June 15, 2024, 06:19:14 PM

Author Topic: Birchall  (Read 6371 times)

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall
« on: July 07, 2005, 10:54:29 AM »
Hi, i am a port vale fan. Just hope you arent too offended by what our manager Martin Foyle said about you getting knocked out of the cup. Its just that Birchy hasnt had a rest since last pre-season, and we really need him next season!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:08:09 AM »
what did he say?

i suppose it was something similar to the santos chairman's wish that brazil was eliminated from the confed. cup.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 11:11:22 AM »
Valiant, maybe you should be writing your "gaffer" instead of this forum. I did not read the article but from what you insinuated I can imagine that your retarded port vale coach said that he hopes we get knocked out of the Tournament. Tell him I say that he is just Jealous the fact that he could not get that amount of "HEART" out of Birchall and we did. Yes we did buddy, Go to Trinidad and you will understand.
Doh matter what goin on in Trini, there exists more community life and everybody wants to be a part of something special. Well Birchall has found his. Your retarded manager will get him back in better mental form so relax.

In de orange Bowl yesterday had 6000000 Hondurans and about 75 Trini's and we didn't have no problem walking out de stadium.
Honduras didnt want no part...

Birchall feel dat energy when he touch down.
yuh cya blame de boy now can you?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 11:18:05 AM »
Valiant,

Welcome to the socawarriors.net forum

Chris is an extremely good addtion and we are taking good care of him.

We are also affording him an opportunity of a lifetime.

As for your manager here is what we think of him

Martin Foyle is a Asshole

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 11:26:16 AM »
but why do you think that of him!?!? he's just trying to do his job and chris is a very important player bus us. He is a local lad and was born locally so yes we do get that amont of 'heart' from him when he plays.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 11:34:25 AM »
Chris is playin International Football with an International coach with experience. The experience would only help him improve, this is experience he could never get otherwise. Don't worry yuh head.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 12:16:27 PM »
If he was playing for England he'd never say such no sence
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »
Hi all.

I'm ALSO a Port Vale supporter. Davidephrahim, Touches etc, maybe you should just chill out a bit. People say things that they mean as a light-hearted comment, but unless you're there at the time, things can be taken the wrong way. Everyone at Vale is really pleased for Chris, especially the supporters. We need him fit for the new season, as we've only got a small squad.

Bally, the number of managers over here who complain or don't let their players play for England is pretty high.
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 12:26:35 PM »
I find it hard to believe that managers wil prevent their players from playing for England.  They might complain a lot but prevent them is a big stretch of your imagination.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 12:31:53 PM »
 ;D OK, I'll see if I can find something and post the link. A lot of managers say their players are injured, but then pick them the next week.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 12:39:28 PM »
;D OK, I'll see if I can find something and post the link. A lot of managers say their players are injured, but then pick them the next week.

U have a point there but that is England problem.  Birchall wants to represent TnT and the coach selected him so Port Vale fans need to relax and be happy that their player is gaining some international experience that will be benefit both him and the club.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 12:42:34 PM »
RealMadness, we ARE happy, as I said, but as I also said, we have a very small squad of 20 players, and no money to buy any more. Hector Sam was a free transfer, and we can't wait to see him. We just can't afford to have anyone as good as Chris out injured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/2235418.stm

I know this is quite old, but nothing has really changed. Ferguson is definitely the worst for this.

