing to eventual champion Italy 2-0 in the semifinals.

taken from: http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=Aofb41um9R3edHmI4Tx4Np4mw7YF?slug=ap-germany-klinsmann&prov=ap&type=lgns

so fellas, other countries are going to miss successful coach too...
good luck Klinsmann, you did a great job, please dont coach the US team...

Offline michimausi

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Klinsmann quits as Germany coach
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2006, 01:52:33 AM »
I can understand Klismann's decision all the way.  I remember about 2 years ago when most Germans had no good words left for the poor guy.  He was being criticized by almost everyoe, and very many Germans even said that, with him being the coach, Germany has no chance but to lose the World Cup.  Nobody thought the German team would make it so far in the WC with Klinsmann as their trainer. 
Now, all of a sudden, everybody has changed their mind.  They all "love" him and want him to stay...
Who knows?  Maybe he would have decided to stay the coach of the German team if he had been treated a litle better from the beginning, but hardly anyone gave him a chance...I think it would be a real well-deserved smack in the face for all former Klinsmann-doubters if he decided to coach the U.S. team... :devil:
“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann quits as Germany coach
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2006, 02:27:46 AM »
 De Germans going to hire Klinsman assistant now.  :devil: :devil:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lippi and Klinsmann step down
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 05:26:27 AM »
Lippi and Klinsmann step down
By Howard Swains
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28749-2266564,00.html

Football chairmen around Europe have received food for thought this morning with the announcement that two of the most successful coaches of the World Cup have quit their posts. Marcello Lippi, who led Italy to glory in Berlin on Sunday, has resigned as coach of the world champions, while Jurgen Klinsmann, manager of third-placed Germany, has also stepped down. Italy beat Germany 2-0 after extra time in the semi-final of the tournament.

"At the end of an extraordinary professional and human experience, experienced as the head of an exceptional group of players ... I believe my role is over as the guide of the Italian national team," Lippi said in a statement from the Italian football federation.

Lippi, who won five Serie A titles and the European Cup during two spells at Juventus, was also broadly encouraged to remain in charge of the Azzurri, especially after their triumph three days ago. However, he expressed an intention to resign after the finals weeks ago, after he and his son were questioned with relation to the on-going corruption scandal in Italian football.

Although he is not under investigation, Lippi was questioned by prosecutors about alleged pressure he received to select certain players for Italy. Davide Lippi is under investigation for his position at a player agency linked to the scandal.

Meanwhile, Klinsmann has decided not to extend a contract that expired at the end of the finals. A news conference this morning confimed local media reports that the former Germany forward, who won the World Cup as a player in 1990, will be replaced by Joachim Loew, his assistant.

Klinsmann had received the overwhelming support of both public and German football officials to continue in the role after leading an unfancied team to third place, but decided to leave on a high after consultation with his family.

Neither Klinsmann nor Lippi revealed any plans for the future, although the 58-year-old Italian has previously expressed an intention to remain in the game and Klinsmann, 41, is expected to return to his home in the United States before listening to any offers. Both, however, will become obvious targets for club teams in Europe as well as other national sides.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2006, 05:36:30 AM »
Beenie, Klinnsman and Lippi made smart decisions. THey came out of the WC smelling of roses for the most part and continuing with their respective national teams had very little upside and plenty of downside...spare a thought for Rudi Voeller...another young inexperienced German coach who was reverred as a class striker for the German national team. Took Germany to the WC 2002 final against all odds and was hailed a national hero. resigned with his tail between his legs after Euro 2004. Fans are fickle and love turns to hate real quick..All those caoches know what it is liked to be attcaked by people who claim to love them...and then we want to get vex about loyalty...Sometimes it is better to quit on top and move on to a new challenge...

Offline michimausi

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006, 09:22:07 AM »
Beenie, Klinnsman and Lippi made smart decisions. THey came out of the WC smelling of roses for the most part and continuing with their respective national teams had very little upside and plenty of downside...spare a thought for Rudi Voeller...another young inexperienced German coach who was reverred as a class striker for the German national team. Took Germany to the WC 2002 final against all odds and was hailed a national hero. resigned with his tail between his legs after Euro 2004. Fans are fickle and love turns to hate real quick..All those caoches know what it is liked to be attcaked by people who claim to love them...and then we want to get vex about loyalty...Sometimes it is better to quit on top and move on to a new challenge...

Yes, exactly...they can't possibly be blamed for making the correct decision.
“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

1]; } ?>