May 31, 2024, 06:48:27 PM

Author Topic: Romany confident that local based footballers can rise to the occasion.  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Romany confident that local based can rise to the occasion.
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague).
[/color]

Chairman of the TT Pro League Larry Romany calls it an opportunity lost as he expressed a measure of disappointment after hearing this country’s friendly international games against Mexico and Colombia scheduled for September 2nd and 6th were cancelled, due to the unavailability of the overseas-based players.
“It is a bit unfortunate,” said the Pro League Chairman, “I would have loved to see the local players given a further opportunity to gain some much needed experience at the international level.”
“Following our experience in Germany at the 2006 world cup, the use of the locally based professionals for those games would have provided the prospect of exposing more players and assisting in the long term development of our football, as we work our way to South Africa 2010.”
Noting that the games were scheduled in the FIFA window the Pro League chairman expressed strong concern that the national teams scheduled matches ought not to be hampered by foreign clubs that refuse to honour the FIFA window.
Mr. Romany suggested, “A consideration going forward is to ensure that once games are scheduled in the FIFA window the national team is not held to ransom.”
“England and the other big countries do not have that issue. The unavailability of foreign based players is a problem that must be mitigated and the best way to mitigate such an occurrence is to develop a cadre of motivated and inspired locally based footballers.”
He went on, “I have total confidence in the commitment and dedication of the local based players. The decision to put off the game is not a reflection on their ability and talent, but is more a mirror image of shortsightedness, lack of self esteem and self-confidence on the part of those who made the decision."
“I am flabbergasted that given the way a well coached and drilled national team performed in Germany, we still do not have confidence in that concept and paradigm shift going forward."
"While the decision does not appear on the surface to have been made cognizant of the medium to long term sustainable development of the National team, in any event I do not have all the facts, so I just have to trust the judgment of the powers that be that the decisions made is in the best interest of T&T football,” ended Romany.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Romany confident that local based footballers can rise to the occasion.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:12:58 PM »
A blind man can see that the only reason this game got put off is because of money we all know everyone back home want to see the World Cup players in action  they will not pay big money for a local team and that a fact.
Empty barrels make the most noise

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »
A blind man can see that the only reason this game got put off is because of money we all know everyone back home want to see the World Cup players in action they will not pay big money for a local team and that a fact.

de fellahs who are  not seeing de benefit of the local players playing will want tuh see only de world cup players, de true supporters of trinidad and tobago football who want tuh see progress will want tuh see our locals develop and get experience for 2010.. >:( but that is juss my opinion, i know some of my breddas on here will disagree with me but say wha, i want tuh see pro league progress...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:26:36 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 05:36:30 PM »
A blind man can see that the only reason this game got put off is because of money we all know everyone back home want to see the World Cup players in action they will not pay big money for a local team and that a fact.

de fellahs who are  not seeing de benefit of the local players playing will want tuh see only de world cup players, de true supporters of trinidad and tobago football who want tuh see progress will want tuh see our locals develop and get experience for 2010.. >:( but that is juss my opinion, i know some of my breddas on here will disagree with me but say wha, i want tuh see pro league progress...

we all want to see the pro league progress... but we still need to upkeep a good international record... sacraficing your international records to develope the pro league is shaky buisness considering we are not a large country... so it is therefore much less likely for us to spit out international stars... I think if the players are good enough they wont be ignored and if they arnt seen as good enough well... hopefully that can be motivation to come harder the next time around...

it cant just be as simple as sending out a completely unexperienced international side who havent trained together for any real considerable amount of time and just becuase they are seemingly talented they will be able to face up against the worlds best.

It is a game of patience.

Meat usually comes out better when you cook it at a low temperature for a long period of time... no need to put the flames on hi and hope for the best results in the first few seconds.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 07:42:20 PM »
agreed jefferz - who it going to benifit if we get 6 from mexico, 4 from colombia etc in official friendlies?  wwhen the full team ready to get real practice games in, who going to want to play us?

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »
This is the reason why we have decent ballers palying in tata leagues in the States. Why would they come and play in the PFL knowing  that the exposure they going to get is minimal. There has to be a benefit for them to leave what they doing outside and come back. If they know coming home would mean an international cap then maybe.

Right now is only foreign men getting sweat so they fighting to make it in foreign.

If we not willing to sacrifice the international team record then somebod need to pony up some money and get the PFL clubs some international experience. Let them do a tour of South America or something. Take a PFL select and play some decent club teams.

This wait on men who sell by expiry date is before 2010 doh make no sense.

What is the plan???
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>