Anyway, good luck in the Cup. I'm really pleased he's got his first goal. Up the Warriors!  ;D

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 01:04:03 PM »
Port Vale fans,doh worry.I assure you, you will see a big improvement in Birchall game when he returns which can only benefit the club.He is playing at a level and against opposition he will not get in the 1st Div.He is also with a known and respected coach in Beehakker that 1st Div teams can't afford.I understand your concern but Birchall is a young man and should be able to take the jamming now than at a later stage of his career.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 01:23:19 PM »
yeah fellas

I find like we get kinda defensive there. Everyone making good points but I find the Port Vale fans coming with a positive vibe and actually apologising for their coach.  We growing to love Birchall as one of we own, but you have to concede that they love Birchall before we ever heard of him so is one love. Plus his contribution goes both ways...We acting like is only Port Vale benefitting form his international experience. Fellas..is not Trinidad that give Brichall heart and technique...he bringing dat from England where he was born and raised and some of how players doh have it so. They probably learning a ting or two from him. So both sides benefitting. He is one of us now and we proud...especially since he choose to do so when the chips was down...but he is still a English boy first and is wrong to state he doh play with heart for Port Vale.

Respect to Valiant and Reditch Valiant for joining the soca warriors. Hear nah man, we have a real opportunity to see how our boy is viewed by his other set of fans...no stuppidy newspaper report and ting.

As for managers...dey always dissing national teams when is not the WC, European Cup or their respective qualifiers. Things like friendlies, Gold Cup and Confed Cup does always get dis. Yes, even when they representing big sides like England and Brazil. To be fair, club managers trying to protect their bread and butter. We would all do the same if we were in that position. Make no mistake...Martin Foyle is a very happy man that Birchall is an international (read the whole article and doh jus' focus on the inflamatory remarks). he jus wish Birchall wasn't playing while he supposed to be on holiday and unfortunately he chose a real assanine way to express it. Anyhow....I done rant too long. One love to all and leh we mash up Panama this Saturday

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 01:41:29 PM »
Filho, I have to agree with you, Port Vale is not Chelsea with a massive squad, although their coach spoke a lot of mess, its nice to see Vale fans following Chris' performance with the Soca Warriors and they're just as happy he's doing well but at the same token, he's their investment and and a product of their youth system and want to see him shine for their club also, we all do. We just have to reassure them that Leo has been around long enough to bring out the best from Chris for Port Vale's & T&T's mutual benefit. Chris is not the most brilliant player to don the Red White & Black but he's the emodiment of a Warrior, a Soca Warrior.
P.S. Stern has to bench next game.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 01:43:35 PM »
Redditch Valiant,
I understand your plight regarding having a small squad.  The same can be said for TnT.  Birchall is one of our best midfielders at this time so it is important he play often with the team because we are in the middle of the WC qualifiers.  Hopefully he will not get injured (for both Port Vale and TnT benefit).  Playing often does increase the chances of getting injured but he could get injured in training or even in a party.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
yeah Jayerson

100% in agreement.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 02:12:09 PM »
Well I am 'grounded' here in Alberta but still managed to waer my colours in support of the efforts our team made yesterday.

I can't help but feel that the undertones of the Port Vale fans is one of irreverance for Chris' contributions to his adopted land. There is an undercurrent in their messages of support for the manager's concern regarding the player's amount of  matches and the likelihood of injury.

I would say that, the contributions of Chris to our team, his team and  his career is a symbiotic nature. Everyone would benfit from the experience. The nature of sports is one that a palyer is always a step away from a career ending injury. Any game any practice session could result in an injury. Would you rest a player from games aganist weaker teams so as to avoid injury? would you save a player for only crucial moments? As much as we all have vested interest  for our own gains in the situation, we at times need to let things run their course and  reap the rewards.

Port Vale fans, in as much as they regret the far from less choice of statements from thier manager still appears to be protective of Chris and harbors a wish that he was resting in some country side.  If the man has a passion for football and is given a chance to play at this level in his professional life, what could be so wrong with that?

'Give Jack he jacket' or in this case, let Chris enjoy the fruits of his labour' Ever think that  he does not owe anything to TNT, he has been given an opportunity and he is taking it to the fullest. Is this so wrong? From the player's mouth:
“It’s just a dream really, even to just come into the squad and then to score a goal like that in my fifth start for the team is unbelievable.”

“There was a bit of a disagreement with the gaffer because he didn’t want me to come over for the tournament but once I made my mind up, he said to go out and play my game and do what I had been doing for Port Vale all season. He’ll be pleased to know that I have scored and my confidence will be high playing for Trinidad again and then going back to England.”

« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 02:59:54 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 06:36:32 PM »
i thought he had a good game overall. he did have a few mental lapses that one would find with a young player though. the goal was a great shot and the first half he was making some decent runs. but he should work on his marking and set pieces however. no doubt that those things will come as he matures as a player but for now we need a bit better crosses from the set plays. but a fantastic goal,hes been great so far.
Hart for president

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 07:24:08 PM »
Port Vales fans:
I might be wrong - but for a trini, its hard to see how Birchal resting for the sake of Port Vale is anyway where near as important as him playing for Trinidad. Trinidad is country (not only that, but OUR country) in the middle of world cup qualifying. Theres no comparing Port Vale to that. I dont even think club football means the same to a trini as it means to the english.

On the other hand:
If you step into the Port Vales manager's and fans shoes you can understand where theyre coming from too. Port Vale is paying Birchal. Their teams success depends on his players performance. And worst case scenario the coach job could depend on it. So its a worry to lose your best prospects in a 'not so important tournament' playing 'for not that big a team'.

All Im saying is lets step into the next man shoes for a minute and realise what going on here. At the end of the day we just hadda respect each others feelings. I dont think either side is totally going to convince the other.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 08:37:42 PM »
Chris B seems to be a bright kid..when TnT reaches the WC nuff managers will get to see him at a bigger stage..who know (sorry to say) but Port Vale could likely be seeing the last of Chris soon. It's already a novelty that he's "white" and not TnT born..so you already know that the attention is on him.

Whatever the future/game brings, we are thankful for the work Chris is giving us.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 10:01:19 PM »

Valiant,

Welcome to the socawarriors.net forum

Chris is an extremely good addtion and we are taking good care of him.

We are also affording him an opportunity of a lifetime.

I agree

Port Vales fans:
I might be wrong - but for a trini, its hard to see how Birchal resting for the sake of Port Vale is anyway where near as important as him playing for Trinidad. Trinidad is country (not only that, but OUR country) in the middle of world cup qualifying. Theres no comparing Port Vale to that. I dont even think club football means the same to a trini as it means to the english.

Good point .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 10:04:00 PM by StoreBayLimer »

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 07:33:40 AM »
Valiants - Most folks understand the predicament of club managers and we can take some of their griping when they have to let players go for international duty. However, when foyle publicly stated that he hoped we got knocked out early -- that was just plain disrespect.

As far as my take on Chris B., he has been an excellent addition to our squad and I can see why you all are concerned for his well being, but he is an international footballer now and his choice has to be respected. He will only grow and become better through the experience that he is getting now.

It's is win/win/win situation for T&T, Port Vale and Chris, anyhow you take it.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 08:34:46 AM »

Ah ent see de boy play yet nah, but I glad he on de team oui!!! He taking shots and ,as we can see, he  can score. ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2005, 10:46:19 AM »
I just have one thing to say...if the rest of the team play with the energy and determination that Birchall plays with everytime i see him in action then we wouldn't have a problem in qualifying for a world cup or advancing in the gold cup, but that's just me talking.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2005, 10:54:03 AM »
based on the calibre of his current international performances, i suspect it is only a matter of time before championship and premier league clubs com ebidding for birchall. he may not be a port vale player much longer.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2005, 12:01:08 PM »
Valiant

See Chris is doing fine

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2005, 03:01:42 PM »
some good points being raised.

Anyway, ill contine visiting this site and supporting T&T, many vale fans now have T&T flags, and we are supportng Chris as much as possible.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2005, 03:06:33 PM »

Anyway, ill contine visiting this site and supporting T&T, many vale fans now have T&T flags, and we are supportng Chris as much as possible.

Great man. Thanks for the support  ;D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2005, 03:10:27 PM »

valiant were you around the time of Anthony Rougier and if so how did you and other fans rate him?

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>